Nate Peterman 2017 All-22 Analysis by BR

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2018/6/27/17484226/all-22-analysis-buffalo-bills-quarterback-nathan-peterman-kelvin-benjamin-charles-clay

Beginning

"For this all-22 look, we’ll cut right to the chase. Nathan Peterman has shown some good things along with some bad things. His low volume of game tape (52 pass attempts) makes statistical evaluations exceedingly difficult, so we won’t even try. No one should be selling a definitive “Book of Peterman,” as his trajectory is unknown at this point. What follows are simply notes on the Ghost of Peterman past. Should he elect to undergo Ebenezer Scrooge-like self-evaluation and correction, the Ghost of Peterman future should be a much nicer picture. Because quarterbacks are special, we have a limited edition format for this dive."

Click the link for All-22 Analysis of 7 Plays

End

"Skeptics will likely continue to cringe at the sheer number of things he needs to work on, which is a valid take. Petermaniacs can hang their hat (or ripped muscle shirt) on the fact that repetition should lead to improvements in all of his weak areas. This is also a valid take. More than anyone else in the position group, Peterman exemplifies Schrödinger’s QB."

31 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2018/6/27/17484226/all-22-analysis-buffalo-bills-quarterback-nathan-peterman-kelvin-benjamin-charles-clay

Beginning

"For this all-22 look, we’ll cut right to the chase. Nathan Peterman has shown some good things along with some bad things. His low volume of game tape (52 pass attempts) makes statistical evaluations exceedingly difficult, so we won’t even try. No one should be selling a definitive “Book of Peterman,” as his trajectory is unknown at this point. What follows are simply notes on the Ghost of Peterman past. Should he elect to undergo Ebenezer Scrooge-like self-evaluation and correction, the Ghost of Peterman future should be a much nicer picture. Because quarterbacks are special, we have a limited edition format for this dive."

Click the link for All-22 Analysis of 7 Plays

End

"Skeptics will likely continue to cringe at the sheer number of things he needs to work on, which is a valid take. Petermaniacs can hang their hat (or ripped muscle shirt) on the fact that repetition should lead to improvements in all of his weak areas. This is also a valid take. More than anyone else in the position group, Peterman exemplifies Schrödinger’s QB."

OMG  14 years and i finally gotta figure out the ignore button...wtf   the crusade of tranny continues......

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think the jury is still out on Peterman.  I think it's safe to say that he's not the second coming of Tom Brady, but he still may have some untapped potential and could end up being a competent backup or lower end starter in the league someday.  He may also be out of the league by 2020.  We just don't have enough of a sample size to know, which this article mentions. 

For what it's worth, I was at the fateful Chargers game last year, so I had a first-hand view of the debacle.  We were sitting behind the Bills bench and were screaming at the coaches to pull Nate from the game.  Not all of the picks were his fault.  He had very poor pass protection on a couple of them and at least one of the balls bounced off of the receiver's hands (may have been the first one, a pass to DiMarco in the flat, but I'm only going on memory, so don't quote me on this).  I supported the decision to give him a shot, given Tyrod's terrible play the previous 3 weeks, but when it became clear that it was not his day and that he was in over his head in that circumstance (rookie QB making his first start on the road against a very strong pass rush), I wanted him on the bench.  Unfortunately, McD was stubborn and waited until halftime to pull the trigger.  By that time, the Bills were already out of the game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..so what were your realistic expectations for a 5th round pick anyway?.....just curious.......

To suck year 1, and likely most following years. 

3 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Last year was a run heavy offense. He sucked

But imagine if we didn’t throw at all- odds are he could really clean up the interception issue

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

But imagine if we didn’t throw at all- odds are he could really clean up the interception issue

Taking a knee removes the fumble possibility as well! Not his specialty, but another fear. We may be on to something. 

For some reason I like him more than I probably should, like Trent Edwards. But I will face the reality of the situation.... 

3 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Last year was a run heavy offense. He sucked

so did the run heavy offense

15 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

That might be true. But he is also dumb as dirt under pressure.

not true.

just not good under pressure.
and how is it you have knowledge about the IQ of dirt ?
Maybe you meant Turf ?

18 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I think the jury is still out on Peterman.  I think it's safe to say that he's not the second coming of Tom Brady, but he still may have some untapped potential and could end up being a competent backup or lower end starter in the league someday.  He may also be out of the league by 2020.  We just don't have enough of a sample size to know, which this article mentions. 

For what it's worth, I was at the fateful Chargers game last year, so I had a first-hand view of the debacle.  We were sitting behind the Bills bench and were screaming at the coaches to pull Nate from the game.  Not all of the picks were his fault.  He had very poor pass protection on a couple of them and at least one of the balls bounced off of the receiver's hands (may have been the first one, a pass to DiMarco in the flat, but I'm only going on memory, so don't quote me on this).  I supported the decision to give him a shot, given Tyrod's terrible play the previous 3 weeks, but when it became clear that it was not his day and that he was in over his head in that circumstance (rookie QB making his first start on the road against a very strong pass rush), I wanted him on the bench.  Unfortunately, McD was stubborn and waited until halftime to pull the trigger.  By that time, the Bills were already out of the game.

It was DiMarco. once of the worst plays of his life i might guess. after that ? all hell broke loose.

would been cool to see the sideline camera on Dennison all game. maybe MCd too. Ha hah

16 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

To suck year 1, and likely most following years. 

even though you are a tough nut at times ? 

This is reasonably funny. I smiled, ty

3 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

so did the run heavy offense

not true.

just not good under pressure.
and how is it you have knowledge about the IQ of dirt ?
Maybe you meant Turf ?

Yeah set your bar at 3 picks under pressure as not good.

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

Taking a knee removes the fumble possibility as well! Not his specialty, but another fear. We may be on to something. 

For some reason I like him more than I probably should, like Trent Edwards. But I will face the reality of the situation.... 

we always root for the laundry i hope. Even Jordan Mills ( as a backup)

If he did not have bad luck that game, he wouldn't have no luck at all !

Go Nathan  Peterman

Go Bills !

1 minute ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Yeah set your bar at 3 picks under pressure as not good.

nope it wasn't good at all.
After i stopped screaming at the McDermott on my TV to pull the kid and put a tourniquet on the Boy. I realized he must been crushed<
and yet here he is battling for the QB start this season  !!
How can ya not like him ?