NFL suspends Jameis Winston for 3 games

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...think you need to give credit where credit is due....appears to have moved on from crab LEGS to just "between 'em" now......progress, right?......."crabs" may still be an issue though........

Maybe the rocket surgeon could prescribe something...?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Oh okay. no worries then Jameis. carry on

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I wouldn't be surprised if his IQ was below 90.  Seriously.

suggesting he is diminished in his faculties of reason ?  possible.
is that directly equated to intelligence quotient ?

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Who is Ryan Griffin?

" The suspension leaves Ryan Fitzpatrick and Ryan Griffin to battle for the temporary starting spot. The Bucs also have Austin Allen on the roster. "

I know there are two schools of thought on "character issues." Some don't really care, as long as they win games. I'm not like that, myself. I want to like the guys I'm a fan of, and to me, character matters. And, Winston is one low-character guy. I'm glad he's not a Bill.

Winston has shown throughout his time on this earth a disturbing pattern of behavior. With this Uber incident it leads you to wonder about the rape case that was never made. I have friends in the area who say that it was swept under the rug in the name of the program. There may be truth to that as things continue to surround this young man. I'm glad he's not in Buffalo and I bet the Bucs regret passing on Mariota right about now. 

28 minutes ago, H2o said:

Winston has shown throughout his time on this earth a disturbing pattern of behavior. With this Uber incident it leads you to wonder about the rape case that was never made. I have friends in the area who say that it was swept under the rug in the name of the program. There may be truth to that as things continue to surround this young man. I'm glad he's not in Buffalo and I bet the Bucs regret passing on Mariota right about now. 

It may or may not have been a prosecutable rape case, but it was 100% swept under the rug by the authorities in Tallahassee.  Their investigation was straight out of  “Major Strasser has been shot. Round up the Usual Suspects”.

The most important part of the settlement for Winston may be the mandatory evaluation and the requirement to fulfill any recommended therapeutic treatment.  If one of your ex WR is willing to say “he’s not right in the head” about a QB, he’s probably really not right in the head.  The problem with being a privileged athlete comp’ed crab legs and whatever else at Publix and protected from consequences by fervent LEO fans who “slowball” investigations on your behalf is, sooner or later it wears off leaving behind a guy who has no idea how to handle normal life.

• Like (+1) 3

On 6/21/2018 at 6:37 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

Hmmmmm...

I say dangle AJ and see if they bite.  Winston still has not blossomed into the guy they had hoped and is very mistake prone.  Now add in offseason stuff, they might have interest in a guy like AJ who has upside that could potentially blossom into a Winston replacement.  

If we could move AJ for a decent draft pick right now, I would do it.  Like if we could get a 3rd, do it.  I mean he was about to fetch multiple picks last season that included a 2nd so its not out of the question.  AJ could be some insurance with upside for them, and with how well Allen is progressing and the staff apparently liking what they see in Peterman, I would just do it.  

some interesting thinking here.  I'd do it for a 2nd.  no lower.  

12 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

I know there are two schools of thought on "character issues." Some don't really care, as long as they win games. I'm not like that, myself. I want to like the guys I'm a fan of, and to me, character matters. And, Winston is one low-character guy. I'm glad he's not a Bill.

depends on what the character issues are.  sexual assault, no thanks.  public drunken person, or just a jerk, I can deal w/ that on my team.  

• Like (+1) 1

This odd habit of the NFL playing the role of a quasi-judicial body has to stop.

Did Winston commit a crime?  Then let the authorities put him in jail.

If he did not, let him play.

Who the F is the NFL to be handing out determinations on people's conduct one way or the other?

What is this, some S. American banana republic?

I get that a certain percentage of NFL players, at all times, are thugs, and this creates image problems that impedes the NFL's cash flow...but let the court system function on its own!

48 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Thank god he didn’t kneel!!!  Jameis is one of the dumbest human beings alive.  Too bad he couldn’t have EJ’s personality.  Winston has the ability to be an all time great.  

It wouldn't be an NFL suspension thread without Kaep's agent making an appearance.

Is he your only client or something?

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Thank god he didn’t kneel!!!  Jameis is one of the dumbest human beings alive.  Too bad he couldn’t have EJ’s personality.  Winston has the ability to be an all time great.  

Say what?

He has a LONG way to go before he catches up to the likes of Darren Sharper..

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

It wouldn't be an NFL suspension thread without Kaep's agent making an appearance.

Is he your only client or something?

Haha, it’s just so stupid the nfl and fans care more about fake patriotism than sexual predators!   Can’t wait to draft Winston and Joe Mixon next year in fantasy!

25 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Say what?

He has a LONG way to go before he catches up to the likes of Darren Sharper..

Did you read the Sharper story?  It’s freaking nuts.  Dude was all over the US knocking women out, even his girlfriends.  So crazy.

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha, it’s just so stupid the nfl and fans care more about fake patriotism than sexual predators!   Can’t wait to draft Winston and Joe Mixon next year in fantasy!

Did you read the Sharper story?  It’s freaking nuts.  Dude was all over the US knocking women out, even his girlfriends.  So crazy.

They do?  As far as I know, not a single protester during the anthem last year was suspended or even punished by the NFL.  

WTF are you talking about?