Josh Allen EASILY beats Darnold and Mayfield in a passing competition

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I didn’t see that one? Do you have the link?

Really? I fear the bad karma of posting it here, but search “Josh Allen misses net” and there’s no shortage of options. I’ve seen a different (and more shocking) view of that, but you’ll get the idea. I’m just praying for the best. It was just one pass and he only missed by a few feet (I keep telling myself). 

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Not just real, but promising.  Tires are a fair approximation of our receiving corps.

Yep.  No matter how well the ball is thrown, it ends up hitting the ground.

12 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

I find it really hard to dislike Mayfield or Darnold, it seems like Allen is tight with both guys. I think Darnold vs Allen is going to turn into a Kelly vs Marino thing.

That would be great especially if our guy dominates like Kelly did over Marino ?

12 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Was Rosen off pouting somewhere?

He was held out in the concussion protocol

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Augie said:

Really? I fear the bad karma of posting it here, but search “Josh Allen misses net” and there’s no shortage of options. I’ve seen a different (and more shocking) view of that, but you’ll get the idea. I’m just praying for the best. It was just one pass and he only missed by a few feet (I keep telling myself). 

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/01/josh-allen-wyoming-senior-bowl-throw-video-miss-workout-accuracy-browns-nfl-draft

Durning a Senior Bowl practice!?  I would say he went on to have an OK Senior Bowl game - he must have put that throw out of his mind more than you did...

Also, the original video posted here wasn't a "throwing contest", but those guys dicking around during the football card shoot.  As was said, there was a whole thread on it.  But stir on, it's the offseason!

Edited by Heitz

12 hours ago, Augie said:

Sadly, this reminds me of the video of Mayfield hitting the bullseye in the net, while Allen missed the entire friggin’ net. I’m praying that was a freak event! 

This was blown so out of proportion, but social media ran with it that he missed an entire net.

the coach on the ground was yelling out 1,2, or 3 after the QB finished their shuffle to indicate what pod he wanted the QB to throw to. Mayfield had 1, and Josh Allen has the one in the top corner. While he did miss the hole, he only missed it by like 6 inches. But twitter ran with the clip as if he missed the whole net.

The video is a few weeks old now. I know because it was shot at Cal Lutheran University in suburban LA. It’s where the Rams practice facility is while they’re waiting for the new stadium to be completed. My daughter attended CLU and I spent many a Saturday in that stadium.

As I recall it was actually the player’s Rookie Card gathering m, therefore they were all in full uniform, as opposed to sweats or shorts. What I found interesting was that the players were all flown to California just to take a photo or two! (I’m pretty sure Cal Lu had just left some balls laying around their practice facility.)

14 hours ago, Augie said:

If that net would have jumped to catch that ball, I think we’d have our WR #3. Not a lot of YAC, but maybe move the chains. 

HAHAHHHAA! Post of the week!  hands down! not even close!  :beer:

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Augie said:

Sadly, this reminds me of the video of Mayfield hitting the bullseye in the net, while Allen missed the entire friggin’ net. I’m praying that was a freak event! 

It was a setup to get Mayfield over confident. Josh is a ringer.

4 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

The organizer made three mistakes by not inviting him to the competition. He says he's angry and motivated now. He's carrying a chip on his shoulder.

So, now they're are 9 teams and 1 organizer that made a mistake on the List of Rosen. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

This was blown so out of proportion, but social media ran with it that he missed an entire net.

the coach on the ground was yelling out 1,2, or 3 after the QB finished their shuffle to indicate what pod he wanted the QB to throw to. Mayfield had 1, and Josh Allen has the one in the top corner. While he did miss the hole, he only missed it by like 6 inches. But twitter ran with the clip as if he missed the whole net.

Of course it was. It was only one throw, but I thought it was funny...about as funny as how much attention it got. It got that attention because it played right into some people’s take on Allen. None of these QB’s were John Elway or even Andrew Luck coming out. I don’t even pretend to know who will emerge from this class as the real deal, they all have their flaws. Allen is our guy now and I’m praying he’s top of the class as some people predicted. 

19 hours ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

Or another EJ vs Geno

I want gonna bring up EJ but there was a lot of angst when he missed the net on a fade drill at tc the year Tyrod came. Allen seems to mirror him to me. I will reserve judgement though. I dont want to draft a qb next year

Guys if you read the article you'd know originally the entire video that showed who actually won the contest was never released til now. So no it's not the same thing as any thread posted before.

An update to an old subject is considered quality threading this time of year.

Now carry on...

9 hours ago, PIZ said:

Allen effortlessly throws the ball harder and more accurately than Darnold and Mayfield.

shhhhhh!  Don't you know this is TBD?  We all have to be cautiously pessimistic or risk someone we've never met calling us out nine months from now about our pollyanna-ish rose colored beer goggles.  

But yeah, Allen puts the others to shame and they know it, too.

• Like (+1) 1