Julio Jones Trade possibilty?

Just now, machine gun kelly said:

anyone who thinks one of the best WR's in the league is going to get traded is nuts.

I hate these stupid posts.   I'vr read Brady, Rodgers, and so on who can be traded and just screams of you have no knowledge of football.  I'm not blaming the

OP just dumb remarks.

I think the odds of him being traded are very low, however, the Falcons did just draft his replacement and they already have a very solid group of guys at wr.  Add that up with his contract situation makes it all the more possible.  I still think the odds are low but is not on the same line as Brady or Rodgers being traded.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I'm not saying I wouldn't love it with Kelvin Benjamen, but it wont happen.  Again, not attacking the OP.  It's not my way.

Appreciate that. and i agree too about wild speculation. but the thought was kind of intriguing 

NP Dwight.  I'd love it too.  Just wont happen.  I know it's always nice to dream.  Have  a nice weekend pal.  I see you just got started with us.  We're looking forward to more posts.  Don't listen to those people who say hold off on posts.

Everyone can add something to the conversation.

• Like (+1) 1

I believe Julio is on the block to some degree given what is transpiring and the fact they took Ridley in the 1st.  But I think it would be a kings ransom and while I can certainly believe Beane has inquired i don’t think it’s a possibility with what type of assets he would need to part with along with what you need to pay the guy once you get him. He’s holding out for a monster deal now and would do the same wherever he ends up imo.

• Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I believe Julio is on the block to some degree given what is transpiring and the fact they took Ridley in the 1st.  But I think it would be a kings ransom and while I can certainly believe Beane has inquired i don’t think it’s a possibility with what type of assets he would need to part with along with what you need to pay the guy once you get him. He’s holding out for a monster deal now and would do the same wherever he ends up imo.

They have the money.  As for the cost in picks...so what?  The Bills wasted serious capital on Sammy (a guy who simply can't ever be the asset the Jones has always been) and are no worse off today.

Git 'er done Buddy!

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

I don't think we can afford Julio, would love to see him in Buffalo, it would be really dumb for Atlanta to let him go in the prime of his career.

They won't.  This isn't credible at all. 

18 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

They have the money.  As for the cost in picks...so what?  The Bills wasted serious capital on Sammy (a guy who simply can't ever be the asset the Jones has always been) and are no worse off today.

Git 'er done Buddy!

I’m not sure what all Beane plans to spend the money on, but at a guess, it isn’t gonna be a splash, PR-intensive WR trade where he then has to sign the guy.

I wouldn’t rule out Beane doing that at some point in the future, when he thinks That One Guy is the missing piece - but do you see us as there, at the moment?

32 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Git 'er done Buddy!

Not the case. The WR corps is very much an issue as we saw last season. 

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

The Falcons are trying to get a deal done with him. They're not trying to trade him.

Not sure if they are trying to extend his deal or not.  JJ has three more years on his deal and Atlanta only has $6.6M in cap space.  He’s still the 8th highest paid WR in the NFL. My bet is that he’ll have to play at least this season (for Atlanta) under this contract although they might choose to restructure it a bit and give him more cash up front. 

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Alright, I’ll play. Lawson, 2019 1st & 4th, 2020 2nd would you?

I seriously doubt the Falcons trade him. That being said I would make this trade. He and Benjamin would make one of the better tandems in the league and Julio probably has at least 5 more years of All Pro caliber play in him.