Bleacher Report has Allen with 12 starts

Commish

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I understand where you're coming from, many others feel the same way about the offense, but to me.....last years offense was just so bad.  It was one of the worst I've seen in my time as a Bills fan.  We scored 28 TD's as an offense.  The 2001 team that went 3-13 scored 27.  I actually see an improvement in total TD's scored this year.  

That's a really good point. I guess in my opinion, this year offense (on paper) looks worse than last years so I don't think it would be fair to throw Josh into that

16 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I just don't see the Bills having enough talent on offense this year to be that competitive. I would rather let Josh sit a year and let the Bills add talent in the offseason so he is in the best position when he starts next year

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I understand where you're coming from, many others feel the same way about the offense, but to me.....last years offense was just so bad.  It was one of the worst I've seen in my time as a Bills fan.  We scored 28 TD's as an offense.  The 2001 team that went 3-13 scored 27.  I actually see an improvement in total TD's scored this year.  

6 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

That's a really good point. I guess in my opinion, this year offense (on paper) looks worse than last years so I don't think it would be fair to throw Josh into that

Don't forget the difference a competent OC can make.  Dennison was so bad it's scary.  But thanks, Royale, for bringing up something I've been thinking -- the offense last year was gawd-awful outside of Shady, which is why I'm stunned that people think this year's O will be worse.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I just don't see the Bills having enough talent on offense this year to be that competitive. I would rather let Josh sit a year and let the Bills add talent in the offseason so he is in the best position when he starts next year

isn't game experience better than sitting all year? There is some talent on the offense....maybe not big name players but this is not a 4 win team....defense and kicking game will be good

29 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

You would be in my scenario (P-man or McC are performing well and the team is winning games).

I do want to see Allen, most definitely I do, but only, god forbid, when the team is out of contention.  To me, twelve starts means that offensively the team was offensive for the first four games. That is not something I look forward to.

I get what you're saying, but I'm hoping for the opposite. To me the absolute best case scenario would be Allen wins the job in camp and it isn't close, then goes on to start all 16 games because he is playing well and the team is winning and McCarron/Peterman are the guys who aren't needed.

45 minutes ago, eball said:

Don't forget the difference a competent OC can make.  Dennison was so bad it's scary.  But thanks, Royale, for bringing up something I've been thinking -- the offense last year was gawd-awful outside of Shady, which is why I'm stunned that people think this year's O will be worse.

I like Daboll and I expect our offense to be better this year. But it isn't hard to envision it being worse. Imagine last year's offense but with worse protection and more turnovers. That is well within the realm of possibilities.

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I like Daboll and I expect our offense to be better this year. But it isn't hard to envision it being worse. Imagine last year's offense but with worse protection and more turnovers. That is well within the realm of possibilities.

There will almost certainly be more turnovers.  But in every other aspect (TDs, yards, points) I expect the 2018 offense to surpass 2017.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I hope it's 16 and I hope it's because he's far and away the best QB on the roster and one of the best in the league.

42 minutes ago, eball said:

Pretty well-reasoned article (about all six QBs).  I hope the number for Allen is 16, however.

20? ;)

BR has no idea...none of us do. 

There's still so much that needs to be decided that, even if no injury to AJ or Nate, you just cannot predict this stuff. But I get it; it's the worst time of the year in the NFL, and that these media outlets have to put something out there to keep the money flowing.

I do think that it makes sense to predict that Allen will start at some point this year, since he was drafted early, and that it's not outlandish to think that this will be a "down" year, but it's also not crazy to think that Nate might be second in line, just so the coaches can see if how he's progressed and if he's worth keeping around after this year. The first quarter of the season looks really tough on paper, so it may be evident that the Bills are out of it earlier than we might like, but that will allow the staff to see what they have in Nate and Allen over the course of the last 8-10 games. Not that I want it to play out that way, but if that's how the season starts, it's probably the approach the Bills would take at that point.

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I see absolutely nothing to be excited about for McCarron or Peterman -ever. Which means a lengthy return to the Pre-‘17 Bills. So, yeah, I’m on board for getting a long look at the rook and seeing encouraging play among many mistakes. If we’re not building for consistent contention, we’re back tracking.

You aren’t an Honorary Canadian, are you?

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Bleacher Report. LOL!  

While imperfect, this ain’t your daddy’s bleacher report Doc.

1 hour ago, Chandemonium said:

I get what you're saying, but I'm hoping for the opposite. To me the absolute best case scenario would be Allen wins the job in camp and it isn't close, then goes on to start all 16 games because he is playing well and the team is winning and McCarron/Peterman are the guys who aren't needed.

I’m down wit dat.

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Protection won't be much worse....

If Allen starts at week whatever like everyone wants then there was a huge mistake evaluating talent and the QBs acquired.  One of the dumbest things one can hope for. If he wins the job in camp then great. 

Edited by nedboy7

8 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I hope its Zero too

Yes Zed.E.R.O

2 hours ago, transient said:

I'm hoping Allen wins the QB competition outright, starts all 19, and has the kind of rookie year with Shady that Pumpkinhead Rapethlisberger had with "the Bus."

This^