Bills Season Prediction With One Sentence To Describe Each Game

I like to go playoffpredictors.com and predict the season. It's fun for me to do to see what I change from week to week and the league itself has changes like Jameis Winstons suspension. Anyway here is my Bills prediction with one sentence describing each game:

Week 1 at Baltimore: Loss 19-13. Defense plays like many think but the offense led by Peterman stalls at the end costing the team.

Week 2 LA Chargers: Loss 24-21. Good game but the Chargers pull out the win late to send Buffalo to 0-2.

Week 3 at Minnesota: Loss 31-13. Defense does it's best until the offense turns the ball over early in the 4th to make this a wash.

Week 4 at Green Bay: Loss 27-17. Close game until the mid 4th quarter where a Peterman pick 6 puts the Packers up by 10 pts while the defense holds the Packers to just 20.

Week 5 Tennessee: Win 24-14. Bills defense harasses Mariota all day while the offense does enough to get Buffalo's first win at and the team moves to 1-4.

Week 6 at Houston: Loss 28-10. Houston throttles the Bills offense into many turnovers and the defense can only stop the bleeding at 28 pts.

Week 7 at Indianapolis: Loss 20-13. If this game was in Buffalo the Bills win, but the Colts led by a rejuvenated Andrew Luck do enough to squeak by Buffalo.

Week 8 New England: Loss 24-13. Buffalo actually has the lead going into the 2nd half 13-10 and the defense keeps the Patriots to 17-13 until a late 4th quarter drive turnover allows the Patriots to seal the game.

Week 9 Chicago: Win 21-17. Buffalo's defense tortures Trubisky into multiple turnovers and the Bills offense manages enough points so the Bills can get their second win to move to 2-7.

Week 10 New York Jets: Loss 17-9. The game is an absolute snoozefest between two good defenses and two awful offenses with the Jets having a little more luck scoring points.

Bye Week- At the bye the Bills are 2-8 with a defense that is close to great and offense not doing nearly enough with Peterman playing pedestrian at best. McD decides to let Allen start after the bye against Jacksonville.

Week 12 Jacksonville: Loss 23-21. Allen has a solid start against a very good Jags defense that isn't sure what to expect, but Allen can't lead the offense to a win on the final drive.

Week 13 Miami: Loss 23-10. Allen gets his first real taste of reality in the NFL on the road against a rebounding Miami team that has its way with the Bills throughout

Week 14 New York Jets: Win 23-20. Allen gets his first win in the battle between the rookies and throws for over 300 yards leaving Bills fans drooling over a glimpse to his possible future.

Week 15 Detroit: Win 28-20. The offense now showing signs of life has their most complete game and the defense does its job in the best win of the season against a shaky Lions team.

Week 16 New England: Loss 31-17. Bills stay in it until the 4th quarter where Allen turns the ball over and Brady seals the game.

Week 17 Miami: Win 21-14. The Bills beat Miami in a cold season finale with the defense locking things down and Allen having a solid performance capping a decent rookie start for him.

Overall 5-11 with Bills having a hard start but finishing winning 3 of 5 and Allen showing a lot of potential and getting praise/hype going into 2019 the way Garrapollo did.

Edited by corta765
  • Like (+1) 4

Appreciate the quick format and read to justify your 5-11 prediction.   I tend to do prediction by what conferences we play (AFC South and NFC North) and that we also draw 2nd place AFC teams (SD and BAL).    We went 3-3 in our own division last year and I don't see us getting better as NYJ have new QB and MIA get their QB back.  

How I see us doing by conference:

AFCE 3-3 

NFCN 2-2 

AFCS 2-2

SD/BAL 0-2

Overall 7-9  And I do see Allen starting after the bye as well

3 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Appreciate the quick format and read to justify your 5-11 prediction.   I tend to do prediction by what conferences we play (AFC South and NFC North) and that we also draw 2nd place AFC teams (SD and BAL).    We went 3-3 in our own division last year and I don't see us getting better as NYJ have new QB and MIA get their QB back.  

AFCE 3-3 

NFCN 2-2 

AFCS 2-2

SD/BAL 0-2

I can see that.

1 minute ago, freddyjj said:

AFCE 3-3 

NFCN 2-2 

AFCS 2-2

SD/BAL 0-2

Yea I have wavered between 5,6,7 wins at this point. Division wise I don't see us sweeping either MIA and NYJ for reasons you said. The Jets have really added to their defense and Miami should be better culture wise which should help. The SD/BAL/GB/MIN start is a killer and they have to find a way to be at least 1-3 if they think they can be a playoff team.

5-11 seems pretty reasonable to me.

My only difference is the Titans beat us and we beat the Colts, I think Andrew Luck wont be anything near what he was, they have a terrible roster and a potentially crippled QB. If you make those two changes to your predictions we start 0-8, the pressure to start J Allen if he already inst will be enormous.

8 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

5-11 seems pretty reasonable to me.

My only difference is the Titans beat us and we beat the Colts, I think Andrew Luck wont be anything near what he was, they have a terrible roster and a potentially crippled QB. If you make those two changes to your predictions we start 0-8, the pressure to start J Allen if he already inst will be enormous.

I could see that although I am not nearly as high on the Titans as some and I believe Luck will be back like he was and even if the roster sucks he can elevate them pretty far.

4 hours ago, corta765 said:

I like to go playoffpredictors.com and predict the season. It's fun for me to do to see what I change from week to week and the league itself has changes like Jameis Winstons suspension. Anyway here is my Bills prediction with one sentence describing each game:

Week 1 at Baltimore: Loss 19-13. Defense plays like many think but the offense led by Peterman stalls at the end costing the team.

Week 2 LA Chargers: Loss 24-21. Good game but the Chargers pull out the win late to send Buffalo to 0-2.

Week 3 at Minnesota: Loss 31-13. Defense does it's best until the offense turns the ball over early in the 4th to make this a wash.

Week 4 at Green Bay: Loss 27-17. Close game until the mid 4th quarter where a Peterman pick 6 puts the Packers up by 10 pts while the defense holds the Packers to just 20.

Week 5 Tennessee: Win 24-14. Bills defense harasses Mariota all day while the offense does enough to get Buffalo's first win at and the team moves to 1-4.

Week 6 at Houston: Loss 28-10. Houston throttles the Bills offense into many turnovers and the defense can only stop the bleeding at 28 pts.

Week 7 at Indianapolis: Loss 20-13. If this game was in Buffalo the Bills win, but the Colts led by a rejuvenated Andrew Luck do enough to squeak by Buffalo.

Week 8 New England: Loss 24-13. Buffalo actually has the lead going into the 2nd half 13-10 and the defense keeps the Patriots to 17-13 until a late 4th quarter drive turnover allows the Patriots to seal the game.

Week 9 Chicago: Win 21-17. Buffalo's defense tortures Trubisky into multiple turnovers and the Bills offense manages enough points so the Bills can get their second win to move to 2-7.

Week 10 New York Jets: Loss 17-9. The game is an absolute snoozefest between two good defenses and two awful offenses with the Jets having a little more luck scoring points.

Bye Week- At the bye the Bills are 2-8 with a defense that is close to great and offense not doing nearly enough with Peterman playing pedestrian at best. McD decides to let Allen start after the bye against Jacksonville.

Week 12 Jacksonville: Loss 23-21. Allen has a solid start against a very good Jags defense that isn't sure what to expect, but Allen can't lead the offense to a win on the final drive.

Week 13 Miami: Loss 23-10. Allen gets his first real taste of reality in the NFL on the road against a rebounding Miami team that has its way with the Bills throughout

Week 14 New York Jets: Win 23-20. Allen gets his first win in the battle between the rookies and throws for over 300 yards leaving Bills fans drooling over a glimpse to his possible future.

Week 15 Detroit: Win 28-20. The offense now showing signs of life has their most complete game and the defense does its job in the best win of the season against a shaky Lions team.

Week 16 New England: Loss 31-17. Bills stay in it until the 4th quarter where Allen turns the ball over and Brady seals the game.

Week 17 Miami: Win 21-14. The Bills beat Miami in a cold season finale with the defense locking things down and Allen having a solid performance capping a decent rookie start for him.

Overall 5-11 with Bills having a hard start but finishing winning 3 of 5 and Allen showing a lot of potential and getting praise/hype going into 2019 the way Garrapollo did.

All of those words for 5 measley wins?

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Oh crap! My plan was for a Road Trip to Minnesota this year. Thanks for ruining the ending for me! Guess I’ll just have to visit a bunch of the 10,000 lakes instead. Sheeesh!

I'm already going with flights, hotel and tickets booked. I really wish the OP had posted 2 weeks ago. Would have saved me a lot of money and time. I guess I'll just do a tour of Princes house....

Edited by MiltonWaddams

10 hours ago, corta765 said:

Looks like the common denominator is Peterman and picks. I'm guessing you ain't a Nate fan. Well this thread ought to be fun.  Edit... sorry I quoted the whole post.,.....or any of it ...

Edited by billsredneck1