Confession time at TBD

major

5 hours ago, McBean said:

I loved the Rex Ryan hire. I thought he was going to lead this team to a Super Bowl.

I also laughed at Carolina for picking Cam Newton. Was confident he would suck.

...everyone is entitled to a "weak moment"......j/k......:thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, BuffaloTX said:

I wanted them to draft James Hardy (may he rest in peace) and thought he would be the answer at WR they needed so badly.

So did I! I was super excited when we drafted him and thought he would be unstoppable. 

At the height of the Johnson - Flutie debate, I went to training camp. I was 12. It was my Birthday. I wore my Rob Johnson jersey. BECAUSE I was the only kid there with a Johnson jersey, amidst a sea of Flutie jerseys, and because it was my brithday...Bill Pucko from R News Rochester  decided to make me the "camper of the day" and put me on that evening's news. 

He asked "So, young man, why do you have a Rob Johnson jersey on today?". I replied something to the effect of "I believe he is going to be the future of the Buffalo Bills!". Sure enough, it aired that night, on a loop, on R News.

So yeah, there's archival footage of me on the news, in a Rob Johnson jersey, predicting that he'd be the future of the team. Woof!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Logic said:

At the height of the Johnson - Flutie debate, I went to training camp. I was 12. It was my Birthday. I wore my Rob Johnson jersey. BECAUSE I was the only kid there with a Johnson jersey, amidst a sea of Flutie jerseys, and because it was my brithday...Bill Pucko from R News Rochester  decided to make me the "camper of the day" and put me on that evening's news. 

He asked "So, young man, why do you have a Rob Johnson jersey on today?". I replied something to the effect of "I believe he is going to be the future of the Buffalo Bills!". Sure enough, it aired that night, on a loop, on R News.

So yeah, there's archival footage of me on the news, in a Rob Johnson jersey, predicting that he'd be the future of the team. Woof!

I'd love to see that interview.

I was pretty upset that we drafted Allen over Rosen, but for some reason (because he is a Bill), I like him more now. 

I thought for sure Trent was a future franchise qb, and when people knocked his arm strength, I would point to the one long throw to Evans against Miami in a snowy game in Buffalo.  I think Trent had 4 TDS that game despite throwing less than 50% and 160 yards or so.  I also thought TO would be a great weapon for Trent and both would have great seasons. 

I thought Losman was the next Favre.  Strong arm, gun slinger mentality.

I thought once healed, McGahee would be great.  He had a decent 2004 season.  Don’t remember much of 2005 or 2006 season though.  Basically, I was wrong. 

I thought Fred Jackson took too many carries from Spiller.  Yeah, I may get flamed for that one.  

I thought the NE game in 2011 meant we were playoff bound because a bad team couldn’t beat NE.  I ignored the 4 INTs and still barely winning as a sign that it was an anomaly. 

I also thougt brady wouldn’t be the same after his injury.  He probably got even better.  

I thought Watkins would be our Julio Jones type receiver (who I hear we may get according to the other thread).  Who would’ve thought he be on 3 teams in 5 seasons.

I thought Mark Anderson would get 10+ sacks opposite Mario.  

I also thought Merriman would resurrect his career here.

I thought Ko Simpson and Whitner would give us the best safety tandem in the league for many years to come.

Shall I go on?  

Basically, I apparently know nothing about football, would suck as a talent evaluator, and nobody should ever take my opinion to mean anything other than the opposite.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Logic said:

Further demonstrating that you are the most misnamed poster here.  

My sin: an oldie but a doozie.  In 1988, I told someone that Robb Riddick was better than Thurman Thomas.

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Logic said:

In a way, you were right. RJ was below-average but occasionally looked good enough to fool people into thinking he was competent. That pretty much describes the Bills for the 18 subsequent years.

My 11 confessions are as follows:

I confess that I was the author of the "Karlos is key" thread -because he would have been if he stayed mentally and physically healthy. (Also put that in the thread)

I confess that I despised Fitz, Chan Gailey, and protested the Rex Ryan hire from minute 1.

I confess that I didn't want Jim Schwartz initially, but was broken when he left :cry:

I confess that I thought Tyrod was an excellent pickup, but not a long-term solution.

I confess that I still have "what if" moments in regards to Brandon Kaufman, and Brad Smith.

I confess that I have little faith in Brian Daboll's ability to: A) Groom a young QB. B) Field and coordinate an effective NFL offense.

I confess that I wasn't impressed with McBeane's first Bills draft.

I confess that I still root for Cardale.

I confess that I think Drew Stanton is the best QB on Cleveland's roster.

I confess that I think Stanford's Dave Shaw should be an NFL HC (possibly ours, -we'll see.)

I confess that I did not want Allen in the first round. (Or any QB.)

4 minutes ago, #34fan said:

My 11 confessions are as follows:

I confess that I was the author of the "Karlos is key" thread -because he would have been if he stayed mentally and physically healthy. (Also put that in the thread)

I confess that I despised Fitz, Chan Gailey, and protested the Rex Ryan hire from minute 1.

I confess that I didn't want Jim Schwartz initially, but was broken when he left :cry:

I confess that I thought Tyrod was an excellent pickup, but not a long-term solution.

I confess that I still have "what if" moments in regards to Brandon Kaufman, and Brad Smith.

I confess that I have little faith in Brian Daboll's ability to: A) Groom a young QB. B) Field and coordinate an effective NFL offense.

I confess that I wasn't impressed with McBeane's first Bills draft.

I confess that I still root for Cardale.

I confess that I think Drew Stanton is the best QB on Cleveland's roster.

I confess that I think Stanford's Dave Shaw should be an NFL HC (possibly ours, -we'll see.)

I confess that I did not want Allen in the first round. (Or any QB.)

You seem to be having a hard time grasping the concept of this thread.

• Haha (+1) 1

My biggest one is that I was convinced Shaq Lawson's handwork would more than compensate his lack of initial burst and make him a legimitate pass rush threat in the NFL.

I thought Marquise Goodwin completely sucked. In Kyle Shanahan's offense he showed he was at least a capable player.

I did like EJ the best of the 2013 QB class as well, although I didn't think any were great. 

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

You seem to be having a hard time grasping the concept of this thread.

Not really.

By the way, I confess to envenomating the occasional thread with my own personal agendas.

17 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Oh don't worry I have your Brandon Kaufman and Brad Smith love letters saved for all eternity #34. And the posts where you thought Cardale should be a 1st round Quarterback. 

:)

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Oh don't worry I have your Brandon Kaufman and Brad Smith love letters saved for all eternity #34. And the posts where you thought Cardale should be a 1st round Quarterback. 

:)

Feel free to delete those at your earliest convenience.

Edited by #34fan