Stream Bills games on CBS All Access

nucci

5 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Ok, to make sure I understand this: They allow streaming, but only if you are in market?

Is it possible to access via computer? Can you VPN to access it?

I really would like to watch games legally, but I am pretty sure I can't do DirecTV in my area and this sounds more than affordable.

Yes you can use VPN/IPTV to watch anything anywhere basically.

2 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Don't you have any BILLS bars in your area?  Bars don't usually want to sign you up for anything, unlike Direct TV.

There is a Bill Backers group about an hour away. I went a few time and met Steve Christie there. Its pretty cool. Although its nice to go, sometimes I just want to stay home and grill and enjoy the game with my family.

10 minutes ago, KGun12TD said:

There is a Bill Backers group about an hour away. I went a few time and met Steve Christie there. Its pretty cool. Although its nice to go, sometimes I just want to stay home and grill and enjoy the game with my family.

Yes, I totally understand that.  If you're home there's no wait for the men's room, and you're always NO1 at the fridge, but for me, we have DirectTV, but I refuse to deal with them.  There are no refunds IF we suck, and having lived in DC, Chicago, Houston & Seattle, the "other" games really don't interest me!

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

That depends on your orders.  IF we end up sucking again, I will have another major withdrawal of enthusiasm, and won't care about "other games."

we made the playoffs last year

8 hours ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

That may change after the recent merger of AT&T and Time Warner. Granted DirecTv is now owned by AT&T, but a lot of folks with Time Warner or one of their subsidiaries as a cable provider could see an NFL package added if they win the upcoming bid and work out a deal to provide that. 

The merger was approved by a judge earlier this month, but is now seeing an attempted block by the Trump administration (they claim it could limit programming and drive up consumer costs, which AT&T is denying, but I feel like it's more agenda driven).

This merger with Time Warner don't believe it's with the part of the business that provides cable and internet access.  This is the part of Time Warner that produces content that then could then be broadcast via AT&T or DTV.  

Time Warner sold their internet access and cable part of the business off a year or 2 ago to Charter which then re-branded it to Spectrum

So no one is "with Time Warner" anymore unless you are a movie producer

If anything the could give more ability for the content to be distributed only via DTV

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, mattynh said:

16 weeks of bar bills is more than sunday ticket.   And if you have sunday ticket you can watch a lot of other games you might not otherwise get to see.

A big bar has all the games on.

If you limit alcohol intake the bar becomes affordable.

9 hours ago, H2o said:

I have a website I stream all my sports on. Bills games, Knicks games, UFC, Boxing, or whatever. No need to shell out any dough for this. :thumbsup:

Use a VPN when streaming and don’t download anything only stream it and never distribute content.  End users are not the targets the gov’t lacks the resources to go after the millions and millions of people doing this—it’s the distributors and the businesses that sell those preloaded set top boxes that they go after (the gov’t needs to prioritize the use of its limited investigative and prosecutorial resources).  

Why do you think Amazon sells so many Fire Sticks?  They know damn well what most people are doing with them or they’d manufacture them with safeguards to stop it.

8 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

This merger with Time Warner don't believe it's with the part of the business that provides cable and internet access.  This is the part of Time Warner that produces content that then could then be broadcast via AT&T or DTV.  

Time Warner sold their internet access and cable part of the business off a year or 2 ago to Charter which then re-branded it to Spectrum

So no one is "with Time Warner" anymore unless you are a movie producer

If anything the could give more ability for the content to be distributed only via DTV

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that was the case. TW still owns TNT, TBS, CNN, etc. if I'm not mistaken, so it will be interesting to see where that deal goes.

10 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Has anyone done Sunday Ticket on Roku?

Yes, worked just fine.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, /dev/null said:

So is this local broadcast only or any game anywhere?

If it's just local broadcasts, Verizon is already offering this (regardless of carrier)

http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/11/media/nfl-verizon/index.html

CBS All Access is geared specifically towards cord cutters. Even with all of the "free" (illegal) content available, there are still many people that already pay for the CBS streaming service, but couldn't watch any of that programming on their mobile devices. It was only available via pc, xbox, roku, chromecast, etc. Streaming live NFL games isn't new to the CBS platform. They've done it for a couple seasons now. The ability to stream on a mobile device is what's new.

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

On 6/28/2018 at 4:36 PM, KGun12TD said:

On 6/28/2018 at 4:51 PM, Marv's Neighbor said:

Yes, I totally understand that.  If you're home there's no wait for the men's room, and you're always NO1 at the fridge, but for me, we have DirectTV, but I refuse to deal with them.  There are no refunds IF we suck, and having lived in DC, Chicago, Houston & Seattle, the "other" games really don't interest me!

17 hours ago, cba fan said:

A big bar has all the games on.

If you limit alcohol intake the bar becomes affordable.

15 hours ago, beerme1 said:

But then being at the bar becomes a weird thing no?

There are people who go to bars who do not drink.  And those who limit how much they drink because they are driving.

I have a Bills bar locally, I am a Bills Backers club president (better check when annual mail comes) but I work long days on Saturdays and due to physical issues cannot handle driving each week.  I'd like a legal streaming option for Bills games but this does not appear to be one. 

On 6/27/2018 at 11:55 AM, Shotgunner said:

Heck of alot cheaper than the Sunday Ticket...

Buf if I read it right you have to be "in market". If you have to be in the Bills market, that also means you could just pick up an antenna and get them for free (minus tye cost of the antenna of course), and that if you subscribe to any type of cable you already get these games.

So in my opinion this is not a competitor of Directv

Digital migration 

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I'd like a legal streaming option for Bills games but this does not appear to be one. 

I did some light research; GPS spoofing isn't illegal (GPS jamming is illegal). If anything, you would be in violation of a user agreement, but that's if you get caught. With the right spoofing app, you shouldn't get caught.

Here's a snippet of the user agreement from the NFL, which includes terms of use for their mobile app, as well as other, non-related online features:

Availability: The availability of the Products may be affected by a variety of factors, including game delays or cancellations, application of the National Football League's broadcast policy (which prohibits broadcast of football games under certain circumstances and in certain areas), technical problems or network delays, program rescheduling, or other reasons. In addition, please note that the content accessible via the Products may vary based on your geographic location and viewing platform. You agree that we are not obligated to provide you with any specific content under this Agreement.

Some other notable info:

You also agree not to: ........

(e) use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of one or more of the Services or any activity being conducted on this Site;

(h) attempt to circumvent, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile, disassemble, decrypt, or otherwise alter or interfere with (or attempt, encourage, or support anyone else's attempt to engage in such activities) any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Services.

So while spoofing them would appear to fall into one of those categories, it doesn't appear to be "illegal" so to speak, but I assume would be considered a violation of their user agreement. Certain violations within the agreement may be punishable by law, but I think it would be something far worse than spoofing, like illegally distributing content, online harassment or "hateful" commentary on one of their platforms, etc. You should read the entire agreement, just so you'll have a better understanding of what I posted, and also to determine if my interpretations of the terms are accurate. I know there's some "gray area" legally when it comes to loosely used terms, like what's in the agreement, so use your own judgement. Here's the link, 5-10 minute read:

http://www.nfl.com/help/terms?template=mobile-light&confirm=true

Like I said earlier in this thread, I was able to watch Bills games last year on NFL Mobile while located in an out of market area, and I'm not in jail, nor was I banned. I also have Sunday Ticket Max, so watching Bills games live via mobile was only necessary when away from home during games. Most of my Sundays consisted of Bills games on the big screen (Game Mix channel during commercials), #2 intriguing game on a 30" next to the big screen via tablet and Chromecast, and #3 intriguing game on my mobile by spoofing my location to the market of that game. 

The CBS All Access platform specifically is geared towards people that cut the cord and already pay for their service. Streaming via mobile is their new feature. They already were streaming CBS broadcast NFL games for the last 2 years, and I assume that some of those cord cutting subscribers were spoofing to watch their favorite teams, and now they can do so on the go. Sorry for the long post...I hope it was helpful.

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

2 hours ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

I did some light research; GPS spoofing isn't illegal (GPS jamming is illegal). If anything, you would be in violation of a user agreement, but that's if you get caught. With the right spoofing app, you shouldn't get caught.

Here's a snippet of the user agreement from the NFL, which includes terms of use for their mobile app, as well as other, non-related online features:

Some other notable info:

So while spoofing them would appear to fall into one of those categories, it doesn't appear to be "illegal" so to speak, but I assume would be considered a violation of their user agreement. Certain violations within the agreement may be punishable by law, but I think it would be something far worse than spoofing, like illegally distributing content, online harassment or "hateful" commentary on one of their platforms, etc. You should read the entire agreement, just so you'll have a better understanding of what I posted, and also to determine if my interpretations of the terms are accurate. I know there's some "gray area" legally when it comes to loosely used terms, like what's in the agreement, so use your own judgement. Here's the link, 5-10 minute read:

http://www.nfl.com/help/terms?template=mobile-light&confirm=true

Like I said earlier in this thread, I was able to watch Bills games last year on NFL Mobile while located in an out of market area, and I'm not in jail, nor was I banned. I also have Sunday Ticket Max, so watching Bills games live via mobile was only necessary when away from home during games. Most of my Sundays consisted of Bills games on the big screen (Game Mix channel during commercials), #2 intriguing game on a 30" next to the big screen via tablet and Chromecast, and #3 intriguing game on my mobile by spoofing my location to the market of that game. 

The CBS All Access platform specifically is geared towards people that cut the cord and already pay for their service. Streaming via mobile is their new feature. They already were streaming CBS broadcast NFL games for the last 2 years, and I assume that some of those cord cutting subscribers were spoofing to watch their favorite teams, and now they can do so on the go. Sorry for the long post...I hope it was helpful.

So if I wanted to watch iton All Access via my computer since I'm out of market, would need to use some IP spoofing app rather than GPS I'd assume??

20 hours ago, beerme1 said:

But then being at the bar becomes a weird thing no?

Not really.

Most bars with best TV setup for sports is more restaurant than bar. You get a table and order food without alcohol. Then when done you can usually stay at table unless they are very busy in which case then just go to the bar and have a drink.

I go with a group of friends and several can not drink alcohol due to health reasons. No one working in the bar cares one bit. The drinkers order plenty anyway if they did care.

Edited by cba fan
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Limeaid said:

There are people who go to bars who do not drink.  And those who limit how much they drink because they are driving.

I have a Bills bar locally, I am a Bills Backers club president (better check when annual mail comes) but I work long days on Saturdays and due to physical issues cannot handle driving each week.  I'd like a legal streaming option for Bills games but this does not appear to be one. 

I went to a Bills Backers bar in Ft. Myers FL to watch a game once when I was down there. It was a good time but also WOW! :w00t: :thumbsup: :lol: :beer: :o