Buffalo 66 is twenty years old this week

I liked "Buffalo 66."

Christina Ricci has said that she was messed up during the filming of that movie, and that was a rough period of her life. I've met her--she was in the Amazon TV series "Z" about Zelda and F. Scott Fitzgerald, based on a novel by my wife Therese Anne Fowler, so we got to visit the filming several times and met her on the set and elsewhere.  Ricci struck me as a very intelligent woman who was pretty wild in her youth but has gained some hard-won wisdom. She seemed like a very nice person. 

Here's an article in which she talks about working with Gallo: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/27/christina-ricci-vincent-gallo-buffalo-66_n_6957472.html 

• Thank you (+1) 2

On 6/24/2018 at 1:15 PM, Domdab99 said:

I worked with Gallo on a project in the mid 90s. He's not trying hard to get the weird vibe, he really is that weird. Oddest person I've ever met. I liked Buffalo 66, tho. And if you've never seen his great performance in Arizona Dreams, seek it out. He plays a wannabe actor who performs a scene from North By Northwest - the crop dusting scene. So he's playing Cary Grant running from the bi-plane - on stage. With no dialog. It's freakin' hilarious. 

I read he’s like really difficult to work with.  Did you find that true?

2 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I read he’s like really difficult to work with.  Did you find that true?

He wasn't difficult...just particular. He had his method and he stuck to it. But most actors have a "thing," you know? And he was pretty quiet and unassuming around set. Kept to himself. 

On 6/24/2018 at 11:11 AM, Another Fan said:

Well I think Tuesday is the day it was initially released in select theaters twenty years ago.  I had just started high school and heard somewhere somebody made a movie about wanting to kill Scott Norwood.  I thought that on its own was quite amusing at the time and made me interested in checking it out.

It's a movie though I liked more as I got older.  Watch it every couple of years or so.  The Buffalo filming locations as well as the Yes soundtrack are some things that make it memorable and some funny moments (the calls to Goon).

I remember posting a thread here to see if people liked the movie and I think it was mixed.  Regardless, the movie being twenty years old is making me realize how fast time goes by!

Thank you for this post.  I loved the movie but over time forgot about it!!!!  I'll watch it again!

On 6/24/2018 at 11:39 PM, brianthomas said:

I have a personal story to tell about an incident that occurred during the filming of this flick.

I used to work at a restaurant on Elmwood Ave that for the life of me i cant recall the name because its been so long. But there was a fire there years ago & it shut down.

It was on the corner of Elmwood & Breckenridge where Cecilia's is now. It was a higher end place, but still moderately priced, great food tho... man old age sucks because its killing me i cant recall the name haha.

Anyways one night Christina Ricci & Angelica Huston were dining there. During filming a bunch of people working on the movie would come thru out the week.

Long story short, they had been drinking lots of alcohol the whole night. A waiter walks up to their table to check on them & he heard the sound of water spilling. He mentions it to the table, trying to figure out what was going on. Right then Christina shuffles her chair back from the table, looks down to reveal her dress & says: "im Christina Ricci & I dont have to use a bathroom if i dont want to." Yes thats right, she urinated on the floor in the middle of the dining room.  The waiter told the manager & obviously all the wait staff were taken back by it, but decided not to make a big scene out of it because she was only 18 years old at the time, and didn't want to get in trouble for serving her.

The mess was cleaned up & the actresses & crew got up to leave.

While they were leaving, Angelic Huston took this large glass ashtray off the table, put it in her purse where everyone could see what she was doing & loudly proclaimed that this $15 ashtray was the best thing about Buffalo. On top of all of this, they only left a $5 tip to the waiter on a bill that was at least $300 due to all the alcohol they bought.

I swear to God & everything Bills related that the above story is 100% true.  Crazy story tho, one i've never forgotten, aside from the name of the restaurant haha.

Anyways just thought i'd share my personal story of when Buffalo '66 was being filmed here in town.

I hope i didn't break any rules by sharing it.

GO BILLS!

I don’t think I’d ever even heard of the movie, but I will remember this story. How charming! 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

We're the couple that doesn't touch each other..

Some brilliant ish in the small lines of this film

The bathroom scene at the beginning with the guy violating his personal space was quite amusing 

On 6/24/2018 at 10:08 PM, Bubba Gump said:

This was a great movie. One of my all time favorites.

That was most of my family when the Blue Jays were on a tear in the early 90s