Mock Draft Has Bills Selecting At #1.....

13 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Mock Drafts in June are about as silly as posters here being adamant that there wouldn't be 4 QB's taken in the Top 10 this year...

No, they’re much worse.

Not as bad as Australians talking football, but close.

Edited by Jay_Fixit

5 hours ago, Like A Mofo said:

The Mock draft people sometimes are clueless: This one has 3 AFC East teams picking 1-2-4: I saw another one where they have Buffalo Jets and Miami 1-2-3, that is NOT gonna happen: These teams will win games against each other and at least win 5 or so.

Do some homework.

Math and common sense are hard for some people.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

If they really had the #1 overall, likely there will be some QB next year with that high a draft level that could trade with another team for a bundle of picks

They would pull a move similar to what the Titans did the year after they drafted Marcus M. I will say this that the Bills do have the worst QB situation in the league and aren't very talented overall on the offensive side of the football. That being said the defense has top 10 potential. I am not sure the Bills will be bad enough for a top 5 pick unless injuries crush the team. But I do think that this team will likely be a 5-7 win team. As good as the defense could be the offense could be worse. 

That's not to say that I am not optimistic about the teams future. But rather that 2018 is a transitional year. There was significant draft capital given up to trade up for Allen (Glenn and picks 53 and 56) and the front office is eating a lot of dead cap this year to pay for the sins of the previous administration as well as some of their own doing (Wood extension.) But the foundational pieces are there at many key positions and the team will have a windfall of cap space to restructure the roster as needed in 2019 while having a shot at a long-term franchise QB. 

But 2018 my optimism is not there. The O-line, QB and skill position situations just aren't that good and on the defensive side of the ball the pass rush is a question mark. Overall I think the trades to get Allen, Edumonds and the dead cap have compromised the roster a bit too much for the team to be successful in 2018. 

19 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

https://247sports.com/Gallery/Bleacher-Report-unveils-early-2019-NFL-mock-draft-117815924/GallerySlides/?ftag=ACQ-07-10aac1c&vndid=AD_VARIANT_ID

and selecting a DT.

I don't place much stock in this but we couldn't be dumb enough to waste a #1 pick. Could we?

Hi Bill! Great to see a thread from you!

I DO believe we’ll suck this year -even if Allen starts from Game One and ‘The Process’ continues to nurture. Just don’t see enough talent yet to truly compete. But 1st Overall? IDK, but unless there’s a Bruce Smith, trade it away for many picks.

19 hours ago, whatdrought said:

The worst part of this would be taking Lawrence over Oliver. But no, if we end up #1 we either want to jump back or take Bosa. (Way too early take)

I think they definitely go Oliver over Bosa 

1. If there is a player that stands head and shoulders above the rest, draft him. I don't care what position he plays.

2. #1 overall pick? We just don't know at this point, but I really doubt we'll have the 1st overall pick. Then again, this far out, we could come close.

1 hour ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

Greedy Williams is great, but he’s not #1 overall great. There’s another guy on LSU’s defense named Devin White that I would think is more worthy.

I started posting about him here after the Auburn game last year. This may sound like hyperbole but I think that Devin White has a chance to be a HOFer. He is huge and runs a 4.4. He makes a zillion plays. White will be a star.

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I started posting about him here after the Auburn game last year. This may sound like hyperbole but I think that Devin White has a chance to be a HOFer. He is huge and runs a 4.4. He makes a zillion plays. White will be a star.

Agreed! We’ve had Debo Jones, Beckwith, Duke Riley, and Kwon Alexander go into the league lately and are solid starters, and Devin White is the best of them all. Definitely the most disruptive for sure.

Because he’s so athletic, he’d probably be our starting running back this year if he wasn’t so good at linebacker.

8 hours ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Next year's QB class will rival that of 2013 as one of the worst ever.

But that could make the pick worth more.  This year was it worth trading up to #1 overall or even #2?  Probably not as had a choice between 4 to 5 with none standing head and shoulders above the rest.  Next year if only one good one, pick could be worth more.

Or could be only one good one, but even the one isn't good enough to move up that far to get. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

But that could make the pick worth more.  This year was it worth trading up to #1 overall or even #2?  Probably not as had a choice between 4 to 5 with none standing head and shoulders above the rest.  Next year if only one good one, pick could be worth more.

Or could be only one good one, but even the one isn't good enough to move up that far to get. 

Like I said, a lot can happen in the next 10 months, but I don't think any of them will be very good. I don't think any of them will be worthy of a top 10 pick, although based on the importance of the position, some team may gamble. 

Hypothetically speaking, I think the best QB coming out next year would have been the 5th or 6th QB drafted this year. 

On 6/21/2018 at 9:02 PM, whatdrought said:

The worst part of this would be taking Lawrence over Oliver. But no, if we end up #1 we either want to jump back or take Bosa. (Way too early take)

I've seen more than one mock projecting Ed Oliver to the Bills at #1 overall.  That makes more sense.  Lawrence would seem to be a one tech nose tackle.  Buffalo signed Lotulelei to a multi-year deal, and the one technique is his position.  The reports are that Harrison Phillips' skill set is more suited to one tech as well, even though he's on the light side for the position.  Ed Oliver at least fits the 3 tech spot where Kyle Williams' retirement will create a huge hole.  I'll be shocked if the Bills are picking #1 overall in any case.