Mock Draft Has Bills Selecting At #1.....

4 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

https://247sports.com/Gallery/Bleacher-Report-unveils-early-2019-NFL-mock-draft-117815924/GallerySlides/?ftag=ACQ-07-10aac1c&vndid=AD_VARIANT_ID

and selecting a DT.

I don't place much stock in this but we couldn't be dumb enough to waste a #1 pick. Could we?

Depends if the guy was good enough to spend the money and draft pick on. In general I'd rather see them trade down.

7 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

They also have the Bills, Dolphins and Jets all picking in the top 4. I'm embarrassed that I took this seriously for even a second.

I don't even have to look to see who is picking 32 do i?  

(We need a "balls in mouth emoji," just sayin')

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Another idiotic summation from one of the too many wannabes who throw themselves out there to look credible with these dime a dozen sport websites.

Most likely work for near nothing and their Moms let them live rent free.

kind of reminds me of the nonstop 5 pick posters.......?

9 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They are going to have 4 1st round DL next year!! One of my good friends is a Clemson alum and the president of their alumni association here. He’s a diehard. I asked him last week to rank the 4 of them as NFL players and he said: Lawrence, Ferrell, Wilkins, Bryant. 

Obviously there's a whole college season left to unfold, and you know as well as anyone how much can change, but I can tell you that I've never seen a DL class with even close to this level of talent.

The Clemson 4, Oliver, Bosa, Jaylon Ferguson, and even Rashan Gary are guys that could easily be top-15 picks most years.

Also, where the heck is Julian Love in this mock?

• Like (+1) 1

Anything is possible with injuries and if the Bills feel like they want to start the rookie QB week 1. But I think if this team stays healthy that the improved defense and Shady alone will win enough games to be around 6-10. If Allen comes in and plays like Wilson did his first season we could be in the playoffs again. 

The Mock draft people sometimes are clueless: This one has 3 AFC East teams picking 1-2-4: I saw another one where they have Buffalo Jets and Miami 1-2-3, that is NOT gonna happen: These teams will win games against each other and at least win 5 or so.

Do some homework.

12 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Another idiotic summation from one of the too many wannabes who throw themselves out there to look credible with these dime a dozen sport websites.

Most likely work for near nothing and their Moms let them live rent free.

Interestingly enough - none of this makes them much different from the "professionals" at places like NFLN or the Buffalo News.

Oh btw, there is ZERO CHANCE the Bills pick first.

Edited by BobChalmers

15 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

If they really had the #1 overall, likely there will be some QB next year with that high a draft level that could trade with another team for a bundle of picks

Next year's QB class will rival that of 2013 as one of the worst ever. 

I know a lot can change between now and then, but look at the crop. It's pretty bad, and I think that McBeane saw the same thing, which may have put more emphasis on drafting a QB in 2018.

6 hours ago, Foxx said:

a box of chocolates?

what do i win, Alex?

You forgot to answer in the form of a question. YOU LOSE!

• Like (+1) 1

Personally I prefer to have a good OL in place before putting a rookie QB out there.

If this OL cannot prevent Josh Allen from taking off and throwing off his back foot etc.., then start Peterman and let him get beaten up, and fix the OL for next year...