Joe B: 53 Man Roster Projection - Final

I can see Taiwan Jones making the final squad, but not sure who gets let go to make room for him. Maybe Holmes. 

Jones is a good special teamer, and all of the Bills RBs are "old" and may see some injuries. He made some plays last year when called upon, including that huge run at the end of the Bucs game. 

If the Bills are more focused on building their offense for the future, perhaps they move on from a vet like Holmes who really doesn't have a long term future in Buffalo, in favor of a younger WR. In this scheme, WR is a bit more interchangeable, and Holmes isn't exactly a player that you absolutely have to keep at all costs. This would give Jones a spot, while giving one of the young WRs that McBeane brought in some valuable experience. 

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat
  • Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Never knew the 'B' stood for Blow.

......like most sports prognosticators who predict full rosters months ahead of the season opener.

It's a fun thing to do... Keeps the off-season interesting.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

How does Reilly go from getting first team reps to not making team over Dupre or Proehl?

He’s been playing behind Dupre and Proehl and Allen have a good working relationship. There’s a LONG way to go with the WR. I believe that Benjamin is the only lock. 

13 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s been playing behind Dupre and Proehl and Allen have a good working relationship. There’s a LONG way to go with the WR. I believe that Benjamin is the only lock. 

Because some of these guys are Beane draft picks Rielly is gonna have to continue to make plays in training camp

1 hour ago, Big C said:

Think they might try to slip Proehl and/or Reilly back on the PS. Foster and Streater seem to be doing well in camp too.

i can see this happening. but watch out for Patriots and their devious  ways !

1 minute ago, Wily Dog said:

I think Dupree is a lock , i also like Reilly over  Holmes. I also would cut/trade Clay because of his infirmities  and keep Logan Thomas.

No WR is a lock other than Benjamin.  Clay cut?   The release of Clay simply will not happen as he's their best TE by far and it makes no sense from a cap perspective. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No WR is a lock other than Benjamin.  Clay cut?   The release of Clay simply will not happen as he's their best TE by far and it makes no sense from a cap perspective. 

We will see on Dupree , I guess i have some Belichek in me as far as Clay goes, His knees are questionable . I said to cut/trade him. 

3 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

How does Reilly go from getting first team reps to not making team over Dupre or Proehl?

Agreed.

It is as strange as that workhorse productive pre season RB who gets cut from several teams every year.

• Like (+1) 1

Interesting take on the 53 man roster. Joe B takes the two worst position groups and deals with that with quantity over quality.  I appreciate his approach but my take is the opposite.  In my mind the WR #4 is really no different than #7.  None of them are any good.  Same goes for LB #3-6.  Only Edmunds is a true talent.  Milano is a borderline starter. The rest are terrible including Lorax who only makes the team because of leadership(I still predict he won't).  Any one of them can be cut and signed at a later date if the starters get injured. 

I would carry 5 WR and 5 LB.  The majority of the time they will be in nickel and dime meaning Edmunds and only one other LB will see much playing time.  I would add a DE, a TE, and another DB.  Clay is nearly certain to miss some time and carrying a blocking TE is wise.   I would be ok with three TE and an extra OL here as well.   I like the idea of an extra body on the DL more so at DE.  Lastly, this defense took a significant step back when Gaines was hurt.  If Davis can't hold up they will need plenty of reserves to choose from.  Therefore carrying an extra DB is more important to me than a 6th WR.  I'm sure they can find a DB to catch punts and play STs.

16 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Interesting take on the 53 man roster. Joe B takes the two worst position groups and deals with that with quantity over quality.  I appreciate his approach but my take is the opposite.  In my mind the WR #4 is really no different than #7.  None of them are any good.  Same goes for LB #3-6.  Only Edmunds is a true talent.  Milano is a borderline starter. The rest are terrible including Lorax who only makes the team because of leadership(I still predict he won't).  Any one of them can be cut and signed at a later date if the starters get injured. 

I would carry 5 WR and 5 LB.  The majority of the time they will be in nickel and dime meaning Edmunds and only one other LB will see much playing time.  I would add a DE, a TE, and another DB.  Clay is nearly certain to miss some time and carrying a blocking TE is wise.   I would be ok with three TE and an extra OL here as well.   I like the idea of an extra body on the DL more so at DE.  Lastly, this defense took a significant step back when Gaines was hurt.  If Davis can't hold up they will need plenty of reserves to choose from.  Therefore carrying an extra DB is more important to me than a 6th WR.  I'm sure they can find a DB to catch punts and play STs.

Im a bit higher on Milano then you.....but none of this really seems out of place