Confession time at TBD

major

13 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

On the field, after the 1980 opening win vs. the Fish, I saw a guy take up a piece of turf large enough to cover the first floor of my house...and said nothing to no one.

After the 2002 OT win vs. the Bears, I bought a Bledsoe jersey.

As for the turf, NFL inspector taking a sample back to the highly guarded NFL lab.  Standards were much more rigorous in those days, there was also an independent auditor present checking air pressure in the footballs.

As for the Bledsoe jersey, did you find yourself moving in fits and starts, with arms and legs seeming unusually stiff anytime you wore it?

On 6/23/2018 at 6:35 AM, JimBob2232 said:

I thought Marv levy’s stint as GM would restore the winning culture.

Agree - thought he would turn it around.

I didn't like the Levy hiring (as a coach) - thought he was just another tired re-tread.

On 6/26/2018 at 11:50 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I applaud your honesty, but that's one serious sin

I didn't think CJ Spiller was gonna be the next Thurman Thomas, but I thought he was going to give us much more than he did

hey, if i can't be honest with my Bills Brethren, who can I be honest with?

14 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Thats not a sin that is love!

If I had the money at 14 my father would’ve let me as well!

bet it was awesome 

It was amazing. You could bring in a thermos of whatever you wanted back then (hot chocolate for me) and no one cared. 

I don't know if they still do it, but this was when you'd show up to the stadium during minicamp, and any available season tickets were TAPED IN AN ENVELOPE to the seatback. You'd take them to the ticket office and pay. Mine were $226.

I sat next to a wife and kid of an official NFL "chain gang" guy on the field. He would wave to them when nearby to our seats. They always had the nicest NFL-branded gear (not Bills gear). 

I still remember watching Magic Johnson walk in during the season opener against the LA Rams on their sideline and EVERYONE noticed (I sat on the visitor side). That was the James Lofton record yardage game.

Same season was when we were up like 42-3 against the Falcons in the rain and Deion ran the 2nd half kickoff back and did his hand behind his ear dance about 20 yards out from the endzone. Was an official NFL highlight.

I tried to get my dad to go to the Comeback game and he was like "Nah, they stunk last week, they won't win." I didn't go, but listened to it on the radio. 

I confess to really disliking some TBD posters.  I won't name them by name, but if you are a know-it-all, perpetually snarky and/or are dismissive of others, you may be who I'm thinking of.  Or you may be Jeremy White. 

Edit: Or Mike Schopp. 

Edited by BillnutinHouston

13 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

I spent a lot of money for good seats at the Bills @ Chargers game.

You could have slammed a car door on your hand for FREE! Ahhh, the advantages of hindsight....

On 6/22/2018 at 7:18 PM, major said:

Time to confess our Bills sins. Back in the early 2000’s I wanted our bills to bring in Aaron Brooks as qb from the Saints. I also wanted us to draft Chris Simms back in the day. Father forgive me, for I have sinned. Your turn?

My "Bills sin" is that I was born into a Bills family. Like any good Catholic, I was absolved of original sin thru baptism; however, following this team has left me in perpetual purgatory. ?

I love the James Hardy pick, thought he was legitimate as a WR.   

Hated the Lynch draft pick, and hated the Spiller pick even more.   

Thought EJ Manuel could develop into Cam Newton 

I thought Whaley and Rex were going to bring us a super bowl. 

I cheered when Brady went down in that KC opener in 2008   I know that makes me a bad person

I thought because of the way we got him, that Shady was either over the hill, or had some kind of debilitating injury and I thought we made a mistake by trading Kiko.    

I've been wrong a lot. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....isn't he selling Yugos in Nogales before "the wall" goes up?.....

Yugos?  They don't.

33 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

I cheered when Brady went down in that KC opener in 2008   I know that makes me a bad person

Actually, the only thing it makes you is an honorary western New Yorker.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Me too and plane tickets for four.  Left before halftime. Threw my hat in the garbage walking to the car.  

A tale of two games. 

I was at the Rams game the year before, baking in that concrete wok that is Olympic Stadium, following the longest beer line I've ever endured at the tailgate. Bills fans were outnumbered by only about 4:1. I didn't even know there were that many Bills fans in SoCal. But, It felt like a home game. We were LOUD, brother! The Bills players said that, too. What a blast that game was. Taylor was at his best. I was third row at the Bills end zone when Hunter made his first catch as a Bill, which was also his first TD as a Bill. I was very close to Nickell Robey's interception, too. That was a thing of beauty. The Bills were clicking on that day.

Well, the Chargers game was a helluva lot more comfortable. The tailgate was about 1,000% better run the the year before. In fact, everything regarding the logistics of going to that game was easier. Easier to park. Easier to get in. Easier to get a beer. I sat in the shade ten rows back from the 20 yard line. I was cautiously optimistic about Peterman starting.

But, actually being at that game, I think, made it easier to understand that the five pics Peterman threw only told half the story. It wasn't just Peterman that stunk (and, make no mistake, he stunk). The whole team looked junior varsity. I'm not sure that perception translated to television. And, this is my biggest knock on Peterman: I'm not sure he can lead a team. What you missed in the second half of that game, was a team being led by its QB. That's not me trying to pump up TT- I certainly understand his limitations. But, in the second half of that game, they looked like a different team.

And, here's another confession:

I CAN'T WAIT for the Bills to play the Raiders in Vegas. I'm in my fifties, and married, with kids, but  I will spend whatever it takes for decent tickets, book a room at the crappiest, and cheapest room I can find (and, trust me, they have some crappy, flea-ridden rooms off the strip), I'll take a Greyhound from LA, and spend four days on the deepest, depraved bender since my twenties. 

On 6/26/2018 at 2:51 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

Da'Rick Rogers caused a lot of commotion on BBMB.  People were engaged in such heated arguments over the guy....more than any other UDFA we've ever had.

And on here. I was very, very much in the minority when I said "Chris Hogan is better than him." 

3 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

And, here's another confession:

I CAN'T WAIT for the Bills to play the Raiders in Vegas. I'm in my fifties, and married, with kids, but  I will spend whatever it takes for decent tickets, book a room at the crappiest, and cheapest room I can find (and, trust me, they have some crappy, flea-ridden rooms off the strip), I'll take a Greyhound from LA, and spend four days on the deepest, depraved bender since my twenties. 

You do realize this sounds like a storyline from 'CSI'.  If you're not careful, you'll be listed in the credits as 'victim #2'.  You should probably make postings to TSW every 15 minutes so we can check up on you.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

And on here. I was very, very much in the minority when I said "Chris Hogan is better than him." 

From a pure athletic standpoint I would say Rogers is better than Hogan. Straight mental capacity....Hogan looks like Einstein compared to Rogers.

16 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I once predicted that JP Losman was going to throw for 4500 yards and 35 TD's in his upcoming season

You were close... oh, wait... you said season and not career... my bad.

• Haha (+1) 1