For Harrison Phillips, the NFL Was Always His Why

Gotta love this young man's character and attitude. People make the KW comparison due to his size and position, but his character is on the same level.

I love reading these kind of articles. Maybe they're "fluffy", but there's a lot of good stuff in there. McDermott is a high character guy, and wants those type of players. I think we're going to be reading a lot more fluffy articles with similar content as a result.

When the Panthers drafted Star and Kawaan, it changed their defense. Granted Short is a much better pass rusher at DT than Phillips, but their run defense and scoring defense improved considerably. Hopefully adding Star and Harrison has a similar effect, with Edmunds being our "Kuechly".

• Like (+1) 3

Will that NFL shield on his phone’s screensaver be changed to something else?

“My girlfriend Shae has definitely mentioned it a lot,” Phillips said. “She’s like, ‘Alright let’s change your background now. Can we get a picture of us?’ She’s like, ‘I’ve been looking at this thing for five years. Can we get something else?’”

As Phillips sits and thinks about his girlfriend’s request, he’s contemplating how to get around it because he already has the next goal in mind.

“Maybe I’ll get an I-pad and put what she wants on that,” he said. “Because if I do change it on my phone, unfortunately for her it’ll be the Lombardi trophy."

:lol:

• Like (+1) 7

We drafted Adolphus in the 3rd rd a couple years back.  A 3rd defensive tackle that I thought had little chance to be a very good player.  We draft Phillips in the 3rd and I think there’s very little chance that he doesn’t become a very good player.  Dude is going be be a solid fixture that we can count on for several seasons.  Can’t wait to see Tremaine running wild behind Phillips and Star.  They’re going to be huge for his development 

Dude has a Stanford degree. He is going to be fine either way.

but I love this pick. Stanford is one of the few legit clprovrams that has real student athletes (besides Ivy League Alabama :) ).  I will take their players on my team any day of the week.  Also, I’m on the David Shaw train if we need a new head coach ever.

2 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

I think it is because he is gigantic, pretty sure that is an NFL football.

I could only imagine what that football would look like in someone else’s tiny hands.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

This kid is going to fit in well in this town.  Same can be said for all of these guys McBeane have brought in though.  An exciting time to be a Bills fan

You know, I'm keeping my mouth shut with all my football friends in New Englandn- it's Pats and Giants territory - but I'm excited.  I'm a big believer in McD, more than any coach in a long while.  I talked myself into Gailey and even Rex, but McD is different.  He really seems to know what he is doing.  The right players are responding to him in the right ways.  Kyle coming back was a sign that McD is doing the right things.  

The kind of guys they're signing and drafting is another sign.  This team is hungry.  

• Like (+1) 3

52 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

This kid is going to fit in well in this town.  Same can be said for all of these guys McBeane have brought in though.  An exciting time to be a Bills fan

I’m trying to call you out, but what does this mean? Is it the old stereotype that Buffalo is some rust belt, blue collar town? McCoy was the opposite of this and he has done just fine.  Guess what fits well in Buffalo: good players.