Stream Bills games on CBS All Access

nucci

12 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Not true. IPTV falls into the grey option.

Most of the people who consider it grey are people use it and they use that argument to justify something that his wrong.  People are being prosecuted who use it illegally.   Streaming is not some magically thing, it is downloading to your hardware even if at any given time you only have a small piece, its still illegal.

20 hours ago, billsfan5121 said:

You are correct to an extent.  What this means is that whatever game is on your local CBS feed, that’s the game available.  I live in Virginia, so there are occasionally times that the Bills are the local game (NE matchups, Baltimore likely week 1 this season).  For me, I would get those games.  The other 14 weeks?  I’d get the national game and Baltimore games.  

So for people in and around buffalo, an antenna works.  For people outside buffalo, we would only get the game if it was on the local CBS feed.  Basically, I still need Sunday Ticket.  

Reddit

35 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Most of the people who consider it grey are people use it and they use that argument to justify something that his wrong.  People are being prosecuted who use it illegally.   Streaming is not some magically thing, it is downloading to your hardware even if at any given time you only have a small piece, its still illegal.

Not if you are using a VPN.

20 hours ago, nucci said:

If you are a Verizon Wireless customer you get the same deal when using the NFL app. Any local or national game. But with one catch. Your ability to use Chromecast is disabled. So you can only watch the game on your phone.

16 hours ago, uticaclub said:

NFL Mobile has had this for free on Verizon for years

Ok, to make sure I understand this: They allow streaming, but only if you are in market?

Is it possible to access via computer? Can you VPN to access it?

I really would like to watch games legally, but I am pretty sure I can't do DirecTV in my area and this sounds more than affordable.

I can stream onto my mobile all games that are being played locally through my cable provider (verizon) and NFL Game Pass by forking over the $100 for NFL Game Pass.  Game Pass allows you to watch all preseason games live over the Internet and also any regular season game over the Internet after it's over.  

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If you are a Verizon Wireless customer you get the same deal when using the NFL app. Any local or national game. But with one catch. Your ability to use Chromecast is disabled. So you can only watch the game on your phone.

Thanks, I read it wrong so it's not really anything new or special...Still have to call Directv for my annual  discounts

1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Well that sucks, I only really pay for direct tv for just the Bills.

I hear ya.  If not for the Bills I'd probably cut the cord for good and do streaming or antenna only.  But man, I love that Sunday Ticket.

• Like (+1) 2

22 hours ago, FluffHead said:

I have heard there is a popular discussion type website that rhymes with Breddit that usually has the games available 

Am planning to research this live this season while keeping DTV. If it looks good, I’m planning on cutting out the DTV after 20 years. Too expensive for just basic monthly service I don’t use.

21 hours ago, Acantha said:

Yes.  The phone number, or even where the service is started/billed doesn't help.  You have to be using local towers to get the games.

Technically, it's based off of your phone's GPS location services, not necessarily the towers. That's how it is with the NFL Mobile App for Verizon Wireless. I assume it will be the same thing with the CBS service. 

But there's a work around for that. I live in Central FL, but I was able to stream the Bills games on my phone via NFL Mobile. 

What I haven't seen mentioned in the article or in this thread so far is how streaming via the CBS platform effects your cellular data. NFL Mobile allows streaming without using any data. All you need is an internet connection, be it WiFi or 3G/4G (that's where the cell towers come into play). 

21 hours ago, BuffAlone said:

So, syncing to my laptop wouldn't work? It certainly does when purchasing Directv

So if a truck driver paid for this service, he wouldn't get the game he paid for unless he was in western NY? Sounds unworthy of ANY monies paid then

It's worthy to the NFL, because they are trying to adjust to the growing movement of people cutting the cord. So many people these days just pay for internet, and maybe a few streaming services for their entertainment. It saves money, by not paying for 200 channels at a certain rate, while only watching 10 if them.

1 hour ago, mattynh said:

A VPN makes it legal or makes you a smart at stealing?  If you are seeing content that you normally would have to pay for, it is illegal.

A VPN can make it possible for you to use a legal service, for which you pay for, as if you were using it out of a specific location. 

You are still paying, you are still watching commercials and you are still generating revenue for the league. I just really wish they would stop this ridiculous "stream but only within an arbitrary distance" nonsense.

14 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

A VPN can make it possible for you to use a legal service, for which you pay for, as if you were using it out of a specific location. 

You are still paying, you are still watching commercials and you are still generating revenue for the league. I just really wish they would stop this ridiculous "stream but only within an arbitrary distance" nonsense.

But then they would learn that some of these 'small market' teams aren't such small markets.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Once that contract is done - my guess is they will open up a true fully functioning streaming option along with a TV option to try and double dip and get more money.

I've been thinking that would have happened the last couple of contract but DTV backs up the brinks truck and offers the NFL more money than they can get elsewhere so they sign up again.  DTV know without ST, they'd be out of business quickly as many more will dump them in droves, even so more people are cutting the cord as not worth $100 a month or more, plus the price of ST on top of that and will go to these "grey" area legal options like VPN, Reddit, etc. 

40 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

What I haven't seen mentioned in the article or in this thread so far is how streaming via the CBS platform effects your cellular data. NFL Mobile allows streaming without using any data. All you need is an internet connection, be it WiFi or 3G/4G (that's where the cell towers come into play). 

It's worthy to the NFL, because they are trying to adjust to the growing movement of people cutting the cord. So many people these days just pay for internet, and maybe a few streaming services for their entertainment. It saves money, by not paying for 200 channels at a certain rate, while only watching 10 if them.

Yeah the Verizon deal was a nice perk to customers could stream without using data.  NFL may find very few additional subscribers to this as won't want to pay for data.

If you live in western NY area, can still dump cable DTV, whatever and buy an antenna for over the air and can watch all the Bills games that way.  If out of the area, then this won't help you anyway.

I dumped DTV at the end of last season, bought a TIVO with an antenna.  I'm out of the area, so will be looking for another option for Bills games, probably will use Reddit as that seemed to work well last year.  I planned ot dump DTV at the end of the season so many weeks I'd try Reddit to see how reliable it was and for the most part, was never not able to get he game with pretty good quality.

47 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I've been thinking that would have happened the last couple of contract but DTV backs up the brinks truck and offers the NFL more money than they can get elsewhere so they sign up again.  DTV know without ST, they'd be out of business quickly as many more will dump them in droves, even so more people are cutting the cord as not worth $100 a month or more, plus the price of ST on top of that and will go to these "grey" area legal options like VPN, Reddit, etc. 

That may change after the recent merger of AT&T and Time Warner. Granted DirecTv is now owned by AT&T, but a lot of folks with Time Warner or one of their subsidiaries as a cable provider could see an NFL package added if they win the upcoming bid and work out a deal to provide that. 

The merger was approved by a judge earlier this month, but is now seeing an attempted block by the Trump administration (they claim it could limit programming and drive up consumer costs, which AT&T is denying, but I feel like it's more agenda driven).

On 6/27/2018 at 12:05 PM, KGun12TD said:

UGH! I'm in Florida and this doesn't help me much. I had to suck it up and pay for DirectTV.

Don't you have any BILLS bars in your area?  Bars don't usually want to sign you up for anything, unlike Direct TV.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Don't you have any BILLS bars in your area?  Bars don't usually want to sign you up for anything, unlike Direct TV.

16 weeks of bar bills is more than sunday ticket.   And if you have sunday ticket you can watch a lot of other games you might not otherwise get to see.

19 minutes ago, mattynh said:

16 weeks of bar bills is more than sunday ticket.   And if you have sunday ticket you can watch a lot of other games you might not otherwise get to see.

That depends on your orders.  IF we end up sucking again, I will have another major withdrawal of enthusiasm, and won't care about "other games."