NFL suspends Jameis Winston for 3 games

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Fitz curse! ?

Man, it’s the real deal. Anywhere the dude goes as a backup he’s sees extensive PT. It’s crazy. death, taxes..... and fitz finding his way onto the field ANYWHERE he goes. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, snamsnoops said:

Also did you guys know he wears his wedding ring when he plays went to Harvard and likes his beard!
Figured I get this out the way!

I also heard he did good on the Wonderlic.

Winston just got his 5th year option.  2019 cap hit:  $21 Million.

• Like (+1) 1

I hope Fitzy plays stellar the first 3 games and gets named starter and leads them to the playoffs. I've always loved Fitz, as many bills fans still do, and hope for his sake he can get into the playoffs before retirement 

• Like (+1) 7

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

I hope Fitzy plays stellar the first 3 games and gets named starter and leads them to the playoffs. I've always loved Fitz, as many bills fans still do, and hope for his sake he can get into the playoffs before retirement 

100% agree.  Fitz has had his ups and downs but the dude has always been a solid man.  Hope he lights it up.  He's a smart guy and if his arm is strong he can put up some huge numbers.  We should not have let him go.  Tyrod was too safe.  Fitz was too aggressive.  Would rather have the latter.    At least he took a shot.  

9 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Guessing it was working it's way through the courts.  At some point he settled, the league reviewed the evidence and suspended him.

Civil suit maybe?  Several articles claim there was no police report filed.  The Uber driver in question went public with the claims last November - to Buzzfeed.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/06/21/nfl-to-suspend-jameis-winston-for-allegedly-grabbing-female-uber-drivers-crotch-report-says.html

Kate said she filed a complaint with Uber after her ride with Winston, but declined to file charges because "I didn’t want to be publicly known as the woman who Jameis Winston groped."

I know there is a lot of harassment and sexual assault that is unreported or if reported, disbelieved and if believed, under-penalized - Brock Turner, 3 months, just sayin.

But I also think this kind of two years after-the-fact "Trial By Buzzfeed" is absolute bullcrap and should NOT be allowed to influence the NFL's discipline process.   If someone who is assaulted wants to pursue a remedy for an assault - report it to thhe law after it happens. 

Let the police investigate, get names & statements while events are fresh in people's minds.    But trial-by-social-media seguing into career consequences is just as nuts (in the other direction) as Brock Turner, 3 months.

And last but not least, 18 months after the fact, now she DOES want to be known as "the woman Jameis Winston groped"?  What changed? 

• Like (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Civil suit maybe?  Several articles claim there was no police report filed.  The Uber driver in question went public with the claims last November - to Buzzfeed.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/06/21/nfl-to-suspend-jameis-winston-for-allegedly-grabbing-female-uber-drivers-crotch-report-says.html

Kate said she filed a complaint with Uber after her ride with Winston, but declined to file charges because "I didn’t want to be publicly known as the woman who Jameis Winston groped."

I know there is a lot of harassment and sexual assault that is unreported or if reported, disbelieved and if believed, under-penalized - Brock Turner, 3 months, just sayin.

But I also think this kind of two years after-the-fact "Trial By Buzzfeed" is absolute bullcrap and should NOT be allowed to influence the NFL's discipline process.   If someone who is assaulted wants to pursue a remedy for an assault - report it to thhe law after it happens. 

Let the police investigate, get names & statements while events are fresh in people's minds.    But trial-by-social-media seguing into career consequences is just as nuts (in the other direction) as Brock Turner, 3 months.

And last but not least, 18 months after the fact, now she DOES want to be known as "the woman Jameis Winston groped"?  What changed? 

I thought it was interesting that it was leaked out ahead of time.  Sort of lets the NFL fly a test balloon out there to see if people go nuts and I don't think it was accidental.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Irv said:

100% agree.  Fitz has had his ups and downs but the dude has always been a solid man.  Hope he lights it up.  He's a smart guy and if his arm is strong he can put up some huge numbers.  We should not have let him go.  Tyrod was too safe.  Fitz was too aggressive.  Would rather have the latter.    At least he took a shot.  

The only problem is that his arm was never strong and every defensive cordinator in the league knows that he can't throw a deep out, so the defenses don't have to defend the entire field. Its the same problem that has dogged him his entire career and why he tends to have melt downs when facing above average defenses. He's a perfect backup though, probably the best of his generation. Fine against half the teams in the league, but that doesnt get you into the playoffs and it probably doesnt win a playoff game.

Edited by MURPHD6

35 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I thought it was interesting that it was leaked out ahead of time.  Sort of lets the NFL fly a test balloon out there to see if people go nuts and I don't think it was accidental.

Its not hard not to get accused of groping an uber driver, irregardless of what may or may not have happened.  Simply ride in the back seat and keep your hands on your phone. I do it all the time. Its easy if your an adult.  If you have read some of the things he has said to school kids or the fact that he probably assaulted a student while he was in college it is not unreasonable to assume that he touched the woman inappropriately. Maybe he just wanted to pat her on the leg in a friendly way, maybe (probably)he was trying to flirt. Either way, initiaiting unwanted physical contact with a stranger who is trapped in  a moving car that they can't get out of with you is wrong. He clearly  doesn't understand what consent is, nor does he seem to care to learn.

Edited by MURPHD6
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, MURPHD6 said:

If you have read some of the things he has said to school kids it is not unreasonable to assume that he touched the woman inappropriately.

I hate to break the news to you, but that anecdote is the least of the things in Jameis’s past that make it “not unreasonable to assume he touched the woman inappropriately.”

• Like (+1) 1