How to Watch NFL Game Film: Micah Hyde INT vs Atlanta

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is really cool film breakdown of Hyde’s 3rd qtr INT (and the whole Bills secondary and what they were doing on the play) ... it shows how instinctive he is. The analyst called it “psychic”

no way. according to some here, unless your a coach, you don't know what you are seeing on film.

as if it was right on queue or something... see below.

Edited by Foxx

32 minutes ago, Capco said:

Nice breakdown.  All of it makes sense when broken down like that.  It gives me a glimmer of what is going on in a pro-athlete's head at times.  

Quite cool. Thanks.  

I don't trust amateur experts like this, but his analysis is right on.  It's particularly interesting that he noticed that both Gaines and White were confused on the play.  Also cool that Ryan trusted the play design and believed that Hyde would run himself out of the play.  He threw to th spot that Hyde shoukd have vacated. Also cool to watch 52 bite on the play fake then turn and find the guy cutting to the left sideline.  Ryan was supposed to throw to that guy. 

There’s a guy who loves what he does! It’s a great watch after he gets past his gushing. I’m happy for anyone who gets to do something they love so much.....and then I learn something? Win/win! 

• Like (+1) 1

That's an awesome video. This is why I love football. There is so much strategy that goes into play design and trying to predict variables to get an edge. And you can get it completely right, but still throw and INT because of one oposing player's instincts. Awesome stuff.

17 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is really cool film breakdown of Hyde’s 3rd qtr INT (and the whole Bills secondary and what they were doing on the play) ... it shows how instinctive he is. The analyst called it “psychic”

Great stuff Yolo, thanks for posting. For amateurs, I agree, it’s s nice “how to” in terms of some things to key on when we look at game video. I hope some day a head coach, position coach, or scout, etc., will put together a tutorial on how they break it down. It’s a fascinating and entirely different animal and I think that perspective would be interesting to know more about. 

17 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Great stuff Yolo, thanks for posting. For amateurs, I agree, it’s s nice “how to” in terms of some things to key on when we look at game video. I hope some day a head coach, position coach, or scout, etc., will put together a tutorial on how they break it down. It’s a fascinating and entirely different animal and I think that perspective would be interesting to know more about. 

The biggest takeaway for me was understanding just how many times these  guys must have to watch a play in order to determine play calls, progressions, DL fits, coverages, etc.  Then I get to thinking about the QC guys who's responsibility it is to track the number of plays that an opponent runs in each scheme/coverage/etc...QC = the most underappreciated members of the staff.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

The biggest takeaway for me was understanding just how many times these  guys must have to watch a play in order to determine play calls, progressions, DL fits, coverages, etc.  Then I get to thinking about the QC guys who's responsibility it is to track the number of plays that an opponent runs in each scheme/coverage/etc...QC = the most underappreciated members of the staff.

It’s mind boggling the degree to which things are broken down, bordering on obsessive. Quite agree about QC guys. Lots of long days spent aggregating and catalogueing info compiled by others’ own video breakdowns as well as their own. That would be another good story to hear, too; a “day in the life of” kind of thing.