One more sign of getting old

1 hour ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

The Sabres are drafting guys born in the year 2000.

For work, I had to get copies of everyone's driver's licenses.  Out of about 60 people in the office, five are older than I am and I"m old enough to be the father of at least 40 of them.  It's more of a "wow" feeling than an, "I feel old," feeling.

I work in a jail. I used to look at my HS graduation year as a barometer of my age. Now I see the 2000 kids come in and think to myself, dang...I was doing this job for nearly a decade when you were born. Job security...often times its the kid of a past "client" 

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, 707BillsFan said:

I work in a jail. I used to look at my HS graduation year as a barometer of my age. Now I see the 2000 kids come in and think to myself, dang...I was doing this job for nearly a decade when you were born. Job security...often times its the kid of a past "client" 

A Legacy client

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Want to feel old?

Consider that someone who is too young to remember the shuttle Challenger tragedy is now pushing 40 years old.

I vividly remember that day...I was in my twenties. We were unloading a semi flat of building materials when it went up, the Island Center in Tampa. It was a clear day and when I and my crew were watching most all of us exclaimed at the same time that something was wrong. All it took was good binoculars from that far away, just such a clear day. Could actually see it without them too, just not as high def.

14 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Want to feel old?

Consider that someone who is too young to remember the shuttle Challenger tragedy is now pushing 40 years old.

A couple weeks ago I was talking to a colleague about the Challenger accident. I mentioned that I was in graduate school when it happened; he responded, "I was in first grade."

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 7:20 PM, 707BillsFan said:

My grandfather was a NY State Trooper in the same area that I grew up. I could name some of the troublemakers in school and he would tell me that he'd arrested their grandparent/relative decades earlier. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Want to feel old?

I feel old every time I think about how many adults can't recall a time without AIDS.

I had an old college roommate in town for a long weekend. What would have been just an ordinary (probably on the tame side even) weekend back then....almost killed me. There’s a reason I feel old....I AM old!

But we still had fun!!! 

Gonna be a real hoot seeing Millennials (born after 1980) hit mid-life, 40... That gen that was told never get old, you're special, live your drean... is getting old.  Gonna be echoes of Boomers on steroids.

Sit back and watch them get old...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

OLD ? .... I came home from the grocery store yesterday and never left the house afterwards. I know I had my glasses on when I came home, have no idea where they are now. I have searched everywhere in the house including the fridge and the freezer as well as the garbage cans.

(how pathetic is that) I hadn't even been smoking or drinking, that changes when I get home from work today.

@#$& ageing

Edited by frostbitmic