Mock Draft Has Bills Selecting At #1.....

On 6/21/2018 at 7:58 PM, Bill from NYC said:

https://247sports.com/Gallery/Bleacher-Report-unveils-early-2019-NFL-mock-draft-117815924/GallerySlides/?ftag=ACQ-07-10aac1c&vndid=AD_VARIANT_ID

and selecting a DT.

I don't place much stock in this but we couldn't be dumb enough to waste a #1 pick. Could we?

No, they clearly wouldn't pick a DT #1.  They will surely take a DB at #1 instead.

Kidding!  Kidding!  That aside....I have faith in McDermott's coaching to keep us out of top-5 pick contention unless they let Allen start and he's 2 picks per game while learning....but I DO think there's a reason Beane fought hard to keep our entire draft board next year, and it's not because they intend to be in Superbowl contention.

On 6/21/2018 at 9:01 PM, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

If they really had the #1 overall, likely there will be some QB next year with that high a draft level that could trade with another team for a bundle of picks

if we are in that position, this is exactly what i would be hoping for.

I'll wait to see how the Bills actually finish and how all of these prospects play out this year. I still think LB/ OL or WR will be our first round pick next year.

#1 seems ridiculous, I could see 5-11 or 6-10 a real possibility due to all the changes on the offensive side of the ball, but this Defense should be top 10 in most defensive rankings. A stout defense and Shady and the other RBs should eke out 5-7 wins IMO. If 5-7 wins puts you at #1 overall I'll take it in rebuild year #2.

On 6/21/2018 at 9:01 PM, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

If they really had the #1 overall, likely there will be some QB next year with that high a draft level that could trade with another team for a bundle of picks

...just curious to know what it cost to trade up from let's say 24?.......

1 hour ago, greeneblitz said:

so idiotic to talk about the Bills and being the worst team this year, but I know it has more to do with either unwarrented Tyrod Talor love or unwarrented Josh Allen hate

Completely agree with you, except, last year at this time, how many people had the Giants with the #2 overall pick??