Josh Allen coins #SabresMafia

Can't stand the sour puss, negative ninnies.  From Allen's pictures with the wedding crew in the parking lot, his mocking his own accuracy on the toss of the ball cap at the draft, to his Sabres support, and every move he has made since drafted it seems like Allen is a terrific young man with a positive personality.  Plus, even Shady says he is totally dedicated to his craft.  He is everything we could want from a personality and talent perspective.  I think I may cry with joy if/when it translates on the field.  #AllenMafia

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, eball said:

I really question the necessity of a response like this.  It's a completely innocuous thread that has absolutely no bearing on the Bills or Sabres.  If you don't share the poster's enthusiasm wouldn't the thing to do be to simply ignore the thread and move on, rather than whipping out your junk and urinating into the cornflakes?

Complaining has replaced baseball as the national past time. ?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Throw out #mafia for the other pro sports team and mention wings, and you “really get buffalo?”

what if he wraps his truck and plants some trees downtown ala Rex losman? I don’t know that this tweet is anything beyond entry level checking the box of being aware of buffalo 

Football ☑️

Hockey ☑️

Wings ☑️

Those are three things that every Buffalonian should love. I’d say he’s off to a great start

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Shotgunner said:

I still really hate the #mafia handle...

...but Josh Allen really gets Buffalo.

I am hoping he lives up to the potential, and he may find Buffalo is his "forever home".

he sure does seem to have it all in perspective. we love our Buffalo sports. and we love our Buffalo sports players that embrace the city. this guy is definitely gaining supporters every time he says things like this. if he ends up being great, this is going to be one hell of a ride!

10 hours ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Can't stand the sour puss, negative ninnies.  From Allen's pictures with the wedding crew in the parking lot, his mocking his own accuracy on the toss of the ball cap at the draft, to his Sabres support, and every move he has made since drafted it seems like Allen is a terrific young man with a positive personality.  Plus, even Shady says he is totally dedicated to his craft.  He is everything we could want from a personality and talent perspective.  I think I may cry with joy if/when it translates on the field.  #AllenMafia

This.

13 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Guys been on our team like 5 minutes and he wants to create a new mafia? Let him play first before we have our mafia created by a bust 

Still feeling jilted?

Let me guess. Rosen?

• Haha (+1) 1

On 6/23/2018 at 12:24 AM, Shotgunner said:

I still really hate the #mafia handle...

...but Josh Allen really gets Buffalo.

I am hoping he lives up to the potential, and he may find Buffalo is his "forever home".

No offense but I find it so annoying when people complain about the term “mafia”...I just envision those people as the type to bring down a party or to ruin a good joke...Bills mafia, to me, is harmless fun, and it’s so bizarre when I find people getting so bent out of shape over it...it’s not like the name is “Bills nazis”...I just think people need to lighten up, stop taking things so seriously, and learn to have a little fun...just my opinion.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/22/2018 at 8:03 PM, CaptnCoke11 said:

NHL draft.. about as exciting as a root canal 

I have to admit that I was the most excited about this NHL draft as I have been about any NHL or NFL draft in memory.  

I am embarrassed to say how excited I am to see Rasmus Dahlin play for the Sabres.

As for Josh Allen, although I was not very excited about that pick, Josh makes it impossible to dislike him.  He has embraced Buffalo, and I really hope he succeeds . . . not just because he plays for the Bills, but also because he seems like a great kid. P.S. I hope they give him time to develop and do not start him before he is ready even if that means he does not start a game during the entire 2018 season.

Edited by Peter
  • Like (+1) 5

3 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

No offense but I find it so annoying when people complain about the term “mafia”...I just envision those people as the type to bring down a party or to ruin a good joke...Bills mafia, to me, is harmless fun, and it’s so bizarre when I find people getting so bent out of shape over it...it’s not like the name is “Bills nazis”...I just think people need to lighten up, stop taking things so seriously, and learn to have a little fun...just my opinion.

"Yeah, mafia is all about organized crime. Why are people mad? It is not like we are asserting anything akin to organized war crime."

Potentially, there are some logical problems with your point.

On the other hand, maybe "sabres mafia" can be changed to "SS" for the "Sabres Squad!" 

On 6/23/2018 at 4:40 PM, Chandler#81 said:

Yep. Attaining mediocrity seems like a wet dream..

reported

you prevert

19 hours ago, aristocrat said:

No. Just saying the guy hasn’t done anything yet. 

neither has the Franchise !

see what i mean ?

Edited by 3rdand12