Bringing in talent this Offseason

gjv001

i think we will be pleasantly surprised by our oline and hopefully by week 4 of the preseason. i can see dawkins / groy / bodine / miller / newhouse gelling enough to get us a week 1 win.  i can't see why newhouse cannot beat out mills even though he's older. it frustrates me that the rt hasn't been addressed for years now. i believe mills will continue to be a turnstile against speed rushers.

those first 2 games are huge. starting out 0-2 could eventually determine our playoff outcome.

On 6/27/2018 at 5:57 PM, Julio Hopkins said:

Just what the organization needed, another evaluation season.

What do u expect with an incomplete O and the D just about there but missing a few pieces and depth. Beane quoted for sayin it would take 2 full years to clean up the cap as it has been. Now in year 3 and 4 the rest of the rebuild will be completed. Year 3 should be a legit year to compete with a wealth of talent on both O and D. I think if allen makes all necessary steps to be legit no reason why the bills can not challenge for the divisional title. Year 4 more influx of talent via draft and FA plus extending younger talent should result in a title contending year. Year 5 contend. These r highly possible with the key being the success of Allen. I think most importantly with McDermott and Beane the future is BRIGHT!!!!

On 6/27/2018 at 12:43 PM, John from Riverside said:

I base that strictly on how they perform Biscuit.

Ivory - if he does what his skill set says he should be able to do I think we will be pleasantly surprised.   A north south runner (who actually has the ability to run paralel to the line of scrimmage and not fall into quicksand who is a banger and will get you that tough 2 yards on 3rd and 2 and line up in  elephant front on the goal line and do the nasty dirty work to get the touchdown when the defenses is loaded for bear against it.   Also very underrated pass catcher.  Basically he is a vers guy.   If he does his job.....keeps Shady fresh....then we keep Cadet to fill that Kenneth Davis type role I think this all works nicely.   Then his contract value is worth it because the offense will convert 3rd downs and stay on the field while we groom our young QB.

Star - One thing that will never change in football......whoever controls the line of scrimmage wins the game.....Star is not nor will he ever be considered a pass rusher.....what he does do is keep linebacker's clean to make plays and he does it well.....when you force a offense to become one dimensional against OUR team....that is where our secondary can really shine.  Basically he is Marcel D. after Marcel's first year......but with more consistancy......less games missed to injury.....and less off field head aches.

If they both perform the way they are capable of performing......the contracts to me do not matter.   It would only matter if those contracts were keeping us from letting a young up and coming talent leave in free agency or aquiring someone.  Neither of those seem to be the case.

Just my opinion.

Nice post from a fellow Kool aid sipper ! I do appreciate your opinions ^

Star is a  darned  good fit here in Buffalo.

Davis is a stopgap and likely to be solid for us as Bills develop youth.
Same with Ivory. Good solid player coming off a statistically down year, but great fit to round out the RBs group.
 I do like all these pickups. Not splash but seemingly very good fits.

36 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Nice post from a fellow Kool aid sipper ! I do appreciate your opinions ^

Star is a  darned  good fit here in Buffalo.

Davis is a stopgap and likely to be solid for us as Bills develop youth.
Same with Ivory. Good solid player coming off a statistically down year, but great fit to round out the RBs group.
 I do like all these pickups. Not splash but seemingly very good fits.

...think there may be a familiarity/connection" component for Star's contract....they know what they're getting and hopefully he performs at the expected level....maybe the guaranteed portion of Ivory's deal ($3.25 mil) versus Gillie getting $1.5 mil seems a bit high, but Gillie is already rumored to be on Pats chopping block...I like Ivory's compliment to Shady as well as if Cadet and Taiwan Jones return 100% healthy.....maybe the Murphy kid as well.....hopefully that trio yields the next Kenneth Davis type.....