How to Watch NFL Game Film: Micah Hyde INT vs Atlanta

26 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

The biggest takeaway for me was understanding just how many times these  guys must have to watch a play in order to determine play calls, progressions, DL fits, coverages, etc.  Then I get to thinking about the QC guys who's responsibility it is to track the number of plays that an opponent runs in each scheme/coverage/etc...QC = the most underappreciated members of the staff.

There was a former NFL player who took a QC job and detailed how much it sucked. Maybe it was Welker?

On 6/20/2018 at 3:59 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I can see why McD went after him immediately when he was a FA. His instincts/intelligence. 

Def agree.

A lot of people had him as an under the radar very good FA when he became available.

He was behind clinton-dix on their depth chart so I'm not surprised they let Hyde walk, they are both very good, so tough call for the Packers.

On 6/20/2018 at 4:48 PM, Shaw66 said:

Quite cool. Thanks.  

I don't trust amateur experts like this, but his analysis is right on.  It's particularly interesting that he noticed that both Gaines and White were confused on the play.  Also cool that Ryan trusted the play design and believed that Hyde would run himself out of the play.  He threw to th spot that Hyde shoukd have vacated. Also cool to watch 52 bite on the play fake then turn and find the guy cutting to the left sideline.  Ryan was supposed to throw to that guy. 

it's one good way to learn

the announcers tell me nothing more than i just saw with my own eyes on the TV screen