Best MNF game the Bills were in?

9 hours ago, SMAKCruiser said:

To flip the topic a bit, the worst one I ever saw was in 1993 vs the Steelers.  23-0 loss and we were gashed in the run game by Leroy Thompson

No, the worst was the October 8, 2007 loss to the Cowboys http://www.espn.com/nfl/game?gameId=271008002. It was a classic Bills drought era game where the Bills snatched a defeat from the jaws of victory game.  The Bills had no business losing it but due to an inept offense, they did.

12 hours ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

I’ve been to two Monday night games, both wins. The Miami game in ‘81, 31-21, just a year after ending the 0 for the 70’s against the Fish. And ‘89 against the Rams, Frank Reich’s first start, Rams were undefeated going in. Reich sucked until the very end of the game. He had two short touchdown passes in the last 3 minutes, the Rams scoring in between. Bills won 24-20 to go to 4-2.

Here’s a listing of all of Buffalo’s Monday night games.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/bills-news-notes/2015/11/16/9746950/buffalo-bills-monday-night-football-history-all-40-and-counting-games

I was at that game in '81 too, we killed them in the first half and won it on cruise control in the second. 

That first half was about the best time I ever had at Rich Stadium (don't remember much of the 2nd half though).

4 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Probably plenty of people here weren't around for the Raiders game.   It wasn't just that Rashad scored a late TD and the Raiders missed a field goal on the final play.

Rashad scored the go-ahead TD with under 2 minutes left.   The Bills' defense held and got the ball left.   The Bills just need to run out the clock.  The Raiders stripped the ball from the Bills' fullback (James Braxton?) and returned it 65 yards to retake the lead.  So the Bills drove AGAIN with Rashad getting his SECOND TD in the last two minutes.  

My wife fell asleep with ten minutes left.   I couldn't sleep for two hours. 

Cowboys games was probably the best game I've ever seen live, and I was at Super Bowl XXV.   The crowd was absolutely electric.   The stadium was shaking.   The Bills defense was unprepared to win the game on the final plays.   They literally GAVE the Cowboys two sideline completions to set up the losing field goal.   Still, the game was unbelievable.  

I listened to this game on the radio and it was electric!

15 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Bengals Bills 10/21/91.  Sam Wyche goes ape$h!t, running onto the field to chew out the ref after Lofton pushes off for a huge Bills TD.  Bills win going away 35-16.  I never had more fun at a live Bills game.

Is that the game Kelly threw 3 INTs in the first half?

The Raiders '74 game and the Rams '89 game were basically the same great game - tied for best MNF game.  The star was out - OJ/Kelly.............Bills scored to take the lead.  Then the other team shockingly scores - Braxton fumble/Flipper 80 yarder..............Can't believe the Bills lost - we had it!....................And, then they come back against all odds, and score again!  (The Rams game, Reich was horrible in what I think was his first start - we figured he got lucky on one drive - no way is going to be able to do it again - but he did!)

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

I was there!

As was I. 

I was in the upper deck in the last row. You could turn around and see all the people leaving the stadium, and when Rashad scored, all the people who left were looking back thinking "what?"

Great game.

15 hours ago, vorpma said:

Wyche was in the end zone going at it, only time I think that has ever happened in the NFL, hilarious! 

He had an argument... Lofton created about 5 yards space.

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

Is that the game Kelly threw 3 INTs in the first half?

Yes

19 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

It's easy to argue this one. Losing that way in the last couple of minutes makes me never want to see that game again.

So happy with the new culture that McD is bringing to the locker room. He's changing the mindset where we played too tight at the end of games where we had the lead and gave it away. No way this can be our best MNF game when we choked like that in front of a national audience. 

To each his own. From a football standpoint, it was an amazing game from start to finish. So many exciting, spectacular plays. I was completely, agonizingly drained at the end. It was pure torture that we lost, sure, but it was the best pure game given all that happened.

1988 when the Bills kicked Miami's ass 31-6.

One of the sweetest regular season wins for me.

Also, that same season when they buried the Jets 37-14 in the Meadowlands. I was there as a 16 year old when beach balls were all over the place and the Jets fans were trying to burn down Giants stadium. Another sweet victory in the 1988 season.

Just now, njbuff said:

1988 when the Bills kicked Miami's ass 31-6 down there in Miami.

One of the sweetest regular season wins for me.

Also, that same season when they buried the Jets 37-14 in the Meadowlands. I was there as a 16 year old when beach balls were all over the place and the Jets fans were trying to burn down Giants stadium. Another sweet victory in the 1988 season.

On 6/22/2018 at 1:59 PM, I'm Spartacus said:

I also think there was a MNF game against the Vikings where a Buffalo fan hit Chuck Foreman in the face with a snow ball.....

No, that was the last game of the 1975 season.  It was a Saturday game, which BTW, didn't sell out and was blacked out in WNY.

30 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

That buffalo mascot at 49:16...I remember that thing.  Simply awful yet strangely appealing.   

Few are aware the 'pantomime Bison' escaped or was stolen from the Monty Python 'pantomime horse/goose/Princess Margaret' sketch.  It is speculated that this is why London gets an annual NFL game.

On 6/21/2018 at 11:53 PM, Marv's Neighbor said:

9/16/74    BILLS 21 Raiders 20.  Ferguson to Rashad TD.  Blanda missed a 50yd FG on final play.  Good times!

This for me...and there is no close second.  Awesome game that I was fortunate to attend as a teen, and will never forget. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

No, that was the last game of the 1975 season.  It was a Saturday game, which BTW, didn't sell out and was blacked out in WNY.

prelude to the blackout of the Comeback playoff game against Houston

I remember that game, OP, but I'd pick that game in Buffalo against the Raiders on MNF after OJ threatened to retire and Ralph went to LA to talk him into staying. He returned days before that MNF week 1 game and lit up the Raiders in a blowout win for the Bills.

Oh and there was that game in the early 90's in NJ when Jets fans were so upset that one guy tried to burn down the stadium. Remember that one? Mark Gastineau retired the next day in humiliation, or was it Klecko?

Edited by GreggTX