Confession time at TBD

major

22 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That puts you in company with Kiper and McShay. 

And keep in mind you're talking with someone who once thought Fitzpatrick would be Our Guy.  So there's that.

Their start with Fitz in 2011 made it so hard not to believe in them and even going into 2012 I was pretty bullish on him myself. Ugh

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/27/2018 at 12:14 PM, Captain Hindsight said:

I thought for sure Merriman was going to turn this team around. Same with Mario. 

I thought for sure EJ was going to be a good starter. Hell of a nice guy was always rooting for him

Nothing to be ashamed of. Mario was great until Rex had him doing something he wasn't meant to do. EJ is very likable, and someone worth rooting for. He just didn't pan out like we thought he would. 

This one might get me a ban, but hear out my reasoning at the time, and please PLEASE forgive me. I rooted for New England in Superbowl XLII. 

My reasoning is based on the fact that my brother is a Dolphins fan. He never shut up about the '72 Dolphins. So if they had went 15-1, I'd have been full speed ahead against Brady*. But because I hated the Dolphins more than I hated the Patriots* at that time, and wanted my brother to stfu and have someone beat that record, I wanted them to beat it. 

23 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Nothing to be ashamed of. Mario was great until Rex had him doing something he wasn't meant to do. EJ is very likable, and someone worth rooting for. He just didn't pan out like we thought he would. 

This one might get me a ban, but hear out my reasoning at the time, and please PLEASE forgive me. I rooted for New England in Superbowl XLII. 

My reasoning is based on the fact that my brother is a Dolphins fan. He never shut up about the '72 Dolphins. So if they had went 15-1, I'd have been full speed ahead against Brady*. But because I hated the Dolphins more than I hated the Patriots* at that time, and wanted my brother to stfu and have someone beat that record, I wanted them to beat it. 

I move to Ban!

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

4 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I move to Ban!

I think I've rooted for the Brady-era Pats in every super bowl except the ATL one.  I always root for the team I think deserves it most.

• Sad 1

When he was drafted, I thought EJ was the answer.  Everything about him seemed to scream future Bills franchise QB. Well, until he started playing...

My non-Bills confession is that I told everyone who would listen, that Todd Blackledge would be a better pro than Dan Marino.

23 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I refuse to draft Bills players in my fantasy league out of fear I will jinx them

That is not a bad thing, you are right, it would. I don't draft them either.

Edited by buffaloboyinATL
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Two of my mates of Fins fans. I wanted the same and for basically the same reason. In fact I still want the Patriots to beat the Dolphins any time they play. 

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

I think I've rooted for the Brady-era Pats in every super bowl except the ATL one.  I always root for the team I think deserves it most.

The only two I have rooted for them to win they have lost. ?

The first Giants one as above and then this last one because I have a somewhat irrational dislike of Philadelphia. I have never been there (except the airport for a conmecting flight) just never liked the place or the team. 

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Two of my mates of Fins fans. I wanted the same and for basically the same reason. In fact I still want the Patriots to beat the Dolphins any time they play. 

The only two I have rooted for them to win they have lost. ?

The first Giants one as above and then this last one because I have a somewhat irrational dislike of Philadelphia. I have never been there (except the airport for a conmecting flight) just never liked the place or the team. 

Oh, crap - I forgot about Philly.  Yes ... I was rooting for Philly.

I've always disliked their fans (baseball and football), but I really liked this past season's team and loved the Foles story.  So I'll add that one to my list, as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Confession - I used to smuggle alcoholic beverages into games, mostly in a secret compartment in my seat cushion.  A couple of beers, bottles of champagne (for playoff games), or thermos with hot chocolate and schnapps in the cold weather.  When I started bringing my son to games at the tender age of 4, that changed to juice boxes etc.

Then they clamped down on seat cushions and the gig was up.

On 7/5/2018 at 12:36 PM, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I rooted for them in their first SB with Brady - before they became a dynasty. Two reasons:

1. I didn't want St. Louis to win a second consecutive SB. I was tired of the arrogance from the Rams, especially when Kurt Warner said "God assembled this team for a reason."

2. That was the season of 9/11, and it seemed appropriate for the Patriots to win it all that year.

But I've rooted against them in every game since then.