Outside the QB role, which training camp battle are you looking forward to?

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

For me its' the WR position because outside of Benjamin and Zay, the other 4 spots are up for grabs.  I wouldn't say Zay is an absolute lock but I'm 99.9% sure he makes the team unless there's another bizarre incident with him.  I think the coaches like Jones and see his potential....he's also a 2nd round pick going into his 2nd year.

The other 4 could be shuffled a million different ways.  I am pulling for Streater though.  I do think he has talent and has potential.  Really sucked having him carted off last year in PS after having a great camp.

The other is Bodine vs Groy.  I am pulling for Groy.  I know Bodine is "steady" but I think Groy could be good.  

The WR.  We have some vets who are borderline-capable but not outstanding, Streater and Holmes amoung them.  We have some young guns who want it bad.  It will be verrry interesting to see how they shape up in camp.

And yeah, the OL.

Trent vs Shaq

Harry vs Kyle

I'm also keeping an eye on that #2 TE spot. and FB. Our backup TE's played poorly as did our FB. They need to help out more on wide running plays for Shady to be able to turn the corner.

None of our OL are any good except maybe Dawkins will come around in year 2. I could easily imagine some late cut stepping in to start on the OL early in the season to help shore up our weakest overall position group -- WR's are our 2nd weakest group.

Edited by GreggTX

I'll be watching the WR competition as well, but I expect a big jump this year in production no matter who makes the team just because of the change at QB, I think the WR's will have a better chance of making plays.  It was a tough couple years for those guys, TT was a great guy, but not very effective at hooking up with WR's. 

I'm more interested in both lines.  They brought a lot guys in, I think there's going to be some fierce competition in the trenches.  

11 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Trent vs Shaq

Harry vs Kyle

I'm also keeping an eye on that #2 TE spot. and FB. Our backup TE's played poorly as did our FB. They need to help out more on wide running plays for Shady to be able to turn the corner.

Trent vs Shaw will be interesting.

I don't think there's much of a "competition" so to speak with Kyle and Harrison, but I think Kyle's PT will decrease towards the end of the season, with Harrison manning his position. If the Bills are in the playoff mix, this would give Kyle and his old legs some rest, and give the Bills a better rotation. And if the Bills are out of it, it would give Harrison some more valuable time on the field.

Kyle may have lost a step, but he's still pretty good, and is still pretty quick off of the snap. This staff won't do him dirty and give Phillips more PT than Kyle (barring major regression from Kyle), especially since it may be his last season. But Kyle is a true pro and wants what's best for the team, and I'm sure he understands his role. Phillips is basically Kyle's "little" Padawan, and is potentially the future at the position. 

I'm more interested in seeing Phillips compete with Washington.

Also, I think you're selling O'Leary short. He's gotten better each year, and has reliable hands. And he just looks the part of a "classic" TE, even if he's a bit shorter than your typical TE.

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Clay makes a lot of money......the knee is an issue every year

I read somewhere recently that Clay is another guy who has dedicated himself to a change in diet and regimen, claiming he feels better than ever and hopeful the injury concerns are behind him.  Will be great if true.

1 hour ago, eball said:

I read somewhere recently that Clay is another guy who has dedicated himself to a change in diet and regimen, claiming he feels better than ever and hopeful the injury concerns are behind him.  Will be great if true.

Yolo started a thread about Clay and his diet a while back.

Here was the article.

http://buffalonews.com/2018/05/28/charles-clay-hoping-changes-to-diet-will-keep-him-stay-on-field-more-for-bills/

• Thank you (+1) 1

...receiving corp (WR & TE) as well as OL...a viable. threatening passing game, especially DOWNFIELD, was in the "lost and NOT YET found" department......shape up the OL to pass protect and let McDaboll do his thing.....WR's had a better shot of catching t-shirts from the stands versus seeing the pigskin...........

8 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

For me its' the WR position because outside of Benjamin and Zay, the other 4 spots are up for grabs.  I wouldn't say Zay is an absolute lock but I'm 99.9% sure he makes the team unless there's another bizarre incident with him.  I think the coaches like Jones and see his potential....he's also a 2nd round pick going into his 2nd year.

The other 4 could be shuffled a million different ways.  I am pulling for Streater though.  I do think he has talent and has potential.  Really sucked having him carted off last year in PS after having a great camp.

The other is Bodine vs Groy.  I am pulling for Groy.  I know Bodine is "steady" but I think Groy could be good.  

Is a hotdog a sandwich!!!

Oline them WR.