Tremaine Edmunds, Matt Milano Bring Swagger to Transform Defense

On 6/23/2018 at 8:43 PM, PirateHookerMD said:

I mean, if you get an average/solid starter in the 5th round thats a huge win. 

"rising star" seems a bit much but we shall see!

Milano Will definitely benefit from the talent around him. He is always around the ball which was also the case at BC. He will only get better. He is a potential STUD!!!!! As for his hamstring it’s a little thing that needs to be managed. Keep Humber is for depth and Zo is a vet holding down the fort until they get his replacement in next years draft and/or Edmunds takes over. Meaning they go to the draft for Mike which has ton of talent. Also I think the replace Kyle with elite talent next draft as well!!! Bad things man bad things!!!

10 minutes ago, mschifano said:

Milano Will definitely benefit from the talent around him. He is always around the ball which was also the case at BC. He will only get better. He is a potential STUD!!!!! As for his hamstring it’s a little thing that needs to be managed. Keep Humber is for depth and Zo is a vet holding down the fort until they get his replacement in next years draft and/or Edmunds takes over. Meaning they go to the draft for Mike which has ton of talent. Also I think the replace Kyle with elite talent next draft as well!!! Bad things man bad things!!!

I seen him make some plays. Milano can be good. It wouldn't shock me if he became a force. 

As for the thread itself, the defense did some special things last season. I'm actually confident the defense will be elite. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 1

People dogging Star makes no since. There is a reason McDermott went hard after him as a day one signee. He fits the piece of the puzzle that will make everyone else around him that much better. Go ask Thomas Davis and Luke if they miss Star or not.....

On 6/23/2018 at 10:28 PM, Misterbluesky said:

100 %. spot on. He lacks upper body strength and it showed last year. He got shoved into the middle far to often because he couldn't shed off solid blockers,mostly TE's. I can easily see many teams playing two TE sets very often against us next year...both Milano and the aged Alexander can be exposed if opposing OC's due proper film study...And factor in Milano's nagging bad hamstring.

His real issue isn't upper body strength, it's core/functional strength (FWIW, he was 3rd amongst LBs in the bench at the 2017 combine)..

If he can add some bulk to his lower body and develop better leverage when taking on blockers he'll be better against the run.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

His real issue isn't upper body strength, it's core/functional strength (FWIW, he was 3rd amongst LBs in the bench at the 2017 combine)..

If he can add some bulk to his lower body and develop better leverage when taking on blockers he'll be better against the run.

After being in the NFL already I know this is something he will realize and each year he will work towards bulking up.

On 6/23/2018 at 7:40 PM, PirateHookerMD said:

I didn't know Milano was a rising star. Interesting. Maybe I underrate him. 

...probably because he quietly goes about his business.....these are my kind of hard nosed kids.....respectful of the game, respectful of being selected in the 5th round (SAME magical 5th as Kyle) and hell bent on making everything out of his opportunity....thought he was smallish at 6'1", 221 lbs, but WRONG as usual......

• Like (+1) 1