Darby trade

gjv001

1 hour ago, TPS said:

So Watkins and Dareus weren't scheme fits either? They continue to show people the door who do not fit their culture.

If the Eagles initiated the trade, then I'd agree on that being the main element. Any idea?

Darius was all about his stats which he would not have gotten in this D and they probably felt they could not retain Sammy so they got something while they could.

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He wants to show you his Gaudy Super Bowl Ring. 

So does Jon Dorenbos who wasn't even on the team and some retired secretary... so how does that matter to the topic at-hand?

For folks asking for the link between Winston and Darby...They were roommates at FSU for the first accusation against Winston and then they were together the Uber night...despite this link, doubt this has anything to do with the Bills trading Darby.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/22/third-man-with-jameis-winston-and-ronald-darby-is-now-in-prison-for-rape/

Edited by JoeF

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Dareus' departure was both culture and cost related. Watkins I believe was a combination of cost control and injury issues.  Since you allege Darby was a culture problem, what was his issue that leads you to that?  

I'm not saying he was a culture problem, it's that he didn't  embody the culture McD looks for.  If you don't, then the odds are you are a goner..

For example, Watkins made some comment after the trade about his lack of team focus, or something related. We know Dareus had issues. Darby probably didn't rock the boat, rather he didn't embody the qualities McD looks for. As I recall in reading about the trade, Mathews was described as a hard worker and great locker room guy. The only thing you read about Darby was his skill set. Had Darby been a McD-type of guy off the field, I doubt he would've been traded. 

2 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

well if you read the quotes between Darby and Banks, Winston seems like they all might be lying because none of the stories match up.

And Darby recently took initiative to speak out again.
fishy stuff

I did not lie Darby in TC and loved him when the season started. I too was bummed to see him traded

It sounds like Winston got Darby to make up a story that there were multiple people in the car, but then it was not corroborated by others. 

4 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Karlos Williams was awesome though. So much talent and he performed up to it his rookie year. It was worth the risk at the 155th overall pick. Just a shame he couldn't keep it together mentally.

Yup, I truly believe he could have been special and he threw it all away! 

45 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

We drafted Darby knowing full well that he was Rapeis Winston's lookout.  He didn't exactly set the world on fire here, so maybe McBeane took his lack of character into account before cutting him loose.  We'll likely never know.

Ronald might be best in man coverage and not smart enough for McD. likely all it was.

but maybe there were character concerns discovered.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

It sounds like Winston got Darby to make up a story that there were multiple people in the car, but then it was not corroborated by others. 

Darby does seem overly loyal to Winston. for better or worse

I doubt it was the primary reason they made the trade (not a great scheme fit, building capital to make a move for a QB in this year's draft, upgrading WR core after Watkins trade), but it wouldn't surprise me if it played a factor.  

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

I doubt it was the primary reason they made the trade (not a great scheme fit, building capital to make a move for a QB in this year's draft, upgrading WR core after Watkins trade), but it wouldn't surprise me if it played a factor.  

always always a combination of things in decision making such as this.
Likely you are closer to the honest truth than any one factor deciding Ronald Darby's fate.

i thought they got rid of Watkins and Darby for their hair styles.

I mean it could be  true.