Nate Peterman 2017 All-22 Analysis by BR

31 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

we always root for the laundry i hope. Even Jordan Mills ( as a backup)

If he did not have bad luck that game, he wouldn't have no luck at all !

Go Nathan  Peterman

Go Bills !

Exactly.

There are clearly fans here who root more for or against players than anything, but despite being utter dog dung against the Chargers, every time Peterman took the field with the 1st string offense, I convinced (deluded...?) myself that he would find a way to pull a complete 180 and look like a viable Franchise QB who could eventually lead us to the promised land.

That didn't happen.

But if he starts for us this year from the beginning, I'll do the same: trust McDermott's judgement, root for the laundry, and Billieve in the guy under center, even if I'm incredibly apprehensive about him.

52 minutes ago, Augie said:

Taking a knee removes the fumble possibility as well! Not his specialty, but another fear. We may be on to something. 

For some reason I like him more than I probably should, like Trent Edwards. But I will face the reality of the situation.... 

Nothing wrong with liking him as a possible long shot- it’s the guys that jump straight to thinking day 3 QBs will probably work out that might benefit from a deep breathe. its fun to watch a project. It sucks to obsess about one.

54 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

It was DiMarco. once of the worst plays of his life i might guess. after that ? all hell broke loose.

would been cool to see the sideline camera on Dennison all game. maybe MCd too. Ha hah

Being behind the Bills bench, but back a few rows, we could see everything.  After every pick, Peterman came back to the bench and sat there with Dennison (I think, unless it was the QB coach) and calmly went over plays on a tablet.  The bench was pretty empty, except for those 2 at the end.  All the while, Taylor was pacing around, helmet in hand.  I think Tyrod knew that Nate was having a rough go and respectfully stayed out of the way.  As this situation played itself out over and over, we, as fans, got more and more upset.  We were screaming for the hook.  It was surreal (or maybe we just had a few too many Blues or California IPAs).  The sky was falling and nobody was doing anything about it.  I am a big McD fan, but this was not his finest hour.  We couldn't see McD's face too much, as his back was to us, but he could hear the jeers from the crowd and his body language though the entire 1st half suggested that he was resolute in his stance and not going to bend and yank Peterman.

Edited by msw2112

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Another useless thread bitching about the Chargers game over and over again.  

? ? 

Weird... the article isn't entirely critical of Peterman and actually leaves ambiguity here.

Another useless irrelevant post bitching about a thread just because of personal feelings.

You're definitely one of a small handful of posters on this message board one could point to in order to define the word Curmudgeon.

Nice to see you still feel so much affection for me, though :wub:

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Exactly.

There are clearly fans here who root more for or against players than anything, but despite being utter dog dung against the Chargers, every time Peterman took the field with the 1st string offense, I convinced (deluded...?) myself that he would find a way to pull a complete 180 and look like a viable Franchise QB who could eventually lead us to the promised land.

That didn't happen.

But if he starts for us this year from the beginning, I'll do the same: trust McDermott's judgement, root for the laundry, and Billieve in the guy under center, even if I'm incredibly apprehensive about him.

I cant wait to see you watch a good Bills qb. 

Will you start twice as many threads? Or stop starting them completely because you don’t need to talk yourself into believing? Or hate the guy?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Exactly.

That didn't happen.

my  Life Coach said its normal for Bills Fans. The apprehension, i meant mostly.

Being a Bills Fan means suspending reality at times and living on just hope.

and Then !

we just made the Playoffs !

Screw you Life Coach !!

S B bound and determined 

What the team has at QB is some potential, a hope and dream. You got a vet that's been a back up. You got a rookie that crashed on the first test run. You have a high draft pick that hasn't been NFL tested yet. 

I'm thinking it doesn't matter who gets the start because I'm thinking there will be struggles regulardless. You have a new OC and system. You have Shady Mcoy. 

I am open minded, but I don't think it's all going to be put together and working by the first game. So I hope one of the QBs can come in and start overcoming the hurdles. 

I think McDermott can surprise because he is a detailed guy. So I'm not writing anything off. I'm hoping Daboll is a wizard and not a huckster. 

Edited by Lfod

5 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I cant wait to see you watch a good Bills qb. 

Will you start twice as many threads? Or stop starting them completely because you don’t need to talk yourself into believing? Or hate the guy?

I watched Jim Kelly from the moment I became a Bills fan in 1988 to 1996.

I've seen a HOFer at QB in a Bills uniform.

I know what it looks like, thanks.

I'll never hate a Bills QB.

I don't hate Peterman.

I didn't love Taylor.

I don't love Allen, though I'm excited about his prospects.

I'm definitely more of a positive person than so many on here, though. Being a sports fan is supposed to be enjoyable, so I enjoy watching every minute of every game the Bills play, even when we absolutely suck like in 2010 when we were 4-12 and were out of even remote playoff contention in October.

You can whine and complain if you want, I'll be positive, thank you very much... maybe it's the Hawaiian sun that does it for me. Even if Peterman starts (I don't want him to, just like I desperately hated the idea of drafting Allen), I'll manage to be positive about it.

Sorry if that bothers you. Feel free to do what redneck claims he's now going to do and what Shady has clearly unsuccessfully been doing for a long time and ignore me.

9 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't hate Peterman.

I didn't love Taylor.

I'm definitely more of a positive person than so many on here, though. Being a sports fan is supposed to be enjoyable, so I enjoy watching every minute of every game the Bills play, even when we absolutely suck like in 2010 when we were 4-12 and were out of even remote playoff contention in October.

You can whine and complain if you want, I'll be positive, thank you very much... maybe it's the Hawaiian sun that does it for me. Even if Peterman starts (I don't want him to, just like I desperately hated the idea of drafting Allen), I'll manage to be positive about it.

Sorry if that bothers you. Feel free to do what redneck claims he's now going to do and what Shady has clearly unsuccessfully been doing for a long time and ignore me.

Are we back to this again?

I’ll say it takes you over 5 angry replies to realize I was just joking with you again, and we all lose for having to sit through it. 

I love how there was a QB competition brewing last year and it was completely over in ninety minutes or so.  Never saw that happen before.  He's obviously better than what he showed and am hoping all three QB's do well this preseason making it a difficult decision for the coaches.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't hate Peterman.

I didn't love Taylor.

I don't think Peterman starting is a high percentage probability to be honest. It's not something I would bet on. I just don't rule it out because he appears to still be in the mix. He might still have something to show. I don't think he survives another disaster. If it happens I would that he's done. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I don't think Peterman starting is a high percentage probability to be honest. It's not something I would bet on. I just don't rule it out because he appears to still be in the mix. He might still have something to show. I don't think he survives another disaster. If it happens I would that he's done. 

I don't think him starting is that far fetched either. If McCarron isn't good and Allen isn't ready, Peterman is our best hope. I've said it before, and as ridiculous as it may sound, Peterman is the most nfl proven qb we have on our roster. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Are we back to this again?

I’ll say it takes you over 5 angry replies to realize I was just joking with you again, and we all lose for having to sit through it. 

I guess we are. 

That was poor joking... or I should say it was not the "haha for all" type of joke, it was more "I'm going to be a condescending jerk to you because I think it's funny and others (not you) will think it's funny, too" type of joke.

So you pretty much asked for a response like that from me.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I guess we are. 

That was poor joking.., or I should say it was not the "haha for all" type of joke, it was more "I'm going to be a condescending jerk to you because I think it's funny and others (not you) will think it's funny, too" type of joke.

So you pretty much asked for a response like that from me.

I’ll count this as 2 of 5

3 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

The one guy who will never start gets so much attention. 

ME?

I thought I was pretty much under the radar! 

We have no clue at this point....but we have so much time to ponder. It’s that time of year, but it seems tougher when it’s thw QB that is the big question mark.