TBDAHOT #19 (I think) 9/16/2018 vs the Chargers

JÂy RÛßeÒ

On 9/2/2018 at 4:23 PM, rockpile said:

I am amazed this thread is so low key this year! I guess between now and game day there will be a lot more comments on who is going to the game and how many plan stopping by the TBD Tailgate. I will be at the TBDAHOT for sure, but might be coming up Sunday early AM instead of staying in Hamburg Saturday night. Who will be around on Saturday, and where will you be partying? 

The replies may decide if I come up a day early or not! 

Pat and I will be there with the usual and not so usual people. Rich (RKFast), Jay (Not that Jay), KJ and Randy and our daughter Michaela. We will most likely try dinner someplace near where we are staying (Hamburg Motel 6). Although we may Uber to Dannys and finish beck at the Quality inn.

12 minutes ago, Guffalo said:

Pat and I will be there with the usual and not so usual people. Rich (RKFast), Jay (Not that Jay), KJ and Randy and our daughter Michaela. We will most likely try dinner someplace near where we are staying (Hamburg Motel 6). Although we may Uber to Dannys and finish beck at the Quality inn.

I was thinking of cancelling my reservation at Motel 6 since I am alone.

Plan B was sleep in my CRV. 

Plan C was drive up Sunday morning.

Maybe should rethink my plans!

5 hours ago, rockpile said:

I was thinking of cancelling my reservation at Motel 6 since I am alone.

Plan B was sleep in my CRV. 

Plan C was drive up Sunday morning.

Maybe should rethink my plans!

@Augie staying alone in hotel in downtown and needs a bedmate for Saturday night...just saying

Edited by plenzmd1

10 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

@Augie staying alone in hotel in downtown and needs a bedmate for Saturday night...just saying

My wife thinks you have a very bad idea. The thing is...Augie snores. Like a FRIEGHT TRAIN! Or so I’m told. By everyone. Including myself as I can wake myself up snoring.  I travel with a CPAP machine only if my wife is joining me - I hate that thing, but it DOES stop snoring for the most part. 

Before I got the CPAP I had an operation and the last night in the hospital they put me in a double room. I woke up the next morning to hear my roomie SCREAMING at the nurse that I should NEVER be put in a room with another person and he’d be shocked if the people across the hall slept a wink all night. I felt bad for the old guy, but it’s not a thing I can just decide to stop. 

If I weren’t so lazy, I’d start a thread to hear all the other stories from the peeps who have the same issues. Before the CPAP we were staying in a Ritz Carlton (ain’t cheap) and my wife went down to the lobby about 3:00 am to get a second room so she could sleep for a few hours. THAT is desperate. 

But other than that, I’m perfect.  ?

Almost. 

3 hours ago, Augie said:

My wife thinks you have a very bad idea. The thing is...Augie snores. Like a FRIEGHT TRAIN! Or so I’m told. By everyone. Including myself as I can wake myself up snoring.  I travel with a CPAP machine only if my wife is joining me - I hate that thing, but it DOES stop snoring for the most part. 

Before I got the CPAP I had an operation and the last night in the hospital they put me in a double room. I woke up the next morning to hear my roomie SCREAMING at the nurse that I should NEVER be put in a room with another person and he’d be shocked if the people across the hall slept a wink all night. I felt bad for the old guy, but it’s not a thing I can just decide to stop. 

If I weren’t so lazy, I’d start a thread to hear all the other stories from the peeps who have the same issues. Before the CPAP we were staying in a Ritz Carlton (ain’t cheap) and my wife went down to the lobby about 3:00 am to get a second room so she could sleep for a few hours. THAT is desperate. 

But other than that, I’m perfect.  ?

Almost. 

First off, I would not need a bed mate. There are TWO beds in the room..

Don't ever go into sales, Augie, because you make sleeping in my CRV sound like a dream! *-)

• Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, rockpile said:

First off, I would not need a bed mate. There are TWO beds in the room..

Don't ever go into sales, Augie, because you make sleeping in my CRV sound like a dream! *-)

I think my hospital roomie tried to get out to his car, but his IV got tangled up and they caught him. I vaguely remember some tussle in the middle of the night. I’m just glad I didn’t cause him to stroke out screaming at the nurse. It was NASTY! I felt so badly for all involved, and it was no joy ride for me! 

• Haha (+1) 1

Unfortunately, I won't be at the home opener this year.

I'm bummed I'll have to miss it, but I had to choose between the opener and MNF vs the pats* on 10/29. Monday night at the Ralph was the obvious choice.

Hopefully most of the usual crew will be back for MNF and we can do it up with a nice looooong tailgate before the game.

Have fun, guys. Drink a beer or 17 for me.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, devldog131 said:

I'm bummed I'll have to miss it, but I had to choose between the opener and MNF vs the pats* on 10/29. Monday night at the Ralph was the obvious choice.

Hopefully most of the usual crew will be back for MNF and we can do it up with a nice looooong tailgate before the game.

thats a tough choice, but either option is a winning option!

I am assuming lunch at Hammers on 10/29...I like to eat lunch at about 12.30....so I am guessing 11 am start?

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/7/2018 at 9:21 AM, devldog131 said:

We'll miss you at the opener Devil Dog, but enjoy the MNF game!

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/7/2018 at 3:59 PM, plenzmd1 said:

thats a tough choice, but either option is a winning option!

I am assuming lunch at Hammers on 10/29...I like to eat lunch at about 12.30....so I am guessing 11 am start?

If I know @mrags like I think I know @mrags, we'll be in the lot well before 9am. Gotta be there for breakfast. I'd be supremely disappointed if I didn't get some of @mead107's famous breakfast stromboli.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, CountryCletus said:

I will be attending the TBDAHOT, but without Mrs. Cletus... Cletus JR. is making the voyage... Mrs. Cletus has to keep the 2 week old Cletus fed.... 

Congratulations to you and Mrs. Cletus on the new baby!  Glad you are able to make TBDAHOT!

Going to try and make it. With the hurricane doing whatever it's going to do that's an issue - already was having to leave Saturday at 130pm to do this.  Going to try. 

And bringing a real, true to life bona fide girlfriend.  Like, we are talking future together and all sorts of really strange things.

Also a record for monogamy for me.  3 almost 4 months, I think.

• Like (+1) 2

If anyone needs a cold one, I've procured several delicious and strong Vermont beers for Saturday / Sunday... 

?

IMG_9045.JPG

(sitting in the fridge at work - had to make the sign so the kids wouldn't mistake these for lunch)

Edited by Heitz