Sammy Watkins classes it up on his way out of LA

Rigotz

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theramswire.usatoday.com/2018/06/12/nfl-los-angeles-rams-sammy-watkins-chiefs-free-agency-patrick-mahomes-jared-goff/amp/

Didn’t see this posted anywhere.

Sammy telling reporters he wants a “QB that he can grow with” and that’s why he picked KC. That’s coming from a team with Jared Goff at QB.

Kudos to the Bills for getting a 2nd rounder and Gaines for this guy, who certainly would have left in Free Agency and definitely has an attitude problem.

• Like (+1) 16

6 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theramswire.usatoday.com/2018/06/12/nfl-los-angeles-rams-sammy-watkins-chiefs-free-agency-patrick-mahomes-jared-goff/amp/

Sammy telling reporters he wants a “QB that he can grow with” and that’s why he picked KC. That’s coming from a team with Jared Goff at QB.

Kudos to the Bills for getting a 2nd rounder and Gaines for this guy, who certainly would have left in Free Agency and definitely has an attitude problem.

This is all about him looking forward to developing with Mahomes.  Not sure how you're spinning this into anything negative regarding his time in LA with the Rams and Goff.  Total non story in that regard. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

There was a report last week that Watkins has worked his ass off and picked up Andy Reid's complex offense faster than anyone had ever seen before, those that had been with Reid a long time.

You are sssspeaking of the Sun Lizard? 

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Sammy just never got it going here in Buffalo and I think it was the right decision to move him when they did.  I'm not going to take anything away from him, he is a talented receiver and has a high ceiling, but with his injury issues, and the price it was going to cost to keep him, getting that 2nd rounder and Gaines was the right move by McBeane.  I think that foot injury is going to plague him his entire career.  Those foot injuries just never seem to get better.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

one of the best though.

I really have no opinion on him. I post that picture because people say he draws the coverage so it's hard to pass to him. I never felt he was a all star for the Bills and he hasn't settled in anywhere yet to be that all star. I'm not saying that he won't be. He hasn't done anything to make me feel like the Bills messed up letting him go. 

I just think people put in to much work trying to prop him up as something he hasn't become yet. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Not a fan of Sammy but I don’t think he said anything out of line.  

18 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I really have no opinion on him. I post that picture because people say he draws the coverage so it's hard to pass to him. I never felt he was a all star for the Bills and he hasn't settled in anywhere yet to be that all star. I'm not saying that he won't be. He hasn't done anything to make me feel like the Bills messed up letting him go. 

I just think people put in to much work trying to prop him up as something he hasn't become yet. 

I did notice and perhaps others did too ?

He drew double coverages even when gimpy.
He was used as a decent decoy when injured  til that well ran dry. he was a viable threat for a couple years.

But no i don't feel he accomplished nearly enough. Being available ( fully ) hurt him in more ways than one

34 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

There was a report last week that Watkins has worked his ass off and picked up Andy Reid's complex offense faster than anyone had ever seen before, those that had been with Reid a long time.

I don't think anyone's ever questioned his abilities or his potential to be elite.

In my opinion, his thirst to be the clear number one receiver is what's held him down.

Unfortunately for him, Bob Woods has been on the two teams for which he's played.  And Bob Woods is better.  Sam's ego is what's keeping him from being great.  Thus far, he's been average and he's been a crappy teammate both in Buffalo and in LA.  Again ... just my opinion.

I'm just glad he's gone.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2