Jerry rice possible return to NFL?

Maybe we can sign Jeff George to throw to him

20 minutes ago, dpberr said:

You can feel the breeze generated by neurologists nationwide shaking their head left to right in unison.

Sure he can run fast - but for every 15 years after the age of 24, cognitive speed drops by 15%.

Memory, reasoning, information processing speed and accuracy at his age is a shadow of what it was when he was playing in the 80s, probably even since he last played in 2004.  

Add those deficiences on top of getting your bell rung from a good hit and it's likely he'd be back in the huddle not knowing why he's there.  

he would get severely injured just taking a hit out there

14 hours ago, ThunderGun said:

IF he could still get separation (big if), why not?  Vet minimum, sell tickets, pretty good at catching the ball... Would at least make for a fun side story at training camp.

Obviously won't happen, but with the way these rules continue to be implemented for player safety + the current state of the receiving corp, I would definitely give Rice or T.O a shot. They probably feel that they have kept themselves in amazing shape, and the game is so soft now, wtf not?

The fact that you went through this process in your mind is concerning. 

22 hours ago, Jeetz1231 said:

Could teach the young guys about preparation and what it takes to be an all time great. and honestly he would probably compete for our #1.

Or he could teach the young guys to start saving for retirement early , so maybe they won’t have to try and make a comeback a decade later !!!

23 hours ago, Jeetz1231 said:

Could teach the young guys about preparation and what it takes to be an all time great. and honestly he would probably compete for our #1.

Doesn't matter how good he is. His body won't HEAL like it used to, which means he'd be done after a game or two at most. There is no way he could shake off the brutality he would have to put his body through at age 55 or whatever he is.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Doesn't matter how good he is. His body won't HEAL like it used to, which means he'd be done after a game or two at most. There is no way he could shake off the brutality he would have to put his body through at age 55 or whatever he is.

I was joking more about the second part, I think he would do incredibly well as a WR coach, no way he could actually play at the NFL level anymore.

1 hour ago, Pbomb said:

Lets get jerry rice and TO  on  our team this year, come on beane quit slacking

There's somebody out there with RB experience, might be able to function as a coach.  Successful in his day, has Rich Stadium experience. Come to think of it, I haven't seen him on the golf courses lately...