What about Orleans Darkwa?

5 hours ago, Buftex said:

I'd rather have him than Ivory, but I don't mind the RB's we have right now.  If he recovers from his injury, I think Travarid Cadet could be a real find.

5 hours ago, LaDexter said:

Shady turns 30 in two weeks.  Some youth would be welcome, as Ivory is another banged up vet.

I'll watch for Cadet in preseason.

Travarid is no young alternate; he is 29.

What is with Bills and older RBs?  I believe experience is important but so is youthful stamina and injury recovery time.

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...didn't the Cadet kid show some promise before the injury, even if it was limited?....

Definitely. I’m not going to sit here and say he is an all pro in the waiting or anything like that

but

as a 3rd option he is a good runner / receiver out of the backfield 

He's got better speed than Cadett, otherwise he's the same type of back methinks.  You don't want to replace Ivory, because he's really your only north-south banger.  He's not a huge back, but that's his style.  If you can get him at a reasonable price, I'd bring him in as competition in place of one of the other depth players, but I'm not betting the farm.

11 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I'd add him if we can.  A backfield of Shady, Ivory, Dawkwa and Cadet looks very dangerous.  

The Bill's will be keeping a FB on the roster so I don't think they carry 4 RB's.

They will probably put a RB on the practice squad (probably someone from another team) or Keith Ford if he performs during TC.

On 6/27/2018 at 1:40 PM, ProcessAccepted said:

I agree with you about Shady. I'm worried about his hamstrings an missing a bunch of games. I think we've had better back of RBs in previous years than Ivory ?

We also paid ivory a good amount of cap money

On 6/28/2018 at 1:11 PM, ColoradoBills said:

The Bill's will be keeping a FB on the roster so I don't think they carry 4 RB's.

They will probably put a RB on the practice squad (probably someone from another team) or Keith Ford if he performs during TC.

good point about the FB.  

Ivory may not have had an impact and in fact a bad year last year. He has for many years made Buffalo's interior defense look bad and ran allot of our LBs over in the process if he possesses even half of that ferocity he used to run with he will be a huge upgrade from last year. He just needs to hold onto the ball. That being said Darkwa was running for the Giants which has been a black hole for RBs for a few years now and it could of just been a reflection of poor blocking and play calling.

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

I like Cadet, Darkwa is a different type of back. I’d take him over Ivory all day everyday. 

The problem is we Gave Ivory a 2.5 Million a year deal. And that’s his cap # too. If McCoy gets jammed up a Ivory, Darkwa, & Cadet stable could work. Not enough touches if McCoy doesn’t get suspended ?