NFL suspends Jameis Winston for 3 games

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Fitzpatrick has started multiple games with seven different franchises and never made the playoffs.  That has to be a record.  Plus, he's somehow only 35.

Lets lighten the mood here.  I can’t help of thinking about John Murphy’s great joke about Fitz at the Fred Jackson Roast.  This quote is not exact this was the gist:

“Fred Jackson punished defenders with his rough style of running, while Fitz paid them back with gift wrapped interceptions.”

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

'Cuz in the eyes of the law, he isn't - no charges filed. 

Now, why we let star athletes get a "pass" for CRAB behavior that would get the rest of us charged and fired - another question.

Fixed it for you.?

• Haha (+1) 1

Should have never been drafted #1.   Mariota and Winston were close enough prospects that the off the field issues should have made it a slam dunk to take Marcus.

Koetter and Licht will be fired at the end of the season, and the next regime if they have any sense wont put up with this garbage.   All the talent in the world, probably enough to be a top 10 quarterback in the league but too many headaches. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, here's my problem.  I "get it" that it isn't a legal finding, but when something affects a person's ability to earn a living and reputation, I think there should be a higher standard than what's "unreasonable to assume." 

Edit: if we're talking my personal opinion, I think the guy is probably scum and got comped by the Tallahassee police in the case of his college rape investigation-that-wasn't.  I just don't think personal opinions should drive NFL disciplinary matters, facts and evidence should.

I don't think facts, evidence or personal opinion drives NFL disciplinary matters - public relations does.....

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, MURPHD6 said:

The only problem is that his arm was never strong and every defensive cordinator in the league knows that he can't throw a deep out, so the defenses don't have to defend the entire field. Its the same problem that has dogged him his entire career and why he tends to have melt downs when facing above average defenses. He's a perfect backup though, probably the best of his generation. Fine against half the teams in the league, but that doesnt get you into the playoffs and it probably doesnt win a playoff game.

Agree to a point - How did he throw 31 TD's for NYJ?