Joe B: 53 Man Roster Projection - Final

Joe B: A tad too early 2018 Buffalo Bills 53-man roster projection

(WKBW) - The spring workouts have come and gone for the Buffalo Bills, which means we're now just a little over one month away from the 2018 NFL season becoming a reality.  It was a fast track once the draft finished up, and now the team has a full four weeks of work together behind them.

In those practices, we learned quite a bit about this version of the Bills. We got a pretty good glimpse into their thinking in a lot of different positions, and it even shed some light on what might happen at training camp.

We must always observe the cardinal rule of spring practices. Never get too high, or too low on a player after those practices because there is a 'fool's gold' factor to all of it. Many players shine in the spring and fade in the summer once the pads go on and the competition becomes more physical.

However, after the spring workouts, it opens up eyes to the idea of some players that were initially afterthoughts to potentially fighting for a roster spot.

And in the spirit of all of it, it's time for my annual 'a tad too early' 53-man roster projection. Here we go:

9 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don't see Austin Proehl making it. 

Joe B. during his podcast last week discussed how Proehl was building a rapport with Allen at the end of mini-camp and finished with that long touchdown. So, that would give him the inside edge if he is building some chemistry with Allen, and continues to do so throughout training camp and the preseason.  

I agree though, I don't see him making it. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don't see Austin Proehl making it. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Joe B. during his podcast last week discussed how Proehl was building a rapport with Allen at the end of mini-camp and finished with that long touchdown. So, that would give him the inside edge if he is building some chemistry with Allen, and continues to do so throughout training camp and the preseason.  

I agree though, I don't see him making it. 

I think Proehl has a better chance than most media members are giving him.  NFL pedigree and he has exactly the sort of temperament McD and Beane are looking for.

I think he's a 50/50 proposition to make the team at worst.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, eball said:

I think Proehl has a better chance than most media members are giving him.  NFL pedigree and he has exactly the sort of temperament McD and Beane are looking for.

I think he's a 50/50 proposition to make the team at worst.

20% at best.  He seems like a nice try hard player. Practice squad candidate. 

I think Joe B has the mix right.  26-O, 24-D and 3-ST.

7 WR's only if a lot of Special Teams players are there.

With the OL the way it is I can see 9 total.

About 50 of the names on that list should make the team..............the last 3 or so can be surprises.

Looks decent..

I see them keeping more than 4 DTs, 4 DEs

Im thinking 5 DEs and 5 DTs.  McDs defense calls for a massive rotation on the DL.  With Kyle getting older, Murphy coming off injury I say the keep 5 and 5.

Keeping only 6 WRs and 5 CBs will make up that difference.

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

I think Joe B has the mix right.  26-O, 24-D and 3-ST.

7 WR's only if a lot of Special Teams players are there.

With the OL the way it is I can see 9 total.

About 50 of the names on that list should make the team..............the last 3 or so can be surprises.

Looks like a pretty good attempt. He’s not far off IMO. WR/CB could change some.

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Joe B: it's time for my annual 'a tad too early' 53-man roster projection.

Never knew the 'B' stood for Blow.

......like most sports prognosticators who predict full rosters months ahead of the season opener.

Edited by I am the egg man

2 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Never knew the 'B' stood for Blow.

......like most sports prognosticators are who predict full rosters months ahead of the season opener.

He acknowledged that it was early for this, but I suggest you send him a scathing message that ridicules him to no end. 

• Haha (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He acknowledged that it was early for this, but I suggest you send him a scathing message that ridicules him to no end. 

Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you or your Uncle Joe's feelings.