NFL suspends Jameis Winston for 3 games

On 6/21/2018 at 11:08 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Civil suit maybe?  Several articles claim there was no police report filed.  The Uber driver in question went public with the claims last November - to Buzzfeed.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/06/21/nfl-to-suspend-jameis-winston-for-allegedly-grabbing-female-uber-drivers-crotch-report-says.html

Kate said she filed a complaint with Uber after her ride with Winston, but declined to file charges because "I didn’t want to be publicly known as the woman who Jameis Winston groped."

I know there is a lot of harassment and sexual assault that is unreported or if reported, disbelieved and if believed, under-penalized - Brock Turner, 3 months, just sayin.

But I also think this kind of two years after-the-fact "Trial By Buzzfeed" is absolute bullcrap and should NOT be allowed to influence the NFL's discipline process.   If someone who is assaulted wants to pursue a remedy for an assault - report it to thhe law after it happens. 

Let the police investigate, get names & statements while events are fresh in people's minds.    But trial-by-social-media seguing into career consequences is just as nuts (in the other direction) as Brock Turner, 3 months.

And last but not least, 18 months after the fact, now she DOES want to be known as "the woman Jameis Winston groped"?  What changed? 

She did report to the company right after it happened.  I know she could have called the police but she did do something 

Edited by Skins Malone

Just now, Skins Malone said:

She did report to the company right after it happened.  I know she could have called the police but she did report to the company right after it happened.  

And per Winston, they cancelled his Uber account, so apparently they felt there was a credible issue.  But who knows whether and what kind of investigation they did.

Of course (looping back to other issues) who knows what kind of investigation the police would have done (or not done).

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

And per Winston, they cancelled his Uber account, so apparently they felt there was a credible issue.  But who knows whether and what kind of investigation they did.

Of course (looping back to other issues) who knows what kind of investigation the police would have done (or not done).

Do we know if the police are investigating or is it to late now?

21 hours ago, NY Nole said:

I do not pretend to know what happened with this UBER driver - but you are inaccurate with your assessment of the college incident. There is way more to the story that you do not reference/know that had a big impact on the woman’s criminal complaint.

You mean how both the FSU and Tallahassee PDs conspired to obstruct justice by getting statements from "witnesses"  (his teammates who were there--including Darby) and sharing them with Winston's attorney before the DA investigators could talk to them?

And when this UBER story broke LAST year, guess who was one of the "friends" who said he was with Darby in the Uber....that's right, his cover man, Ron Darby.

22 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You mean how both the FSU and Tallahassee PDs conspired to obstruct justice by getting statements from "witnesses"  (his teammates who were there--including Darby) and sharing them with Winston's attorney before the DA investigators could talk to them?

And when this UBER story broke LAST year, guess who was one of the "friends" who said he was with Darby in the Uber....that's right, his cover man, Ron Darby.

Cris Carter approves 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 6/22/2018 at 7:03 PM, YoloinOhio said:

hmmm...fishy

then add in the Talahassee government literally covering for the star QB who is being accused of rape.....

if it quacks like a duck

and sounds like a duck........

Edited by TBBills Fan

14 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

hmmm...fishy

then add in the Talahassee government literally covering for the star QB who is being accused of rape.....

if it quacks like a duck

....would that be a crab legs pun?....just askin'................

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

hmmm...fishy

if it quacks like a duck

does it float like a duck ?

yep , something is surely not right here.

I mentioned it above some pages back.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/21/2018 at 6:37 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

Hmmmmm...

I say dangle AJ and see if they bite.  Winston still has not blossomed into the guy they had hoped and is very mistake prone.  Now add in offseason stuff, they might have interest in a guy like AJ who has upside that could potentially blossom into a Winston replacement.  

If we could move AJ for a decent draft pick right now, I would do it.  Like if we could get a 3rd, do it.  I mean he was about to fetch multiple picks last season that included a 2nd so its not out of the question.  AJ could be some insurance with upside for them, and with how well Allen is progressing and the staff apparently liking what they see in Peterman, I would just do it.  

Dangle  P5t5erson instead. There DBs could use practice catching balls.

On 6/21/2018 at 8:52 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

...and should we bring him in for a look after he gets released?

Sounds more of a resume for the Phish....   Maybe he could get job as counselor on Alabama staff. 

On 6/21/2018 at 11:35 PM, MURPHD6 said:

The only problem is that his arm was never strong and every defensive cordinator in the league knows that he can't throw a deep out, so the defenses don't have to defend the entire field. Its the same problem that has dogged him his entire career and why he tends to have melt downs when facing above average defenses. He's a perfect backup though, probably the best of his generation. Fine against half the teams in the league, but that doesnt get you into the playoffs and it probably doesnt win a playoff game.

Take a look at how many long throws he has made. Yes has to put his whole body into it but he can burn teams deep.

That is if you are interested in FACTS.

On 6/22/2018 at 11:09 AM, Sky Diver said:

Fitz is so smart he could have been a rocket surgeon.

Technically it is a space surgeon. It is what medical doctors on space station were.

With all the rockets in Alabama I could see why you were mixed up.

On 6/22/2018 at 3:51 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...exactly Yolo....NO statute of limitations on the NFL Personal Conduct Policy.....Justice Goodell is judge, jury & executioner on HIS time table.....

yes but the Bucs had to know this was coming.  Do you think they consulted with Jim Overdorf on best way to word contract so he does not get penalized by team?

9 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Technically it is a space surgeon. It is what medical doctors on space station were.

With all the rockets in Alabama I could see why you were mixed up.

yes but the Bucs had to know this was coming.  Do you think they consulted with Jim Overdorf on best way to word contract so he does not get penalized by team?

"Rocket surgeon" was a joke based on a previous post in this thread.

Huntsville, AL is known as "Rocket City, USA". It has among the highest concentration of engineers in the country.

https://www.cbsnews.com/media/americas-top-10-tech-cities-arent-on-the-coasts/2/

Edited by Sky Diver
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

"Rocket surgeon" was a joke based on a previous post in this thread.

Huntsville, AL is known as "Rocket City, USA". It has among the highest concentrations of engineers in the country.

https://www.cbsnews.com/media/americas-top-10-tech-cities-arent-on-the-coasts/2/

Isn't Huntsville where NASA originated?