Best MNF game the Bills were in?

5 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

October 1973, the Bills won over KC and some Tiberius scurried across the cable over the stadium..

OJ hit 1000 yards in game 7 and Howard and Dandy Don out among the fans firing them up, great night!

16 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

The 1974 season opener against the Raiders is the best football game I have ever witnessed live.  Or at least tied with the Shot Heard round the World game with Stratton.

Have to agree!

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Bengals Bills 10/21/91.  Sam Wyche goes ape$h!t, running onto the field to chew out the ref after Lofton pushes off for a huge Bills TD.  Bills win going away 35-16.  I never had more fun at a live Bills game.

Wyche was in the end zone going at it, only time I think that has ever happened in the NFL, hilarious! 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, vorpma said:

OJ hit 1000 yards in game 7 and Howard and Dandy Don out among the fans firing them up, great night!

Have to agree!

The KC game in '73 was also great.  But that last two minutes of the Raiders game? Unbelievable.  I was sitting upper deck in the corner of the end zone right where Fergy hit Rashad with the winning TD pass.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

9/16/74    BILLS 21 Raiders 20.  Ferguson to Rashad TD.  Blanda missed a 50yd FG on final play.  Good times!

I was there...13 year old kid......what an exciting incredible game

Worst one was the 11/26/90 game at the Astrodome.  Bills proceeded to get massively hosed by the refs in a 27-24 loss against the Oilers.    For those who remember, on 1 play there was a situation where an Oiler receiver caught the ball on a key 3rd down, was immediately hit, fumbled and was recovered by the Bills (may have been returned for a touchdown).  On review, they ruled that it was a completed pass and forward progress was stopped prior to the fumble, giving Houston the first down.  The officiating was so blatantly bad that Saturday Night Live made a skit - the Referee Pitman show with John Goodman the following Saturday Night.  Good luck on finding footage.  I think the NFL pulled all videos of this game because the fix was clearly in. 

8 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Found highlights of this awesome game.  Rams were 5-0 going into it.

Only MNF games I have a memory of though are the 07 Cowboys game and the Seahawks game a few years ago.  The 2000 Titans game the first year of the drought may have been?  I remember it being at night. 

You're killing me !  I was at this game.  It was awesome but.....sadly, since it was a work night we'd left after the TD catch by Flipper Anderson so we missed (but heard the roar) the winning TD.  Will forever regret leaving that one early.

8 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

I was there!

Ditto. Also the previous year (‘73), our 1st MNF game vs KC. Not as thrilling an ending, but more thrilling to be there. OJ topped 1000 yrds in game 7 and the Quest for 2K was on!

9 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

9/16/74    BILLS 21 Raiders 20.  Ferguson to Rashad TD.  Blanda missed a 50yd FG on final play.  Good times!

Odd fact: the game didn't sell out in time and was blacked out in WNY

6 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

some Tiberius scurried across the cable over the stadium..

You may be thinking here of the 1975 MNF game against the Giants.  Another MNF game that was blacked out in WNY.

The first MNF game against the Chiefs and the Raiders (Ahmad Rashad) game both came to mind. I was at both. Younger fans missed out but the story lives on through us older fans. MNF was a huge deal when it started back in the 70s. The Bills had a shiny new stadium and the most famous athlete on the planet at the time in OJ. So for a few hours....it felt like Buffalo NY was the center of the world.

I remember going to a night game in the strike shortened 1982 season against the Vikings.  It was not on the list as it was a Thursday night.  My brother's favorite team at that time was the Vikings and Buffalo came back to win the game by one point after trailing 19-0.  My brother wasn't happy but it sure was exciting in what turned out to be a horrible year for the NFL with the strike.

9 hours ago, mannc said:

RWS was absolutely electric that night.  Beautiful early October evening, too.

Some Dallas honk yelled “break his neck!” and I went off because Kevin Everett had just been carted off a few weeks before. Shamed him right out of our section. 

Might have been the Miller High Lifes, might have been the beautiful evening. Either way, DON’T disrespect our house. 

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

The KC game in '73 was also great.  But that last two minutes of the Raiders game? Unbelievable.  I was sitting upper deck in the corner of the end zone right where Fergy hit Rashad with the winning TD pass.

Can't argue, it was exciting!

1 hour ago, Ned Flanders said:

You may be thinking here of the 1975 MNF game against the Giants.  Another MNF game that was blacked out in WNY.

I didn't go to the high wire act game, so I'm probably wrong.

But I did see someone cross it. Must have been a concert.