Bills Season Prediction With One Sentence To Describe Each Game

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

We can rely on you continuing to talk about him though....

Guy has no shame. He has consistently tried to insert the old qb into numerous discussions that have nothing to do with him. Pathetic really. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

36 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I’ve said one thing all week.   

You don’t believe me?  Check my history.   

I haven’t been around much but every post is pretty much the same. The OP asked for 1 sentence to describe each game and your response was about a guy that’s not on the team. I’m not sure that he will have much, if any, impact on the result of Bills games. There are threads out there to talk about Tyrod if you can’t move on. Otherwise this is a topic for the 2018 Bills, stick to the topic ?

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I’ve said one thing all week.   

You don’t believe me?  Check my history.   

He does have a point. Man, you must have hated TT. 

Also, Josh Allen will reign hell on the NFL. 

Edited by Paulus

i can respect your post.  Although, AJ will be the starter and I don't think our defense will give up that many points to anyone this season.  If our defense can live up to its potential, I think we'll allow 13-17 points per game.  it'll be our offense that needs to shine and close out games this year.  Our schedule looks tough, but every game is winnable, including against the Patriots.

• Like (+1) 1

10+ wins, better to end the year, a bit of a rough start.

allen starts sooner than later (possibly week one), D is a monster, strong run game, passing is limited by WR talent.

we go to the playoffs and do damage like jacksonville did last year, then we buy a bunch of talent in the next offseason and then the bills roam around the nfl like the roman legion smashing fools and staring stone faced into a future of glory.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

i can respect your post.  Although, AJ will be the starter and I don't think our defense will give up that many points to anyone this season.  If our defense can live up to its potential, I think we'll allow 13-17 points per game.  it'll be our offense that needs to shine and close out games this year.  Our schedule looks tough, but every game is winnable, including against the Patriots.

My thing with the D especially in the first half is they can play well only allow 20-21 points but a turnover by the offense where it puts the D at our own 10 with 8 to go and they've been on the field for 35 minutes is not an appetizing situation. I actually think by the end of the season they will be close to dominant and setup for a nice run long term just will take time.

And I can respect anyone who thinks the team will be better. I thought last year they were a 5 -6 win team and the schedule was rough and they proved me wrong and it was blast to follow as a fan. Just based off where we are right now I am not bullish.

5 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

So "The Tank" that was supposed to be last year, is actually this year?  Got it.

How is this a Tank? The Bills currently have one of the worst WR corps, no true answer at QB, and O line questions that have no answer. They benefited like crazy off turnovers in one score games which easily could've went the other way and would've been 7-9 or worse. This is a rebuilding year by the very definition where hopefully the defense progresses into a Top 10 unit and if Allen starts he shows the promise you want to see long term.

Could they surprise and be better? Of course. But statistically they should see a regression in turnover luck, they are playing a schedule that is tougher then last years by a lot, and the offense is a massive question mark which outside of McCoy should instill zero confidence in it producing more. I look at this season as the way the Vikings did in 2014 with their team. The talent was their on D and they took their time to break in their rookie which the Bills should do. It setup a superb 2015 year for them and more long term which is far more valuable.

5 minutes ago, corta765 said:

How is this a Tank? The Bills currently have one of the worst WR corps, no true answer at QB, and O line questions that have no answer. They benefited like crazy off turnovers in one score games which easily could've went the other way and would've been 7-9 or worse. This is a rebuilding year by the very definition where hopefully the defense progresses into a Top 10 unit and if Allen starts he shows the promise you want to see long term.

Could they surprise and be better? Of course. But statistically they should see a regression in turnover luck, they are playing a schedule that is tougher then last years by a lot, and the offense is a massive question mark which outside of McCoy should instill zero confidence in it producing more. I look at this season as the way the Vikings did in 2014 with their team. The talent was their on D and they took their time to break in their rookie which the Bills should do. It setup a superb 2015 year for them and more long term which is far more valuable.

I have a VERY hard time believing if the defense turns into a top 10 unit that they are gonna go 5-11 like you guess in the OP. theres enough pieces on offense and lets not forget dennison is now gone. I personally believe daboll will be better than him by default... if(BIG IF) the defense morphs to top 10 like you hope in the above post i'm expecting a playoff push.

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I have a VERY hard time believing if the defense turns into a top 10 unit that they are gonna go 5-11 like you guess in the OP. theres enough pieces on offense and lets not forget dennison is now gone. I personally believe daboll will be better than him by default... if(BIG IF) the defense morphs to top 10 like you hope in the above post i'm expecting a playoff push.

Denver was 5-11 last year with a defense that was 3rd in total yards allowed, Chicago 5-11 was 10th, even Cleveland 0-16 was 14th. Jacksonville in 2016 was 6th overall in total yards and went 3-13. Just because you have a defense that rates well it does not guarantee wins if the offense can't put up points or stay on the field. The Bills offense at best has massive question marks and realistically is bottom 5 in the league as currently set. I could care less about what Daboll can do because at a certain point you need players to execute your scheme otherwise its just great idea's.

If you want to doubt the defense that's fine but saying they should be in the top half near Top 10 like I have said for months now doesn't seem like a leap given their secondary and additions on the front 7.

9 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Denver was 5-11 last year with a defense that was 3rd in total yards allowed, Chicago 5-11 was 10th, even Cleveland 0-16 was 14th. Jacksonville in 2016 was 6th overall in total yards and went 3-13. Just because you have a defense that rates well it does not guarantee wins if the offense can't put up points or stay on the field. The Bills offense at best has massive question marks and realistically is bottom 5 in the league as currently set. I could care less about what Daboll can do because at a certain point you need players to execute your scheme otherwise its just great idea's.

If you want to doubt the defense that's fine but saying they should be in the top half near Top 10 like I have said for months now doesn't seem like a leap given their secondary and additions on the front 7.

I think the offense will hold serve. therefore if the defense moves into the top 10 I see a playoff push..... and where did I say I doubt the defense. I said its a big "if". and it is. they have to improve quite a bit to get there. that doesn't mean I don't think they improve. don't be so defensive.

you apparently think the offense is in for some sort of nosedive. I don't think that's the case at all. its not like they were very good last year. and you totally underrate how bad dennison was and how much a difference it can make if you have an OC working on emphasizing his players strengths. 

it wont surprise me one bit if the team goes 5-11 next year. also wouldn't surprise me if they went 9-7 or 10-6.... it would, however, surprise me if they had a top 10 d and went 5-11.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I think the offense will hold serve. therefore if the defense moves into the top 10 I see a playoff push..... and where did I say I doubt the defense. I said its a big "if". and it is. they have to improve quite a bit to get there. that doesn't mean I don't think they improve. don't be so defensive.

you apparently think the offense is in for some sort of nosedive. I don't think that's the case at all. its not like they were very good last year. and you totally underrate how bad dennison was and how much a difference it can make if you have an OC working on emphasizing his players strengths. 

it wont surprise me one bit if the team goes 5-11 next year. also wouldn't surprise me if they went 9-7 or 10-6.... it would, however, surprise me if they had a top 10 d and went 5-11.

You also underrating that Taylor was a competent enough QB to drive the train correctly. Peterman and AJ are far bigger wildcards by comparison.

And who does the offense have? An aging McCoy with Benjamin who has injury issues and Clay the same. After that you have a spaced out Zay who just had knee surgery and Kerley who may be OK. Thats it. Then a ton of unknowns which every football fan thinks is the next star when 99% of the time they might make it as a 4th stringer. And the offensive line is a huge question mark afters year of stability losing two pro bowl starters with Wood and Incognito. How is that not a nosedive, they just let two of their better receivers go with Deonte Thompson who may have been their best and Matthews who is better when healthy then everyone minus Benjamin.

Edited by corta765

5 minutes ago, corta765 said:

You also underrating that Taylor was a competent enough QB to drive the train correctly. Peterman and AJ are far bigger wildcards by comparison.

oh dude. I've gone to bat for the former qb over and over and over again on here. so i'm not gonna bother there... an offense with an OC(daboll) knowing his players and playing to their strengths might just be a better one than one that had a better player but an OC that force fed him trash all year. in fact it wouldn't surprise me if the offense scored more points this year and I still think the old qb is a better one than either of the veterans we have now.

I guess this is just all based off the fact you think the offense is gonna be horrendous. I disagree. I actually think there may be aspects that get better. IMO if the bills have a top 10 and aren't in the hunt i'll be extremely disappointed with how daboll and the offense earned their paychecks. if last year showed me anything its to not bet against beane and McDermott, even if it looks like things aren't headed how we like. I think we all remember last august when the "tank" was on.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

In honor of The Senator...

Week 1 at Baltimore: We outplay them and win.

Week 2 LA Chargers: We outplay them and win.

Week 3 at Minnesota: We outplay them and win.

Week 4 at Green Bay: We outplay them and win.

Week 5 Tennessee: We outplay them and win.

Week 6 at Houston: We outplay them and win.

Week 7 at Indianapolis: We outplay them and win.

Week 8 New England: We outplay them and win.

Week 9 Chicago: We outplay them and win.

Week 10 New York Jets: We outplay them and win.

Week 12 Jacksonville: We outplay them and win.

Week 13 Miami: We outplay them and win.

Week 14 New York Jets: We outplay them and win.

Week 15 Detroit: We outplay them and win.

Week 16 New England: We outplay them and win.

Week 17 Miami: We outplay them and win.

16-0!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

In honor of The Senator...

Week 1 at Baltimore: We outplay them and win.

Week 2 LA Chargers: We outplay them and win.

Week 3 at Minnesota: We outplay them and win.

Week 4 at Green Bay: We outplay them and win.

Week 5 Tennessee: We outplay them and win.

Week 6 at Houston: We outplay them and win.

Week 7 at Indianapolis: We outplay them and win.

Week 8 New England: We outplay them and win.

Week 9 Chicago: We outplay them and win.

Week 10 New York Jets: We outplay them and win.

Week 12 Jacksonville: We outplay them and win.

Week 13 Miami: We outplay them and win.

Week 14 New York Jets: We outplay them and win.

Week 15 Detroit: We outplay them and win.

Week 16 New England: We outplay them and win.

Week 17 Miami: We outplay them and win.

16-0!!!

....bay-beeeeeee!

On 6/26/2018 at 7:27 AM, corta765 said:

I dont like to predict scores but here is my stab

Week 1 at Baltimore: Win Bills beat a declining QB contiversied team with solid defense and AJM or Josh Allen behind Center

Week 2 LA Chargers: Loss.  The Chargers defense proves too much in this one

Week 3 at Minnesota: Loss Minnesota just a little too good in this one and further along in its progression.

Week 4 at Green Bay: Win Bills defense starting to gel......we always seem to play Green Bay tough

Week 5 Tennessee: Win Tenn is not a good team.   The bills however are hungry after last year's playoff birth

Week 6 at Houston: Loss  After a year of NFL tape evaluation the 2nd year Houston QB is not looking as sharp but is good enough in this one.

Week 7 at Indianapolis: Win Even thinking that Luck is going to be healthy is folly...behind him they have nothing.....and we beat them with him anyway.

Week 8 New England: Loss.  Until we can prove we can actually beat them.

Week 9 Chicago: Win Chicago is not a good team.

Week 10 New York Jets: Win Except for NE I expect us to be dominant in our own division.

Bye Week- At the bye the Bills are 6-4 and AJM has played well enough to keep the rook on the bench for now.   McD decides to let Josh Allen continue to work on his mechanics and hold the clipboard for the year and ride his hot hand in AJM who ppl realize is not that bad of an option just not a franchise QB.  Also at this point of the season the new guys on the OL are starting to gel a bit and the offense is looking better every week.

Week 12 Jacksonville: Win The bills hung tough with the jags in the playoffs last year but could not generate points......they will in this game and our D will be stout.

Week 13 Miami: Loss.  The bills lose a game they should have won for some reason or another.

Week 14 New York Jets: Win The bills are dominant in their own div this year.

Week 15 Detroit: Win.   The lions are not a good team.

Week 16 New England: Loss.  Until we prove we can beat them. 

Week 17 Miami: Win.   The bills feeling good trounce a team they should not have dropped a game to earlier in the season.

10-6.   One game improvement over the year before......and this time they dont have to TV watch to see who wins and loses in the final week of the regular season.   Might be a wild card......and this year we win ONE game in the playoffs.