Sammy Watkins classes it up on his way out of LA

Rigotz

13 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Unfortunately for him, Bob Woods has been on the two teams for which he's played.  And Bob Woods is better.  Sam's ego is what's keeping him from being great.  Thus far, he's been average and he's been a crappy teammate both in Buffalo and in LA.  Again ... just my opinion.

I'm just glad he's gone.

Agree with the baseball fan.  Sammy is a foul ball and glad he is in another park.

45 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Those foot injuries just never seem to get better.

Agree on that. Had an injury for 8 years doctors could not figure out until I was put in a cast which almost crippled me so doctor did a MRI and he found a golf ball size cyst surrounding ankle bone, nerves, blood vessels and connective tissue.  One quack (I actually called him that in his office showing evidence) actually called it all in my head.   Once you have had such an injury it takes a tremendous amount of effort to recover partially and you never recover fully.  I am going for second surgery in July. 

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This is all about him looking forward to developing with Mahomes.  Not sure how you're spinning this into anything negative regarding his time in LA with the Rams and Goff.  Total non story in that regard. 

It’s kinda of pathetic the way some fans hate on ex Bills.  Sammy got traded.  He played with garbage qbs and we never invested in getting him the ball.  Some Bills think he is garbage yet good offensive coach kept bringing him in.

id feel a lot better about Allen if we had Watkins.  Maybe we can get Jordan Matthews back. 

25 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I don't think anyone's ever questioned his abilities or his potential to be elite.

In my opinion, his thirst to be the clear number one receiver is what's held him down.

Unfortunately for him, Bob Woods has been on the two teams for which he's played.  And Bob Woods is better.  Sam's ego is what's keeping him from being great.  Thus far, he's been average and he's been a crappy teammate both in Buffalo and in LA.  Again ... just my opinion.

I'm just glad he's gone.

Haha.  Yeah, if Woods was the number 1 receiver and drew number 1 cbs, he would be dominate. Are people serious with this?

and say what you want to about Whaley but we had a receiving core of Watkins, Woods, Hogan, Goodwin, & Clay.  With a good QBs, that’s one of the best in the entire nfl and we just wasted it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s kinda of pathetic the way some fans hate on ex Bills.  Sammy got traded.  He played with garbage qbs and we never invested in getting him the ball.  Some Bills think he is garbage yet good offensive coach kept bringing him in.

id feel a lot better about Allen if we had Watkins.  Maybe we can get Jordan Matthews back. 

Haha.  Yeah, if Woods was the number 1 receiver and drew number 1 cbs, he would be dominate. Are people serious with this?

and say what you want to about Whaley but we had a receiving core of Watkins, Woods, Hogan, Goodwin, & Clay.  With a good QBs, that’s one of the best in the entire nfl and we just wasted it.

Re: Whaley - I agree.

And I consider Woods better because he's not selfish, has no attitude, doesn't quit on his team, is just as good at catching passes as Sam and he's more durable.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Re: Whaley - I agree.

And I consider Woods better because he's not selfish, has no attitude, doesn't quit on his team, is just as good at catching passes as Sam and he's more durable.

Sammy only has about 200 yards and 7 more tds than Woods in one less season.  There’s a reason Watkins is getting almost double what Woods got. 

Woods is is a solid number 2 but teams aren’t game planning for him.  And guess what? Talented receivers are divas.  Sammy should have gotten the ball more here.  

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Some fans need to convince themselves Sammy sucks and the Bills are better off without him. 

Meanwhile the Bills WR corps was atrocious without him and still looks to be an overall bad unit with 0 speed and ability to separate. 

Maybe this is the year Andre Holmes and Streater become stars!!!

Sammy just turned 25!!! God, that would be a great target for Allen. Goff played well last year but has an average arm.  Allen could have threw some lovely bombs to Sammy. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Sammy only has about 200 yards and 7 more tds than Woods in one less season.  There’s a reason Watkins is getting almost double what Woods got. 

Woods is is a solid number 2 but teams aren’t game planning for him.  And guess what? Talented receivers are divas.  Sammy should have gotten the ball more here.  

Sam should have played through discomfort.  Sam shouldn't have demanded to get the ball more whilst quitting on his team in London.  Talented receivers who actually walk the walk can be divas.  So far, Sam is Mr. Potential on his third team.  We can agree to disagree, but I'd take Woods over Sam any day of the week.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I did notice and perhaps others did too ?

He drew double coverages even when gimpy.
He was used as a decent decoy when injured  til that well ran dry. he was a viable threat for a couple years.

But no i don't feel he accomplished nearly enough. Being available ( fully ) hurt him in more ways than one

You notice he had a lot of good to say about the Rams when he first went to that team. Then he gets frustrated about targets. Rams was the second team he wasn't getting targets and feeling frustrated. I just see a pattern that is all I'm saying. 

Hopefully for him he gets established in KC. Good recievers get the job done. I'm sure all good WRs get focused on right? He can't be the only talented WR in the NFL that's drawing coverages. 

Edited by Lfod

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Sam should have played through discomfort.  Sam shouldn't have demanded to get the ball more whilst quitting on his team in London.  Talented receivers who actually walk the walk can be divas.  So far, Sam is Mr. Potential on his third team.  We can agree to disagree, but I'd take Woods over Sam any day of the week.

Well, you would get fired quickly.  

This is what’s so funny about fans (and I like you).  Sammy rushes back from a foot injury which is kinda of important for a receiver.  He isn’t completely healthy and messes it up more. Now fans question his toughness. So dumb, 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Well, you would get fired quickly.  

This is what’s so funny about fans (and I like you).  Sammy rushes back from a foot injury which is kinda of important for a receiver.  He isn’t completely healthy and messes it up more. Now fans question his toughness. So dumb, 

Well, I'll just sit at my lil' job and expect more out of my favorite team's receivers.  Again .. just glad he gone.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Lfod said:

You notice he had a lot of good to say about the Rams when he first went to that team. Then he gets frustrated about targets. Rams was the second team he wasn't getting targets and feeling frustrated. I just see a pattern that is all I'm saying. 

Hopefully for him he gets established in KC. Good recievers get the job done. I'm sure all good WRs get focused on right? 

Goff missed him all the time deep.  Dude got open a lot.  Goff is good with the short stuff and WAtkins opens that up. It’s wjy they immediately acquired Cook after Sammy left.  There was no way they were going into the season with Woods and Kupp as their top wrs.

Just now, Gugny said:

Well, I'll just sit at my lil' job and expect more out of my favorite team's receivers.  Again .. just glad he gone.

It’s just funny that fans who are 40+ year old and constantly talk crap to players expect a 23 year old to be more mature. I have zero problem with players calling out reckless fans.  Some fans are total losers. 

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Sammy just never got it going here in Buffalo and I think it was the right decision to move him when they did.  I'm not going to take anything away from him, he is a talented receiver and has a high ceiling, but with his injury issues, and the price it was going to cost to keep him, getting that 2nd rounder and Gaines was the right move by McBeane.  I think that foot injury is going to plague him his entire career.  Those foot injuries just never seem to get better.

I agree that we got fair trade value from the Rams. IMO, the mistake on McBeane's part came earlier - when they did not pick up Sammy's option. This is not to say I dont like McBeane - I am pretty stoked with most everything else they have done.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theramswire.usatoday.com/2018/06/12/nfl-los-angeles-rams-sammy-watkins-chiefs-free-agency-patrick-mahomes-jared-goff/amp/

Didn’t see this posted anywhere.

Sammy telling reporters he wants a “QB that he can grow with” and that’s why he picked KC. That’s coming from a team with Jared Goff at QB.

Kudos to the Bills for getting a 2nd rounder and Gaines for this guy, who certainly would have left in Free Agency and definitely has an attitude problem.

It's funny when players sign for the most money, then make it not about the money.  

In fairness to him, his QBs were Kyle Orton, EJ Manuel, and Tyrod Taylor during his time in Buffalo.  He was the only player to come close to, and exceeding, 1000 yards.  

Woods and Cupp already had continuity with Goff when he showed up in pre-season, and he was behind the 8 ball all year.

Only problem is Mahomes is still an unknown.  While he looked good in limited action, if he falls on his face Sammy will follow.  

Doesn't surprise me another posting saying Sammy has looked good during off season OTAs and learning the offense.  He has always taken his craft seriously.

I wish him the best because he truly is a talented guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

WHAT?!!!

Holy hell. He was injured his entire career in Buffalo. There wasn't more than a few games in three years he was 100%.

So we can add injury prone to his crappy attitude, selfishness and affinity for saying stupid things.  All the more reason that Woods is better.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

So we can add injury prone to his crappy attitude, selfishness and affinity for saying stupid things.  All the more reason that Woods is better.

So just hurl crap at the wall, get shown it was the exact opposite and hurl different crap, huh? Nicely done! ?

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

So just hurl crap at the wall, get shown it was the exact opposite and hurl different crap, huh? Nicely done! ?

I'm half-kidding.

I think Sam Watkins could have been one of the best.  I loved the pick.  I thought it was worth what Whaley spent on it.  But Sam, the person, ruined Sam, the receiver.  His ego was/is the only thing between him and true greatness.  I think it's a sad story, to be honest.  Not really sad, because he's a multi-millionaire.  But I don't think he'll ever reach his potential.