What's the Cloudiest Day You've Ever Seen Without it Raining?

Gugny

The other day, whilst working, the skies were very dark.  It was about 3pm EST.  The winds blew hard and the skies were threatening.  But it never rained a drop.

Can you guys ever recall a day that was really cloudy, but it never ended up raining?

• Haha (+1) 1

So, how exactly do you describe a really cloudy day?

It was really, REALLY cloudy. Like I couldn't see the sun. And it didn't even rain!!!! Man, those clouds were cloudy! Cloudyest, darkest cloudy clouds I ever saw!

It was almost as astounding as that super duper wet rainstorm the day before. Wettest rain I ever heard!!!!!

Edit to say that the word 'cloud' started looking weird the more I typed. I think I just got Gugnied.

Edited by BUFFALOKIE

1 minute ago, Gray Beard said:

I live downwind of Lake Ontario. I don’t see sun or blue sky from November through February. But the sky is usually just gray. Sometimes it is purple black looking, but that usually means snow is imminent. 

But, did it rain?

I went to a store once. It was packed. All I needed was some bread, cheese and spaghetti. I got my things together and headed to the line. I paid for my stuff and walked to the vestibule. As I approached the sky turned dark. Darker than burnt chocolate in the bottom of a par boiler. Pretty soon, the vestibule was packed. One lady had a cart full of ice that was melting. I got out my cheese and passed it around. We waited for the rain to start...seemed like an hour or so...maybe more. Some kid was smoking a bowl in the corner and I told him to knock it off. After 2 hours, I ran to my truck in the dark.  It was 10:47pm. Never rained. Weird. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BringBackFergy said:

I went to a store once. It was packed. All I needed was some bread, cheese and spaghetti. I got my things together and headed to the line. I paid for my stuff and walked to the vestibule. As I approached the sky turned dark. Darker than burnt chocolate in the bottom of a par boiler. Pretty soon, the vestibule was packed. One lady had a cart full of ice that was melting. I got out my cheese and passed it around. We waited for the rain to start...seemed like an hour or so...maybe more. Some kid was smoking a bowl in the corner and I told him to knock it off. After 2 hours, I ran to my truck in the dark.  It was 10:47pm. Never rained. Weird. 

Tell the truth...were you the kid with the bowl? Weren’t you? 

We drove about an hour north from Sarasota to Busch Gardens in Tampa through a crazy hurricane-style storm one time. It was me, my parents and my son. It seemed silly, but we had taken the day off and we figured we’d hit a museum instead then do lunch due to the weather. When we got near the park things were miraculously dry.  We went to the park and had the entire place to ourselves. We were the only fools to try the park that day. I got to sit in the front seat of the big roller coaster as many times in a row as I wanted. We eventually tried the back car for a change of pace. It was like Wally World!!! 

9 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Was this at the Aldi on Quaker Road in the summer of 2003?

Drove from PA to MD on one of those N/S roads you take if you want to avoid I-70.

My wife was tired so I told her I'd drive and she fell asleep.

It got so cloudy that during the day it looked like at night which was fine for me for I have great night vision.

After an hour I got to I-86 and headed east and then after a half hour it poured so hard you could barely end of car but it had been dark as night for over 90 minutes.  Half hour later my wife woke up and looked outside and could not see anything.  I told her I could see well enough to drive and was able to finally drive out of storm 2.5 hours after I started driving and he was able to take over. 

Quite a bit of cloud cover working in from the West tonight.  Pretty reddish-purple hue compliments of the setting sun.  Summer Solstice in two days.  Wooh-hooh.  I kind of like sitting outside with a beer Solstice evening reflecting on life.  Usually girls I knew in my youth.

The weather in WNY was amazing the way it would change so quickly. I remember a day in late summer when it dropped like 30 degrees in an hour. It went from beautiful in the 70’s to the 40’s in one long gust of wind. I’ve not experienced anything else quite like that. 

Edited by Augie

So this one day, right?  It was cloudy than a mofo.  My wife was bitchin “bring in the deck furniture cushions Johnny!  It’s gon Rain!”  It took me 20 minutes to bring in all those Martha Stewart collection fine fabric cushions/pillows.  Abracadabra....it never rained.  !@#$ my life!!

11/10/1975.

It was sooo bad, cloudy...

And every man knew, as the captain did too, T'was the witch of November come stealin'.

It was so cloudy that the dawn came late and the breakfast had to wait. 

Does any one know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?  Would have been much better if it was just slightly overcast...

Lived in Seattle for 20 years.  August & September are generally very nice.  The other 10 months are drizzle & fog, followed by fog & drizzle.  If it gets cold enough in the winter, they get snow, and then everything just stops.  The elevation changes are so severe that the streets are impassable with snow.

They have a lot of heavy drinkers and a lot of suicides, possibly weather related.  IF Mt Rainier ever erupts, they are all so screwed!

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

So this one day, right?  It was cloudy than a mofo.  My wife was bitchin “bring in the deck furniture cushions Johnny!  It’s gon Rain!”  It took me 20 minutes to bring in all those Martha Stewart collection fine fabric cushions/pillows.  Abracadabra....it never rained.  !@#$ my life!!

Ain't that just a mutha !@#$a!

6 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Bitches mannnnnn