Anyone else still a lil vexed the Pats stole our unis?

...yeah, yeah, slow news day around here, but after seeing the Pats logo I got to recalling how they pretty much stole the Bills uniform.  I mean, prior to the SB years, the Pats were in these...

usp_nfl__new_england_patriots_at_detroit

Then came their current unis, which were a completely blatant rip-off of the then-dominant Bills unis...

patriots-1-1024x567.jpg

Alright, the new ones have a patriot head...that's about all that's still in common.  Blue jerseys like the Bills...check.  White pants like the Bills...check.  Logo with a streak...check.  Hell...a blue logo with a red streak...just like the Bills...check.  Why is the disembodied Patriot head even streaking?  That's a buffalo charge thing...are people frequently drawn streaking?  I mean I suppose to their credit they at least didn't go with a red helmet, but damn that is some pretty blatant copying.  I'm surprised they got away with it, especially since the Bills were in their division.  It's not like they ripped off a NFC team or such.  They changed unis, copied the unis of a winning team in an effort to reverse their fortunes...and ironically succeeded.

Now this isn't a big deal, I'm not mad about it, raging, losing sleep or anything over it.  It just...mildly irritates me now and then and wondered if any of you felt the same.

Edited by The Red King

21 minutes ago, The Red King said:

...yeah, yeah, slow news day around here, but after seeing the Pats logo I got to recalling how they pretty much stole the Bills uniform.  I mean, prior to the SB years, the Pats were in these...

usp_nfl__new_england_patriots_at_detroit

Then came their current unis, which were a completely blatant rip-off of the then-dominant Bills unis...

patriots-1-1024x567.jpg

Alright, the new ones have a patriot head...that's about all that's still in common.  Blue jerseys like the Bills...check.  White pants like the Bills...check.  Logo with a streak...check.  Hell...a blue logo with a red streak...just like the Bills...check.  Why is the disembodied Patriot head even streaking?  That's a buffalo charge thing...are people frequently drawn streaking?  I mean I suppose to their credit they at least didn't go with a red helmet, but damn that is some pretty blatant copying.  I'm surprised they got away with it, especially since the Bills were in their division.  It's not like they ripped off a NFC team or such.  They changed unis, copied the unis of a winning team in an effort to reverse their fortunes...and ironically succeeded.

Now this isn't a big deal, I'm not mad about it, raging, losing sleep or anything over it.  It just...mildly irritates me now and then and wondered if any of you felt the same.

Did you just say blue jersey and white pants, then show a picture showing they are blue jerseys and grey pants? I assume this is sarcasm?  If so, let’s add that they also put in a HOF #12 qb.  Why can’t they be original?

1 minute ago, Jay_Fixit said:

This thread makes me feel drunk.

SHOTS!!!

25 minutes ago, The Tomcat said:

I will say this and then run away.

I love the Pats old school logo.

All the AFL era uniforms were/are pretty solid.

And also, if anything, we ripped off the old school Pats jersey with our “color rush” reds.

54 minutes ago, The Tomcat said:

I will say this and then run away.

I love the Pats old school logo.

I actually do too.

That logo has a lot of detail, and is far more creative than the current one.

1 hour ago, Clyde Smith said:

They had like two uni's prior to the current. They made Elvis their mascot lol.

And it turned out looking more like the wicked witch of the west's soldiers from The Wizard of OZ.

Image result for wizard of oz soldiers

There was a period of time when Gillette Stadium would play that war chant the soldiers made. It was quite funny.

• Haha (+1) 2

Their throwbacks always make me reminisce about the '85 Bears trying to rip Steve Grogan's head off his giraffe neck in SB XX.  Ahhh... memories.

52 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Worst take around here in a while...well, in over a week at least.

How hard did you look?  There's actually a thread started on Sunday about bringing back TO... at least this one's mildly amusing.