Sammy Watkins classes it up on his way out of LA

Rigotz

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Who was?  I can't wait for this answer. :lol:

Can’t wait to see which one is more 430 yards or 613. 

Or just travel forward int time to the rams same two guys 781 yards vs 593.

two different teams two different qbs and he still could outperform Robert Woods. Sammy hasn’t been a number one receiver since the end of the 15 season. Once again this is all based off of potential and nothing else.

3 minutes ago, Bill_with_it said:

two different teams two different qbs and he still could outperform Robert Woods. Sammy hasn’t been a number one receiver since the end of the 15 season. Once again this is all based off of potential and nothing else.

What are you talking about?  Sammy has less than 200 yards  less and 8 more tds in one less season than Woods.  

10 minutes ago, Bill_with_it said:

You did not answer the question. Who was the Bills #1 WR during Watkins' three year tenure with the Bills? Actually it's based on his actual production in his 1st two seasons.  Your revisionist history is interesting. 

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

What are you talking about?  Sammy has less than 200 yards  less and 8 more tds in one less season than Woods.  

Not to mention Watkins was covered by #1 CBs all season long in 2017.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

43 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't think anyone is trying to say Sammy wouldn't make the Bills better. He just isn't worth $16 million. Two teams in a row made the same decision.

i don't know why this is so hard for some people.  sammy is a very good wr.  i don't think he's earned that money yet, (he certainly may), nor do i think there was a possibility that the bills would have retained sammy. they got a second and a player for someone that was as good as gone.  it's over.

16 minutes ago, Bill_with_it said:

You really should start focusing on the talent he clearly possesses rather than just rattling off numbers. He's far more talented than Woods, and I like Woods. It's amazing to me how easily Bills fans turn on players who are traded or leave. Christ: he was a very productive player for the Bills his first two seasons, and he was injured during his third. 

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You did not answer the question. Who was the Bills #1 WR during Watkins' three year tenure with the Bills? Actually it's based on his actual production in his 1st two seasons.  Your revisionist history is interesting. 

Not to mention Watkins was covered by #1 CBs all season long in 2017.

No one is revisiting anything. He wasn’t the number one receiver for the bills sinc 2015. He wasn’t the number wine receiver for the rams last year. Sammy hasn’t been a number one receiver for two years those are the facts. Once again all of this is based off of assumption on a huge contract.

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

You really should start focusing on the talent he clearly possesses rather than just rattling off numbers. He's far more talented than Woods, and I like Woods. It's amazing to me how easily Bills fans turn on players who are traded or leave. Christ: he was a very productive player for the Bills his first two seasons, and he was injured during his third. 

I understand he’s talented. You should start focusing on what he has produced. I’m sure Sammy realizes that now seeing how he’s on his 3rd team. 

Just now, Bill_with_it said:

No one is revisiting anything. He wasn’t the number one receiver for the bills sinc 2015. He wasn’t the number wine receiver for the rams last year. Sammy hasn’t been a number one receiver for two years those are the facts. Once again all of this is based off of assumption on a huge contract.

He was the #1 WR for the Bills in the eight games he played even on 1 leg and he was also the #1 WR for the Rams in terms of the way he was covered.  You are simply incorrect. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bill_with_it said:

Um, he was injured in 2016 - Lisfranc. More importantly, contracts are based on projection, not past performance. Teams don't pay players for past performance; they pay them for projected performance. The Chiefs, who are 53-27 the last five seasons and are clearly good at roster building, project him to be an elite receiver. You clearly don't, but I'm gonna go with the Chiefs' opinion on this one. 

Just now, dave mcbride said:

Um, he was injured in 2016 - Lisfranc. More importantly, contracts are based on projection, not past performance. Teams don't pay players for past performance; they pay them for projected performance. The Chiefs, who are 53-27 the last five seasons and are clearly good at roster building, project him to be an elite receiver. You clearly don't, but I'm gonna go with the Chiefs' opinion on this one. 

Good I’ll be sure to book mark this and bring it up at the end of the season when you and the chiefs are wrong. 

4 minutes ago, Bill_with_it said:

I understand he’s talented. You should start focusing on what he has produced. I’m sure Sammy realizes that now seeing how he’s on his 3rd team. 

I see his production in his first two seasons as pretty damn strong. He was injured in his third season, and last year he played in an offense that was ridiculously multiple (and effective). He still hauled in 8 TDs and averaged over 15 ypc despite missing all of training camp.

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He was the #1 WR for the Bills in the eight games he played even on 1 leg and he was also the #1 WR for the Rams in terms of the way he was covered.  You are simply incorrect. 

No I’m not the number support and so days the Rams letting him go. We will discuss this in January hopefully you are still around then. 

Good I’ll be sure to book mark this and bring it up at the end of the season when you and the chiefs are wrong. 

Oh please. Frankly, you sound like a typical bitter Bills fan who turns on former players the second they leave. I have no beef with Watkins and hope he does well. I wish he was still here because frankly, he's 5 times better than any of the receivers currently on the roster.

• Like (+1) 3

No I’m not the number support and so days the Rams letting him go. We will discuss this in January hopefully you are still around then. 

The Rams didn't let him go. His contract was up. The Chiefs outbid everyone else. If you think they offered that contract sans any competition for his services, you'd be wrong. 

To wit: http://www.latimes.com/sports/rams/la-sp-rams-sammy-watkins-20180313-story.html

Just now, dave mcbride said:

The Rams didn't let him go. His contract was up. The Chiefs outbid everyone else. If you think they offered that contract sans any competition for his services, you'd be wrong. 

To wit: http://www.latimes.com/sports/rams/la-sp-rams-sammy-watkins-20180313-story.html

Man do you live under a rock. The rams let Sammy go and paid 81 mil to cooks for 5 years vice sammy’s 3 yr 48 mil. They actually paid more for cooks than Sammy was paid. Cmon. Like I said I’m done on this topic until the end of the season. 

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

This is exactly as I surmised with the Rams underestimating the market.

"The Rams took a calculated risk, choosing to franchise tag safety Lamarcus Joyner rather than receiver Sammy Watkins.

The plan was to continue to pursue Watkins with the hope that demand for his services on the free-agent market would not put him out of reach.

The market has spoken."

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Bill_with_it said:

Man do you live under a rock. The rams let Sammy go and paid 81 mil to cooks for 5 years vice sammy’s 3 yr 48 mil. They actually paid more for cooks than Sammy was paid. Cmon. Like I said I’m done on this topic until the end of the season. 

???????

Brandon Cooks is a very good player!  They had to shell out more for him (in terms of years; the per-year numbers are the same) because they failed to re-sign Watkins. They also *traded* for him, and had to give up a first to get him. That trade was done partly out of desperation (as the LA Times reported, they misjudged the exploding market for WRs this offseason) because they are built to win now and are going to have to face off against a vastly improved 49ers team this season plus a Seattle team that will pretty much always get to 9 wins given who their qb is. Anyway, two players can both be really good, you know. 62.5 percent of Watkins salary is guaranteed, and 60.4 percent of Cooks' is guaranteed. Watkins will go on the open market again at age 27 in three years, and if he produces, he will make a lot more money in five years time than Cooks makes in his five years. 

Edited by dave mcbride

44 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Oh please. Frankly, you sound like a typical bitter Bills fan who turns on former players the second they leave. I have no beef with Watkins and hope he does well. I wish he was still here because frankly, he's 5 times better than any of the receivers currently on the roster.

Watkins ain’t 5 times better than Benjamin.