Sliver or Splinter?

Gugny

Do You Say Sliver or Splinter?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Say Sliver or Splinter?

In the Box o' Shout, @fl az fan was bragging about his dock.  "My dock is so big."  "My wife loves my dock."  On and on and on.

For those of us who've been around a dock or two, we all know how likely it is to get a sliver.

Or a splinter.

Or is it a sliver?

What say you?

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

In the Box o' Shout, @fl az fan was bragging about his dock.  "My dock is so big."  "My wife loves my dock."  On and on and on.

For those of us who've been around a dock or two, we all know how likely it is to get a sliver.

Or a splinter.

Or is it a sliver?

What say you?

Listen gugny, I never brag about my dock. it's a rental dock and only gets used 2 weeks out of the year. And i call them slivers

There was an awesome kids’ playground near us that was made mostly of wood. Bridges, towers, swings, etc.  After a few years it had to be torn down. The wood exposed to weather became rough and kids got slivers and splinters like crazy. Kind of a shame. 

54 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

There was an awesome kids’ playground near us that was made mostly of wood. Bridges, towers, swings, etc.  After a few years it had to be torn down. The wood exposed to weather became rough and kids got slivers and splinters like crazy. Kind of a shame. 

Rushford had the most incredible playground that was built with two by fours. Castle looking thing with Tourette's and slides and everything. It's been roped off for years. When I drive through there I still drive by to look at the wonderful thing they built. Too bad it's no longer usable

14 minutes ago, Augie said:

I think it may depend. How big is the wood that pricked you? 

I agree Auggie. I mostly get slivers. But one year I got a chunk of bark stuck in my inner thigh when I slid down a tree. That was even more than a splinter. More like a sapling sticking out of my leg

2 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Now that backpage has been shut down where do you go to rent your dock?

My mother arranges all my dock rental. The most wonderful mother on the planet!

• Sad 1

It’s a !@#$ing sliver!!  Are you people for real?  

Edit:  I just abruptly and rudely awoke my 4 and 8 year old children at 11pm to poll them.  My 4 year old daughter called me an ass wipe, and my 8 year old son confirmed sliver.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

It’s a !@#$ing sliver!!  Are you people for real?  

Edit:  I just abruptly and rudely awoke my 4 and 8 year old children at 11pm to poll them.  My 4 year old daughter called me an ass wipe, and my 8 year old son confirmed sliver.

FINALLY! An appropriate adult response.....and from a 4 year old. Go figure? 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 2

17 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

So are you saying that you use both words?