Bills Are 18th Best Fans in America

4 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Patriot fans are #2...seriously!?  I hope Emory University does this so called study again when Brady is gone and they go back to sucking.

Let us hope this comes in September. 

I was thinking 18 was pretty accurate.... on a ranking of all sports that is probably where I think we would land.

In the NFL, my instinct and bias tells me 1st, but honestly anywhere between 5 and 12 probably has a legitimate argument. I'm not sure how an objective analysis comes up with this 18 ranking though. Good thing it is of no consequence.

Packers way too low for brand ranking.  Went to Mikwaukee on Sunday, there we had brunch... They wheeled a 90 something old lady in... She had Packer sneakers on. Enough said.

Now that's brand loyalty.  She can kick any second while choking on the eggs benedict, schnitzel & kraut, or strudel... And she's doing it in her Packer shoes.

GB should be in the top two. Definitely above the Bears.

So I guess you need expensive tickets and PSL's to be a real fan.

I think the Browns fans deserve to be in the top 5 or 10 with all they have had to put up with(relocation and perennial losers) 

BTW there may be richer fan bases than ours but there are not any better more loyal fans anywhere on this planet.

A 17 year drought and still selling out.

I don't think "brand" rankings means the same thing as "best fans" rankings...we all know the Bills' "brand" suffers because of the small market they are in and how they have been a losing franchise.  As far as fans go, we're top 5.

2 hours ago, eball said:

I don't think "brand" rankings means the same thing as "best fans" rankings...we all know the Bills' "brand" suffers because of the small market they are in and how they have been a losing franchise.  As far as fans go, we're top 5.

That makes sense but that's not what the study's author says...

Each year, I do an analysis of NFL fandom.  The analysis is grounded in economic and marketing theory, and uses statistical tools to shed light on the question of which teams have the most loyal or “best” fans.  The key point of differentiation is that this is a truly quantitative analysis.  It’s driven by data, not by emotion....

The fundamental question that guides the analysis is simple – Who has the best fans in the NFL?

https://scholarblogs.emory.edu/esma/2018/06/24/nfl-fan-and-brand-report-2018/

If I were going to measure fandom, I'd look at how rabid and loyal the fan base is.

Professor Lewis looks at very different things:

Fan Equity - how much the fans spend.  This has a lot to do with the wealth of the fans, the number of fans, and the win-loss record.

Social Media Equity - how much the team is talked about on social media.  This favors teams with national followings (e.g. Dallas - America's team) and the number of fans, not necessarily how loyal or rabid they are.

Road Equity - how well the teams sells tickets at away games.  Prof Lewis notes this metric favors teams with high national profiles.  It might also favor teams with affluent fan bases who can afford to travel.

18th?   Does your fan base do this?

1. Routinely endure the elements and temperatures so cold that they’d make a polar bear’s nuts shrivel, often while wearing little to no clothing.

2.  Consume an amount of alcohol that scientists state is incompatible with life before noon, but still manage to get into the correct seat in the upper deck of the stadium like an inebriated homing pigeon before the 1 pm kickoff.

3.  Make pregame bonfires using their own bodies as kindling to demonstrate their team spirit.

4.  Conduct pregame ritualistic sacrifices to curry the football god’s favor by hurling themselves from great heights through folding white tables in a manner so violent and reckless that veteran members of Seal Team Six would cringe and be forced to look away.

18th?  

INCONCEIVABLE!!!

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 2

Bills Mafia crushes all these losers. Which other team has put up with more crap, 4 Super Bowl losses, OJ, 17 year playoff drought, wide right, Music City Miracle, EJ, blizzard games and still packs the stadium. #1 by a mile. WHEN Josh Allen raises the Vince Lombardi Trophy the NFL better be ready. No table will be safe in America.

Edited by Tatonka68
  • Like (+1) 1

The smoldering tire fire that runs the Titans will use this poll in some report supporting their "need" to relocate to a city that is more profitable that loves them.  

I feel bad for the Rams.  No matter where they go or what they do, nobody loves them.  That team went to two Super Bowls in the early 2000s, winning one,  and still relocated.  They show up in Los Angeles and are competitive, with names and talent....and still place #31st.

Surprised the Chiefs score so low.  

Edited by dpberr