Joe B: 53 Man Roster Projection - Final

This seems very realistic.

With Bush making plays on the regular, it will be nice to have possible depth behind Hyde and Poyer. 

I’m not a fan of the 3 QBs but if they’re going to keep their pet Peterman then let it be. It would be nice to carry an extra WR or Safety. 

Edited by Captain Murica

I expect that Levi Wallace is one of those guys who show enough in games to steal a spot away. 

I don't know that I can see them dumping Neal. It would be hard to justify. 

If Reilly get's put on the PS the Patriots will come for him within a week. 

I say keep 3 rbs, keep McCloud as a RB/WR and Keep Reilly. 

9 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I’m just going to say this, and then get flamed:

I think KB, Coleman, Kerley, and Holmes are basically locks. I think Zay, if he doesn’t perform well in preseason, could be a surprise cut. 

Someone will HAVE to outperform him, Rocky.  Zay wins all ties.

That said, though, I highly doubt if they should get down to say Reilly and Zay, they would choose Reilly.

It just starts to work itself out that way when you think about and if you're thinking who would be left.

41 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Someone will HAVE to outperform him, Rocky.  Zay wins all ties.

That said, though, I highly doubt if they should get down to say Reilly and Zay, they would choose Reilly.

It just starts to work itself out that way when you think about and if you're thinking who would be left.

Someone will have to outperform him, and contribute to ST. 

Between Reilly, Dupre, Streater, Foster, Phillips, Clay, and Proehl, I think this isn’t unlikely. 

2 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

I’m just going to say this, and then get flamed:

I think KB, Coleman, Kerley, and Holmes are basically locks. I think Zay, if he doesn’t perform well in preseason, could be a surprise cut. 

It's a slim possibility I guess, I just don't see us moving on from a 2nd year ,2nd Rd pick we moved up for , he'd really have to look awful this pre season..

And as far as Reily , I don't think we aquire Coleman if they were confident in him but for that price tag, why not generate more competition? 

I actually think Holmes can be the off man out, especially if they go with 4 TE.

This WR group is very intriguing

Edited by JerseyBills

12 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

It's a slim possibility I guess, I just don't see us moving on from a 2nd year ,2nd Rd pick we moved up for , he'd really have to look awful this pre season..

And as far as Reily , I don't think we aquire Coleman if they were confident in him but for that price tag, why not generate more competition? 

I actually think Holmes can be the off man out, especially if they go with 4 TE.

Reilly serves a different purpose on the team then Colemen does.....they might both be WR.....but different players....

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Reilly serves a different purpose on the team then Colemen does.....they might both be WR.....but different players....

Absolutely. I just feel he'll be the odd man out since the aqusition of Coleman.. McCloud , Zay and Kerley can all handle that role

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I don’t think they will cut Holmes. RZ target, ST ace and a cap hit of 1.8 Million.

On 6/20/2018 at 7:59 PM, BBills88 said:

I would like Brandon Reily over "Holmes"

Holmes is on this roster. People who don't like that idea better get used to it. Until one of these younger guys can provide even half of what Holmes does on special teams he isn't even under threat. Oh and McDermott called him "one of our leaders yesterday".  

On 6/22/2018 at 7:59 PM, Bangarang said:

What has Logan Thomas done to deserve a roster spot? Cutting Clay and keeping Thomas doesn’t make much sense.

Nothing. Logan Thomas sucks. He has had a year and a half to learn this transition and still hasn't mastered running a route or blocking.  Next. 

On 6/22/2018 at 11:24 PM, 3rdand12 said:

It was a heluva contract Whaley gave him. Trying to give Manuel every chance to succeed.
I would keep Clay till his contract is up. Like O Leary alot. Think he is underrated asa pass catcher and the rest of him game is getting darned good. see if he gets the ball a bit more this year under Daboll !

Clay came the Rex summer by which time I think Manuel's shot at succeeding was all but over. That contract is the worst one Whaley gave out. At the time he gave it it had a higher % guaranteed money than any QB in the NFL not on a rookie deal. Think about that for a second.  He was paid $9m a year with less risk to him than a franchise Quarterback faces when they sign a new deal. Bonkers. 

15 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Wow, no Siran Neal?!? I didn’t think that was a possibility. 

I think he makes it but the camp reports have not been promising. He has a long way to go to be an effective player but I suspect they don't risk opening him up to waivers and try and give him a redshirt year on the 53. 

11 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

II actually think Holmes can be the off man out, especially if they go with 4 TE.

And who takes Holmes special teams role..........? He is on this roster. 

And finally, bad news on Connor McDermott. I really liked his chances at the start of the year, they have clearly been trying to work with him to become a swing tackle. Being passed by Wesley on the depth chart probably means curtains for him though unless he can really play well in the pre-season games. 

Edited by GunnerBill

What does Holmes do on ST's that everyone thinks he contributes so much?  Yeah he's on ST's but he's not a stud.  He covers kickoffs? Great...

Holmes disappears on Sundays.  He should be a WR first, Reilly has more potential and can get open.  I would just find someone like Marlowe or Bush to fill in Holmes spot on STs.

Oh but he's a red zone threat! Really?  3 TDs in the red zone makes you a threat?  I bet if, if, Reilly and Holmes both make the squad, Reilly has more receptions, maybe double. 

Humber over Robinson?  Humber is terrible too. Robinson can play multiple spots at LB, Humber can not.

4 TE's, Why?  Id rather keep 7 WR's allowing McCloud to play KR/PR.  At this point I might take Croom over Thomas.

Edited by 1ZAYDAY1