Bills Season Prediction With One Sentence To Describe Each Game

11 hours ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

No way this is a 2-14 or 3-13 team. None. They are much better than that.

Right that is why I have them at 5 games and could easily see them win around 7

19 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Sounds like a great season .. 2-11 and they get a few wins in garbage time at the end of the year...

I think they will be better than that.

Their defense is going to keep them in a lot of games...

I'm sure it will, so that we lose many close games by only a few points.

That's pretty much how most NFL games go these days. 

On 6/26/2018 at 10:27 AM, corta765 said:

I like to go playoffpredictors.com and predict the season. It's fun for me to do to see what I change from week to week and the league itself has changes like Jameis Winstons suspension. Anyway here is my Bills prediction with one sentence describing each game:

Week 1 at Baltimore: Loss 19-13. Defense plays like many think but the offense led by Peterman stalls at the end costing the team.

Week 2 LA Chargers: Loss 24-21. Good game but the Chargers pull out the win late to send Buffalo to 0-2.

Week 3 at Minnesota: Loss 31-13. Defense does it's best until the offense turns the ball over early in the 4th to make this a wash.

Week 4 at Green Bay: Loss 27-17. Close game until the mid 4th quarter where a Peterman pick 6 puts the Packers up by 10 pts while the defense holds the Packers to just 20.

Week 5 Tennessee: Win 24-14. Bills defense harasses Mariota all day while the offense does enough to get Buffalo's first win at and the team moves to 1-4.

Week 6 at Houston: Loss 28-10. Houston throttles the Bills offense into many turnovers and the defense can only stop the bleeding at 28 pts.

Week 7 at Indianapolis: Loss 20-13. If this game was in Buffalo the Bills win, but the Colts led by a rejuvenated Andrew Luck do enough to squeak by Buffalo.

Week 8 New England: Loss 24-13. Buffalo actually has the lead going into the 2nd half 13-10 and the defense keeps the Patriots to 17-13 until a late 4th quarter drive turnover allows the Patriots to seal the game.

Week 9 Chicago: Win 21-17. Buffalo's defense tortures Trubisky into multiple turnovers and the Bills offense manages enough points so the Bills can get their second win to move to 2-7.

Week 10 New York Jets: Loss 17-9. The game is an absolute snoozefest between two good defenses and two awful offenses with the Jets having a little more luck scoring points.

Bye Week- At the bye the Bills are 2-8 with a defense that is close to great and offense not doing nearly enough with Peterman playing pedestrian at best. McD decides to let Allen start after the bye against Jacksonville.

Week 12 Jacksonville: Loss 23-21. Allen has a solid start against a very good Jags defense that isn't sure what to expect, but Allen can't lead the offense to a win on the final drive.

Week 13 Miami: Loss 23-10. Allen gets his first real taste of reality in the NFL on the road against a rebounding Miami team that has its way with the Bills throughout

Week 14 New York Jets: Win 23-20. Allen gets his first win in the battle between the rookies and throws for over 300 yards leaving Bills fans drooling over a glimpse to his possible future.

Week 15 Detroit: Win 28-20. The offense now showing signs of life has their most complete game and the defense does its job in the best win of the season against a shaky Lions team.

Week 16 New England: Loss 31-17. Bills stay in it until the 4th quarter where Allen turns the ball over and Brady seals the game.

Week 17 Miami: Win 21-14. The Bills beat Miami in a cold season finale with the defense locking things down and Allen having a solid performance capping a decent rookie start for him.

Overall 5-11 with Bills having a hard start but finishing winning 3 of 5 and Allen showing a lot of potential and getting praise/hype going into 2019 the way Garrapollo did.

tldr_longcat.jpg

8 hours ago, corta765 said:

Right that is why I have them at 5 games and could easily see them win around 7

I think it's crazy to have them under .500. Especially since they made the postseason. They will be neck & neck for the division lead with NE in late December.

Week 1 @Ravens        Loss, 0-1    Quaff, oh quaff this kind nepenthe and forget this lost season opener
Week 2 Chargers        Win, 1-1    Cry me a River Phillip
Week 3 @Vikings        Loss 1-2    Lets all pretend the Bills had a shot at signing Cousins
Week 4 @Packers        Loss 1-3    Aw Fudge, Packers went deep!
Week 5 Titans        Win, 2-3    Another Mularkey jilted Ex
Week 6 @Texans        Loss, 2-4    Remind me, why didn't the Bills draft Watson?
Week 7 @Colts        Win, 3-4    Luck is not in the air
Week 8 Patriots        Loss, 3-5    Keep dreaming
Week 9 Bears        Win, 4-5    The FOX fifth stringers are among the few in America to watch this game
Week 10 @Jets        Win, 5-5    I nodded off just thinking about this game
Week 12 Jaguars        Loss, 5-6    Bills make Blake Bortles look somewhat competent
Week 13 @Dolphins    Win, 6-6    If you thought Trubisky looked bad, get a load of Tallywhacker
Week 14 Jets        Win, 7-6    Sorry, I must have dozed off again
Week 15 Lions        Win, 8-6    The 2018 Bills guarantee a minimum of mediocrity.
Week 16 @Patriots    Loss, 8-7    Yeah, right
Week 17 Dolphins    Win, 9-7    Back to back winning seasons but not back to back playoff berths

Week 1 at Baltimore: Loss 20 - 10.  First game together with the new QB, expect some errors and no real chance to win.

Week 2 LA Chargers: Win 21 - 16.  West coast team coming East gives the Bills a slight advantage which they capitalize on.

Week 3 at Minnesota: Loss 24 - 7.  Won't be close.

Week 4 at Green Bay: Loss 35 -17. Aaron Rodgers has knocked all the rust off and has his first great game of 2018

Week 5 Tennessee: Win 20-14.  It's good to be home. 

Week 6 at Houston: Win 17-10.  The injury bug strikes again.  Houston has a problem.

Week 7 at Indianapolis: Win 30 - 10.  Bills Defense shines, Luck gets sacked and experiences pain.   Doesn't play again for 4 weeks.

Week 8 New England: Win 24 - 7.  Infighting finally ends the dynasty.  

Week 9 Chicago: Win 14-10.   Bills survive the adrenaline rush of beating the Patriots in the worst Bills game of 2018.

Week 10 New York Jets: Win 14 - 10. McDermott has his team motivated after the brutal win the week before.

Bye Week- At the bye the Bills are 7-3 Bills fans everywhere start saving their pennies for a playoff run.

Week 12 Jacksonville: Loss 28 - 7. Bills come out flat after the bye week.

Week 13 Miami: Loss  24 - 20.  It's okay, we're 7-5 the playoffs are ours.  Players party in Miami, Zay Jones gets arrested. 

Week 14 New York Jets: Win 20- 10.  Jets turn out to be mediocre.  Bills sweep them and move to 8-5

Week 15 Detroit: Loss 17-14 we lose a heart breaker and drop to 8-6

Week 16 New England: Win 31-10.  Belichick announces his retirement as the Patriots have their worst season since 2000.  Bills 9-6

Week 17 Miami:  Win 20-17  The Bills go 5-1 in the AFCE as the Patriots dynasty collapses, the Jets don't click, and the Dolphins aren't quite good enough.  10-6

Edited by driddles

On 6/27/2018 at 12:41 PM, corta765 said:

You also underrating that Taylor was a competent enough QB to drive the train correctly. Peterman and AJ are far bigger wildcards by comparison.

And who does the offense have? An aging McCoy with Benjamin who has injury issues and Clay the same. After that you have a spaced out Zay who just had knee surgery and Kerley who may be OK. Thats it. Then a ton of unknowns which every football fan thinks is the next star when 99% of the time they might make it as a 4th stringer. And the offensive line is a huge question mark afters year of stability losing two pro bowl starters with Wood and Incognito. How is that not a nosedive, they just let two of their better receivers go with Deonte Thompson who may have been their best and Matthews who is better when healthy then everyone minus Benjamin.

bolded - lol...i believe we were 31st in passing yds. last year,  i think something like 14 yds. ahead off the no.32 bears. there's no where to go but up.

you can blame dennison....our receiving corp or the planets, but tt was anything but competent and couldn't drive the train let alone correctly.....maybe that's why he is gone.

not competing for the starting spot....not being the place holder for the rookie...gone.

On 6/26/2018 at 8:47 PM, RevWarRifleman said:

Too early to make such a prediction. Forget about it.

I'm with Rev.  People were predicting 2-4 wins last year, instead we get to the playoffs.  People are discounting the Bills because we have too many unknowns, but that's the problem.  We don't know how good or bad different position groups will be.  The defense has more talent than last year, but the entire offense is a question mark.  However, depending on your opinion of TT, JA, and a healthy KB, you could make the argument that the offense should be better than it was last year.  Hell, last year we looked absolutely horrible on offense all through the preseason and into the season, but we did get somewhat better, and we got wins.  People are saying we play tough divisions with the NFC North and AFC South, but you could say the same thing last year with the AFC West and NFC South.  

The Bills this coming year honestly seem like one of the most difficult teams to predict.  I don't think I'd be surprised to see a 4 win season, but I also don't think I'd be that surprised to watch another Bills playoff game.

• Like (+1) 1

Interesting read.  I have done one of these each of the last 2 years and my record for getting pretty close is reasonably good. I will wait until after we have seen a bit of pre-season ball at least though.  I just find this team really, really difficult to get a feel for right now.  On the offense I have pencilled in Shady, Dawkins, Benjamin and Clay as starters.  That means I have 7 question marks.... until things start to shake out and some of the camp battles are won it is hard for me to speculate too much.