Sammy Watkins classes it up on his way out of LA

Rigotz

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm half-kidding.

I think Sam Watkins could have been one of the best.  I loved the pick.  I thought it was worth what Whaley spent on it.  But Sam, the person, ruined Sam, the receiver.  His ego was/is the only thing between him and true greatness.  I think it's a sad story, to be honest.  Not really sad, because he's a multi-millionaire.  But I don't think he'll ever reach his potential.

Fair enough. Cheers! :beer:

"Grow with"??  The guy is entering his 5ht year in the NFL.  

He had a nice young QB to "grow with" in LA.  That QB (and the entire OC staff, apparently) figured two other WRs and a RB were better options to grow with their QB.

But, yeah, Sammy's THIRD team in 3 years---with a zero experience QB....THAT'S gonna be the path to Sammy's stunted growth...

• Like (+1) 1

Sammy Watkins was the number 3 WR on the Rams.

Number 3 WR, not third in reception and yards...in those categories he was fourth.  He did lead them in TDs.

I'm not just saying...it just is.

Good luck to him because he does have a lot of talent, but if it doesn't get unleashed this year or the injury bugaboo gets him again...hmm...that's a lot of money to spend on just anticipated greatness.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s kinda of pathetic the way some fans hate on ex Bills.  Sammy got traded.  He played with garbage qbs and we never invested in getting him the ball.  Some Bills think he is garbage yet good offensive coach kept bringing him in.

id feel a lot better about Allen if we had Watkins.  Maybe we can get Jordan Matthews back. 

Haha.  Yeah, if Woods was the number 1 receiver and drew number 1 cbs, he would be dominate. Are people serious with this?

and say what you want to about Whaley but we had a receiving core of Watkins, Woods, Hogan, Goodwin, & Clay.  With a good QBs, that’s one of the best in the entire nfl and we just wasted it.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Some fans need to convince themselves Sammy sucks and the Bills are better off without him. 

Meanwhile the Bills WR corps was atrocious without him and still looks to be an overall bad unit with 0 speed and ability to separate. 

"You just wait til CJ Spiller kills it with a great offensive coach on his new team."

I'm having flashbacks.

Well, you would get fired quickly.  

This is what’s so funny about fans (and I like you).  Sammy rushes back from a foot injury which is kinda of important for a receiver.  He isn’t completely healthy and messes it up more. Now fans question his toughness. So dumb, 

McVay is rolling with Woods over Watkins, so is this a "he's going to be fired" prediction?

Goff missed him all the time deep.  Dude got open a lot.  Goff is good with the short stuff and WAtkins opens that up. It’s wjy they immediately acquired Cook after Sammy left.  There was no way they were going into the season with Woods and Kupp as their top wrs.

It’s just funny that fans who are 40+ year old and constantly talk crap to players expect a 23 year old to be more mature. I have zero problem with players calling out reckless fans.  Some fans are total losers. 

Goff was one of the most accurate/successful deep ball passers in the NFL last year (11th) and hit Watkins plenty.  I'm not sure where you're getting your "missed him all the time," data, but it's flawed.

He didn't even break 600 yards and played in 15 games.  I think the Rams would have been fine with Kupp and Woods, but were obviously all in going into this upcoming season.

Not sure what the age of those criticizing Sam has to do with anything.  All it tells me is that you're under 40.

Remember that time Woods said something stupid on Twitter?  Or when he said he wanted the ball more?  Yeah ... me, neither.  And Woods is a year older than Sam ... but a lot more mature.

The only time I think about Sammy Watkins is during the fantasy draft and then I immediately remember that that would be a wasted pick. I so badly wanted him to be the great WR Whaley envisioned when he moved up to grab him. He just isn't. People compared him to Larry Fitzgerald for his hands and ability to create space. He hasn't shown half of that in the NFL. I don't hate him, he's just another wasted pick in a long line of Bills picks.

Watkins didn't say anything 'bad' in the article, but his "reasons" for wanting to play in KC versus LA were pretty much just a cover for him going where the money is.

And thats fine, get everything you can while you can, but i think thats where the articles writer was coming from.

Me personally, when Watkins was here, i was super excited to have him after watching him play at Clemson, but we all know how that turned out here.

For Sammys sake, i really hope he has a solid year, otherwise man, talk about paying a ton of money to someone just based on their potential.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

What he said was fine. It just doesn’t make sense.

Mahomes is going to be awful.

Maybe...but personally if I had to pick a dream 1-2 punch at wideout it would look at lot like Hill/Watkins. If Reid can work his magic with the kid that offense could be deadly.

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Man. It sure would be nice to have Sammy still here. 

Zay could actually make himself useful and dethrone Watkins decoy status if he pulled that offseason stunt of his during an actual game....

No thanks. Pass.

Some fans need to convince themselves Sammy sucks and the Bills are better off without him. 

Meanwhile the Bills WR corps was atrocious without him and still looks to be an overall bad unit with 0 speed and ability to separate. 

Sammy's 3rd team.

Seems like a keeper, eh?

Kelvin Benjamin's contract will be right there. 

Watkins is better than Benjamin.

No it will not.  No chance he makes as much as Sammy.  I’ll put money on that one right now

27 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Maybe...but personally if I had to pick a dream 1-2 punch at wideout it would look at lot like Hill/Watkins. If Reid can work his magic with the kid that offense could be deadly.

Dude has serious weapons. No question.

I just think he’s going to be his own worst enemy. 

53 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Goff was one of the most accurate/successful deep ball passers in the NFL last year (11th) and hit Watkins plenty.  I'm not sure where you're getting your "missed him all the time," data, but it's flawed.

He didn't even break 600 yards and played in 15 games.  I think the Rams would have been fine with Kupp and Woods, but were obviously all in going into this upcoming season.

Not sure what the age of those criticizing Sam has to do with anything.  All it tells me is that you're under 40.

Remember that time Woods said something stupid on Twitter?  Or when he said he wanted the ball more?  Yeah ... me, neither.  And Woods is a year older than Sam ... but a lot more mature.

So Woods had his best year last year with what I think we would both agree a better QB than Tyrod. His totals in 12 games - 56/781/13.9/5. Watkins best year, again with Tyrod at QB in 13 games - 60/1,047/17.5/9. He had 4 more catches that net an additional 276 yards & 4 more TDs with a worse QB. I'll take option two that also draws double coverage several hundred more times a year than Woods does and opens the field up for fellow teammates. Something Woods has benefited from for the last four years. It's Watkins by a long shot, it's not even close.