If You Could Play in the NFL, What Would.........

11 hours ago, RevWarRifleman said:

A random thought/fantasy to have a little fun with.  Lets say that today, you're a young athlete at the peak of your physical strength.

1. Choose your position you would like to play in the NFL.

2. Now, pick a player or players from the past in the NFL  or AFL to be your mentor at that position and explain why.

3. And when your practice session is over, what player from the past would you like have join you as you go out afterwards to party.

For me:

1. Slot receiver, 

2.  Andra Reed, with a little bit of Ernie Warlick (yes, I know Warlick was a TE, but he was very effective over the middle.)

3.Joe Namath, Paul McGuire

Talk about fantasy football!

You forgot to ask the most important question.  What number would you wear?

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Although it's a biased standard, the picture of Joe Montana that's stuck in my head is that dazed look he had after the Bills knocked him out of the KC game in 1993.

I remember that game. Man, we had a defense that would really go after people. That hit was the turning point in the game.

11 hours ago, Virgil said:

MLB. I want to smack the **** out of Marsha all day. 

I want to be mentored by Ray Lewis so he can teach me to get away with murder 

Who, or whom would you want to party with afterwards? Inquiring minds want to know.

1 hour ago, Epstein's Mother said:

That, and any other thing people would like to include is perfectly fine.

9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

[This is an automated response]As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.Thank you.

Sorry Hapless. I should have used a more specific title.

• RevWarRifleman changed the title to If You Could Play in the NFL, What Would.........
2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You can edit it.  Just click and hold on the title and an edit box will open.  I could do it for ya but prefer to let you choose whatcha like.

Thanks.

5 hours ago, Epstein's Mother said:

For me, it wouldn't make a difference, except for 0.  What would be your number of choice?

This is pretty simple for me.....I would be an offensive linemen

I played OL in high school and onto college before I decided to pursue another path and go into the military.......back in those days weighing 265 was enough for me to get it done......

I had the functional strength to get it done.....but understood that it takes way more then that at the next level in regards to footwork and hand placement and studying opponents week to week.

Unfortunately......in my talent level so did everyone else so I was JAG....I didnt have the ridiculous long wingspan or height/weight that is coveted......

But I scrapped till the whistle was blown.....

18 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

1. QB

2. Peyton Manning because he’s the most cerebral QB ever.

3. Lawrence Taylor and Michael Irvin in his prime. I’d also like to spend some time with Mickey Mantle and the Showtime Lakers

Very good list.

Exactly my choices for #1 and #2.

#3 is very solid as well...

I would also add into strong contention for #3:

-deion Sanders

-gronk

-the Vikings "booze cruise" guys

1.)  Punter - I'll take two million a year for 15 years.  Not as much pressure (which I'm horrible under) as quarterback or kicker.  Will leave game with mind and body intact.

2.)  Paul Maguire because I liked him as a broadcaster and how much coaching do you need to punt a football?

3.)  Marshawn Lynch - what could go wrong?

1) Kicker

2) Matt Prater

3) Lawrence Taylor and Matt Prater

20 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

1. QB

2. Peyton Manning because he’s the most cerebral QB ever.

3. Lawrence Taylor and Michael Irvin in his prime. I’d also like to spend some time with Mickey Mantle and the Showtime Lakers

very good choices. I'd rather pick an easier position to have more time to party with Lawrence Taylor and Michael Irving. And I'm sure Matt Prater would join the posse.

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

For me iat’s The Thurmonator with him mentoring me as I loved his play and was always built and played running back.  Between wrestling, football, and eventually powerlifting, it was my calling.

had fun when younger.  Now just about trying to be in shape.

I know what you mean about "trying to be in shape." It gets harder & harder to try to keep up the regimen.

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

QB.

Bart Starr.

Joe Willie Namath.

I was a QB from Little League through Marine Corp (8 man teams) and city Touch leagues. Star was a master and underratedly clever. Joe gets the chicks.

Ahh, and why Namath?  I put him down for his Hollywood connection back in the day. I went through High School in the 60's, even though I was a Bills fan, I thought 

that guy was God. I even painted by baseball spikes white in my senior year.