Joe B: 53 Man Roster Projection - Final

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Im a bit higher on Milano then you.....but none of this really seems out of place

He definitely made some nice plays last year.  Reminds me ok Kiko.  I think ultimately he will be too small to play the position.  He is only 6-0 and 221.  That is a SS not an OLB.  But instincts and speed can turn into great plays of which he delivered last year.    

1 minute ago, Dadonkadonk said:

He definitely made some nice plays last year.  Reminds me ok Kiko.  I think ultimately he will be too small to play the position.  He is only 6-0 and 221.  That is a SS not an OLB.  But instincts and speed can turn into great plays of which he delivered last year.    

But look at McD and what he brings from the Panther's.....they use guys that can move...he actually fits.

And if Kiko does get hit with the injury bug I think his career is much better.

I actually think the drafting of Edmunds allows them to do more things with Milano......he is very good going after the QB as well.

Lorax?  Im wondering if he would not just be a better DE at this poing giving us more pass rush.   It is pretty much a given that if he sticks with the team this is probably his last year.

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

But look at McD and what he brings from the Panther's.....they use guys that can move...he actually fits.

And if Kiko does get hit with the injury bug I think his career is much better.

I actually think the drafting of Edmunds allows them to do more things with Milano......he is very good going after the QB as well.

Lorax?  Im wondering if he would not just be a better DE at this poing giving us more pass rush.   It is pretty much a given that if he sticks with the team this is probably his last year.

If Lorax makes the team I agree.  I would let him pass rush 15-20 snaps a game and play STs.  I'm really hoping Lawson steps up especially in the pass rush.  

12 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s been playing behind Dupre and Proehl and Allen have a good working relationship. There’s a LONG way to go with the WR. I believe that Benjamin is the only lock. 

I pretty much agree with all of Joe's projections except for WR.  Not that I disagree with it, I just think, like you say.....Benjamin is the only lock.  

That's the one role outside of QB I'm going to pay attention to the most because it's a total crapshoot to me.

24 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I pretty much agree with all of Joe's projections except for WR.  Not that I disagree with it, I just think, like you say.....Benjamin is the only lock.  

That's the one role outside of QB I'm going to pay attention to the most because it's a total crapshoot to me.

I think CB is pretty open too. They have the 2 UDFA’s competing against guys like Borders, Pitts and even Gaines IMO. 

11 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think CB is pretty open too. They have the 2 UDFA’s competing against guys like Borders, Pitts and even Gaines IMO. 

Depth for sure but the 4 starters are locked.  Nickel will be interesting.

**4 starters meaning safety too.  I thought "secondary all together" when you wrote "CB" because I don't ready thoroughly sometimes"

Edited by Royale with Cheese

These lists always elicit my same response....WHO?

Every year there are so many players that I’ve literally never heard of. It just shows how few roster spots are actually in play each season, and this would be a year with seemingly high turnover.

On 6/20/2018 at 10:28 PM, Wily Dog said:

I think Dupree is a lock , i also like Reilly over  Holmes. I also would cut/trade Clay because of his infirmities  and keep Logan Thomas.

What has Logan Thomas done to deserve a roster spot? Cutting Clay and keeping Thomas doesn’t make much sense.

40 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

What has Logan Thomas done to deserve a roster spot? Cutting Clay and keeping Thomas doesn’t make much sense.

Clay hasn't done as mach as his salary demands. I wasn't saying Logan Thomas should start , that would be up to the coaches but i assume  O'leary would start. I just wanted more bang for our buck.

21 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

Clay hasn't done as mach as his salary demands. I wasn't saying Logan Thomas should start , that would be up to the coaches but i assume  O'leary would start. I just wanted more bang for our buck.

That's what happens when you backload a players contract with guaranteed money and that 2016 restructure should never have been done.

He can't be cut and even a trade won't help the Dead money.

Bills are paying now for having him on the cheap for the 1st 2 years of his contract.

I'm hoping for a healthy productive season from him.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Agreed. Practice squad, yes 53 man no.

Hope they can stash him . all the new guys have some skills. just a bit raw for the NFL speed i might guess.

Foster is a guy i really want to watch. Reilly needs to make the 53 this year or be on the bubble and 1st up from PS. I like Ray Ray too.

I think Joe B did a good job. I would just add 1 more thought. There are bound to be a handful of surprise cuts from other teams and I could well see a late addition to the starting lineup giving us his last good year or 2 because we are so weak on the OL and at WR. There's bound to be at least 1 guy who will accept a pay cut after his release that can upgrade a spot or 2. Someone like Nick Barnett, perhaps?

2 hours ago, Wily Dog said:

It was a heluva contract Whaley gave him. Trying to give Manuel every chance to succeed.
I would keep Clay till his contract is up. Like O Leary alot. Think he is underrated asa pass catcher and the rest of him game is getting darned good. see if he gets the ball a bit more this year under Daboll !

Logan Thomas. still waiting for something to notice about him. hmmm.

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

That's what happens when you backload a players contract with guaranteed money and that 2016 restructure should never have been done.

He can't be cut and even a trade won't help the Dead money.

Bills are paying now for having him on the cheap for the 1st 2 years of his contract.

I'm hoping for a healthy productive season from him.

I was going to mention about Health. Dude played through a ton of pain i might think with those knees. He was always getting rest days.
 Watch for that in camp. Hoping for a healthy Clay and Benjamin. Thats a tough pair to defend

4 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

I think Joe B did a good job. I would just add 1 more thought. There are bound to be a handful of surprise cuts from other teams and I could well see a late addition to the starting lineup giving us his last good year or 2 because we are so weak on the OL and at WR. There's bound to be at least 1 guy who will accept a pay cut after his release that can upgrade a spot or 2. Someone like Nick Barnett, perhaps?

Agree and hope its is true. Certainly a couple spots that could use an upgrade.

I see Humber is still a starter. Very very good Teams player , but i saw quite a few mistakes last year from him as LB. 

Beane said , like they all do, always try to improve the team !

So I think you are correct

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Joe B: 53 Man Roster Projection - Updated

Joe B: Buffalo Bills 2018 Pre-preseason 53-man roster projection

(WKBW) - It was the perfect storm for the Buffalo Bills on Tuesday morning -- no pun intended. Ok, well, maybe now it is after I've thought about it.

Either way, the Bills had their first rain-soaked practice of the summer, they weren't in full pads, and it was the day before a preseason game which meant they wanted to be cautious anyway.

Outside of A.J. McCarron taking his normal day working with the first-team offense, and new receiver Corey Coleman working in with the third-team offense in his first day on the job, there weren't many things to observe during a practice that ran at half-speed and in the coaching staff's hope that no one got injured.

So, with the start of preseason coming up, I figured it's time to bust out a pre-preseason 53-man roster projection. With 11 days of training camp as information, there were plenty of changes from the last time I did this after minicamp in June.

16 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Joe B: Buffalo Bills 2018 Pre-preseason 53-man roster projection

(WKBW) - It was the perfect storm for the Buffalo Bills on Tuesday morning -- no pun intended. Ok, well, maybe now it is after I've thought about it.

Either way, the Bills had their first rain-soaked practice of the summer, they weren't in full pads, and it was the day before a preseason game which meant they wanted to be cautious anyway.

Outside of A.J. McCarron taking his normal day working with the first-team offense, and new receiver Corey Coleman working in with the third-team offense in his first day on the job, there weren't many things to observe during a practice that ran at half-speed and in the coaching staff's hope that no one got injured.

So, with the start of preseason coming up, I figured it's time to bust out a pre-preseason 53-man roster projection. With 11 days of training camp as information, there were plenty of changes from the last time I did this after minicamp in June.

Wow, no Siran Neal?!? I didn’t think that was a possibility.