Julio Jones Trade possibilty?

6 hours ago, dwight in philly said:

Probably half a$$ed site,. but read they may be interested in him. "Bills  News Consolidated" 

If we would ever land him,I would consider us to be a playoff caliber team....no if's,and's or but's about it. 

13 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

If they thought that Allen was ready right now I could see giving up a first and 2 seconds for him, but it doesn't fit the mold that we're building from.

...them bi-focals AIN'T working....seriously??........

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not the case. The WR corps is very much an issue as we saw last season. 

Right we got worse by dumping Sammy and Woods and replacing them with jjordan "broken heart" Mathews and some other guys whose names i can't even remember.

if true, give them whatever they want.  The best way to develop a young QB is to surround him with guys that can catch the football. Not guys like Zay Jones and D Thompson signed in the middle of the season after being cut by the Bears.

I thought after we got Allen and then the 2nd 1st round pick came along We'd take Ridley.  Sort of like how the Bungles got AJ Green and Dalton in the same draft.  The linebacker looks good, but D was already the strength of the team. O was quite the contrary.

sinking all these resources into an alleged  inaccurate passer and standing pat on WR seems ill advised to me. 

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

anyone who thinks one of the best WR's in the league is going to get traded is nuts.

I hate these stupid posts.   I'vr read Brady, Rodgers, and so on who can be traded and just screams of you have no knowledge of football.  I'm not blaming the

OP just dumb remarks.

not sure if you hate the stupid post or not. Dwight's a bit sensitive BTW

4 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

As the lyric in Proud Mary goes; "you don't have to worry, cuz you got no money!"  The other half is; who's going to throw to him?

Rollin Rollin

Rollin on the river...

2 hours ago, Robert James said:

Strikes me as more of a Whaley move; definitely not a Beane move.  And even Whaley would have needed to believe he had his QB in place (as he did with EJ) before spending that kind of money.

yep, on each point

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Alright, I’ll play. Lawson, 2019 1st & 4th, 2020 2nd would you?

No way!! that is waay to much to give up a 29 yo WR with injury issues. I would love Julio in a Bills uni, but for that price we can draft a couple of Julios.

1 hour ago, THE SLAMMER said:

I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamberger today

Wimpy , your credit rating has been plummeting for decades.
we can offer you an order of fries if you repay the loan on sunday before 12.
Take it or leave it

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

Right we got worse by dumping Sammy and Woods and replacing them with jjordan "broken heart" Mathews and some other guys whose names i can't even remember.

if true, give them whatever they want.  The best way to develop a young QB is to surround him with guys that can catch the football. Not guys like Zay Jones and D Thompson signed in the middle of the season after being cut by the Bears.

I thought after we got Allen and then the 2nd 1st round pick came along We'd take Ridley.  Sort of like how the Bungles got AJ Green and Dalton in the same draft.  The linebacker looks good, but D was already the strength of the team. O was quite the contrary.

sinking all these resources into an alleged  inaccurate passer and standing pat on WR seems ill advised to me. 

next draft we go offense. be patient

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

No way!! that is waay to much to give up a 29 yo WR with injury issues. I would love Julio in a Bills uni, but for that price we can draft a couple of Julios.

That’s what the cost will be. That’s why I threw it out. If we are going to discuss it let’s use a realistic cost.

9 hours ago, dwight in philly said:

Thanks again. i have been around a bit, but not an every day guy. i like the discussion .. but it does go off the rails once in a while .. but like you.. Benjamin.. Jones. would be nice, but without the QB , tough sell

Who would you need to "sell" the no QB to?

6 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...here's his remaining deal that he is NOT happy with.....as in $34 mil.....

8/29/2015: Signed a six-year, $81.432 million contract. The deal contains $47 million guaranteed, including a $12 million signing bonus. Jones' $11.5 million 2017 salary becomes fully guaranteed on March 11, 2016. 2018: $10.5 million, 2019: $12.5 million, 2020: $11.426 million, 2021: Free Agent

Actually I may be in the minority here - but Julio Jones has some justification for the holdout. The numbers you give are a bit misleading. The key issue is $34 mill is not GUARANTEED. Actually, Julio is just getting cash of 10.5 mill this year (with the prorated signing bonus - cap hit for the year is 12.9 mill with a dead cap of 4.8 mill). At worst, he is playing on a 1 yr 10.5 mill cash deal ant at best, a 1 yr 15.3 mill deal if you feel like including the dead cap. When Sammy Watkins with far less production signs a 3 yr 48 mill deal with 30 mill guaranteed, a top 3 receiver in the league is going to get miffed at 1 year 10.5 mill no?

These athletes' careers can end in an instant - if he had 34 mill guaranteed - we would not be seeing this holdout.

And I think a 2019 first rounder for Julio is a fair offer (and the Falcons will come round to it) along with  a little rework of the contract - maybe 2019 salary guarantee- will cause him to end the holdout and happily don the Bills Jersey.   Git 'er done McBeane!!

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

anyone who thinks one of the best WR's in the league is going to get traded is nuts.

I hate these stupid posts.   I'vr read Brady, Rodgers, and so on who can be traded and just screams of you have no knowledge of football.  I'm not blaming the

OP just dumb remarks.

The day Herschel Walker trade happened,  a precedent was set...that was followed by trading of Joe Montana to the Chiefs etc.  No one is untouchable!

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

The day Herschel Walker trade happened,  a precedent was set...that was followed by trading of Joe Montana to the Chiefs etc.  No one is untouchable!

Yeah it wouldn’t surprise me at all to see him traded. But they won’t give him away. And i expect it would be only to the afc. 

Edited by YoloinOhio