Report: Baker Mayfield not ready to compete with Tyrod Taylor

On 6/26/2018 at 8:54 PM, The Red King said:

Much higher chance at injury in the NFL.  Players break easily, it's hard to even transition from college to pros.  NFL owners don't want to wear down their players before they even take an NFL snap.  Imagine if Rosen had to play AAA ball...just one solid shot to the head and he might not even ever suit up as a Card.

...certainly.....but with a minor league system ala MLB or NHL, more of these kids who cannot make it in the NFL could become career minor leaguers.......hence, they have a carfeer, gainful employment but not at the NFL financial level.....at least their collegiate efforts pay off somehow......and not every minor leaguer will get called up, so the injury risk would be the same in the minors versus NFL......would be nice to see callup(s) stick with the Big Dawgs and shine.....not that the NFLPA would EVER go for it, but the slackers can get demoted and there is a max minor league salary.......fail to support and you're suspended (um right; I must have CTE)....

So our Bills are moving forward the FO has made all of the right moves this off season & during last season to put the Bills in the position for a very positive future not only at the QB position as it looks now but in the LB er & quite possibly some other positions on the team like the D line & O line .

But hereing & reading about all the great things Tyrod is doing in Cleveland if he has a super year & with the talent that they have put around him to succeed out there how many of you will be the ones that say "SEE I TOLD YOU HE WAS A GOOD QB" or "I JUST KNEW THAT IF HE HAD THE RIGHT WEAPONS HE WOULD BE GOOD" !

And how many of you will be "THAT DAM BEAN HE SHOULD HAVE KEPT TT" 

I know a lot of us me included thought Tyrod was a great team mate but fell short as we all have heard 1000 times since his departure & a lot of us wish him well there as long as when he plays the Bills he stays the same as he was while he was here & doesn't make us all look foolish for which he has a ton of motivation to do just that !!

All of his new team mates are praising what he has done to this point & we all know what a huge arm he has for the deep ball but we all know what we thought are & will be his weaknesses again this year at least we hope .

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000939539/article/jarvis-landry-tyrod-taylor-has-looked-amazing

I have all the faith in the FO & the decisions they have made recently,  i for one think that AJ given the chance will be great & prove all the nay sayers wrong especially if some of the WR group steps up .

But TT can be a scary QB at times i just hope they haven't given him the players that he can develop a real good chemistry with & make us once again go DAMMIT !! 

3 minutes ago, eball said:

Really?  Another Tyrod thread?  Mods, can we get a little bit of control here?  Is there possibly anything left that hasn't been said about Tyrod?

Why really complain about TT threads......they keep on coming personally im over it.....this is nothing wait until the start of the season...every Cleveland game will sprout even more threads.......

30 minutes ago, T master said:

So our Bills are moving forward the FO has made all of the right moves this off season & during last season to put the Bills in the position for a very positive future not only at the QB position as it looks now but in the LB er & quite possibly some other positions on the team like the D line & O line .

But hereing & reading about all the great things Tyrod is doing in Cleveland if he has a super year & with the talent that they have put around him to succeed out there how many of you will be the ones that say "SEE I TOLD YOU HE WAS A GOOD QB" or "I JUST KNEW THAT IF HE HAD THE RIGHT WEAPONS HE WOULD BE GOOD" !

And how many of you will be "THAT DAM BEAN HE SHOULD HAVE KEPT TT" 

I know a lot of us me included thought Tyrod was a great team mate but fell short as we all have heard 1000 times since his departure & a lot of us wish him well there as long as when he plays the Bills he stays the same as he was while he was here & doesn't make us all look foolish for which he has a ton of motivation to do just that !!

All of his new team mates are praising what he has done to this point & we all know what a huge arm he has for the deep ball but we all know what we thought are & will be his weaknesses again this year at least we hope .

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000939539/article/jarvis-landry-tyrod-taylor-has-looked-amazing

I have all the faith in the FO & the decisions they have made recently,  i for one think that AJ given the chance will be great & prove all the nay sayers wrong especially if some of the WR group steps up .

But TT can be a scary QB at times i just hope they haven't given him the players that he can develop a real good chemistry with & make us once again go DAMMIT !! 

Seriously? "But hereing & reading about all the great things Tyrod is doing in Cleveland ..." has you worried?

Go look at all the QB's the Browns have had the past few years. It's a who's who of bad QB's.

Taylor is probably the only semi competent QB they had since 2010. Of course he's going to look good.

Give a starving man a bologna sandwich, and he'll think it's the greatest meal ever.

But it's still a bologna sandwich, and not a filet mignon.

In the end, regardless of how TT does in Cleveland, the sad truth is...he would not have done well in Buffalo this season.  Different people will place blame in different places, some on the Bills, some on Tyrod, some on both.  Regardless, most all of us agree Tyrod wouldn't do well were he still here, so I don't think people will say we should have kept him, even if he somehow excells in Cleveland.

Despite who you blame, Tyrod, the Bills and the Browns are better off from the trade.  TT is a Brown, time to move on.

Edited by The Red King
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Red King said:

In the end, regardless of how TT does in Cleveland, the sad truth is...he would not have done well in Buffalo this season.  Different people will place blame in different places, some on the Bills, some on Tyrod, some on both.  Regardless, most all of us agree Tyrod wouldn't do well were he still here, so I don't think people will say we should have kept him, even if he somehow excells in Cleveland.

Despite who you blame, Tyrod, the Bills and the Browns are better off from the trade.  TT is a Brown, time to move on.

Good take on the situation. 

17 minutes ago, The Red King said:

pretty much all this......He wasnt and will not be successful here.....thats all its over time to move on........he will have receivers the bills wished they have had and an OC in Todd Gurley to boot.......the offence is built for success.....if he does good than good for him i say and if not well than all the backlash on him on these boards are confirmed.......I hope he does good but personally i really dont care too much about how another team does...only concerned about my Bills.......some people on here are going to spontaneously combust which will be funny to say the least......

2 hours ago, eball said:

Really?  Another Tyrod thread?  Mods, can we get a little bit of control here?  Is there possibly anything left that hasn't been said about Tyrod?

Patience, my man.  In three weeks there will start to be new stuff to talk about.  Until then there is almost nothing new to say about anything unless people get real creative.

Tyrod performing well in practice situations is fully expected.  So is his character, dedication to practice, and leadership.   It's game conditions where the lack of anticipation and the excessive caution puts the lid on the ability to move the ball effectively through the air.  Tyrod will be good for Cleveland.  They are going to win games this year, and that's a step in the right direction.  If Cleveland doesn't know it already, they will figure out soon enough that Tyrod's ceilling will limit how good the Browns can become.  Then they'll find out if Baker Mayfield has what it takes.

I just have a gut feeling that the team had a reason to move on from Tyrod, and that reason is progression. Taylor is not a traditional type QB. That's what the team wanted and I think they tried to get Tyrod to be more traditional but it didn't click into place. 

Tyrod can manage a football game and can make plays himself. He can also win football games leading an offence. I just think after 3 seasons you don't have progression then you move on. 

Cleveland might have the talent and game plan to allow Tyrod success. I'm going to have to see Tyrod airing it out all season to believe it. I think he will be a check down run it type QB still. The sandlot guy. 

Edited by Lfod